Replays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replays

I have advocated for years that the ref gets to see all the angles in real speed and then can pik one or two to see again in real speed. If you can't make a call with that info you shouldn't be a ref.
    Having said that I will say the NFL has lost their collective minds with the replay program. The Jets absolutely go hosed today. To say that the receiver lost control of that ball is complete nonsense. If you move a ball from one arm to the other have you lost control?? Of course the ball may be a little loose and no tight to your body but you still have control. The same should be said in this case. It might not have been tight to his body but he still was holding onto it.
    Replays will make me hate the NFL FAR faster than not standing for the anthem.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    I have advocated for years that the ref gets to see all the angles in real speed and then can pik one or two to see again in real speed. If you can't make a call with that info you shouldn't be a ref.
    Having said that I will say the NFL has lost their collective minds with the replay program. The Jets absolutely go hosed today. To say that the receiver lost control of that ball is complete nonsense. If you move a ball from one arm to the other have you lost control?? Of course the ball may be a little loose and no tight to your body but you still have control. The same should be said in this case. It might not have been tight to his body but he still was holding onto it.
    Replays will make me hate the NFL FAR faster than not standing for the anthem.
    Do you really think that they would have ruled that the same way if the Patriots scored? What a friekin joke.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That was a Morelli worthy call.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
        That was a Morelli worthy call.
        Isn't that Blandino back in NY?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Isn't that Blandino back in NY?
          Brandino is on TV now he left the NFL.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

he was having a hard time getting away with being Jerruh's sex toy as a Ref, now he's free to bend over
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They should tweak the rule to allow plays like that to still be TDs. A momentary loss of control where the ball is still within hands/arms/whatever should not be deemed a fumble but continued control. I think Dez Bryant had a should-have-been-TD called back for something similar 2-3 years back.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Brandino is on TV now he left the NFL.
                I think that you're right taz. I also think the whole thing started when Mike Perrara was still a big shot and came on the NFL channel while he was still working so maybe he's still on the job. I've got to remember to watch Total Access tonight to hear him explain himself out of this one and I hope once of those nitwit players that host the show gets all over him. When is common sense ever going to enter into this game and get rid of over officious jerks as Marv Levy used to say?

Comment

Alberto Riveron is the guy in New York who made the call. He said it was clear that the ball was out. Ok fine, so release the view which shows that it was clear and everyone can stop the fuse about it. Funny thing is there is not clear view that the ball was out. It was a bad call. And you know what if it was a bad call come out and say hey based on this view we thought it was out, we have to make this call within x amounts of minutes and we missed it.

That is much better than coming out and say it was clearly out. Nothing backs up that claim.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

what was evident was that the ball moved within his grasp. what is bullshit is that he lost control of the ball. just because it moved within his grasp doesn't mean that he lost control. they are regulating to the enth degree which is what the gov tries to do. unfortunately regulating to the enth degree doesn't work
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Working...
                    X