Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanB finally slots the Cards at #1

Sweeeeet
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

should i update the padres logo?
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Shit, he already moved them out? Padres are smoking, though.

I don't know about Ian's comment on relief pitchers and steroids, it doesn't help with throwing the ball very much. Either you have that or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17

I don't know about Ian's comment on relief pitchers and steroids, it doesn't help with throwing the ball very much. Either you have that or you don't.
        I believe it would help with velocity, which is what many relief pitchers rely on. Of course, you have to be a good pitcher too, just like you have to already be a good hitter to have steroids help you out. I said I don't really like to speculate though, and I don't even believe that in most cases, just sort of throwing it out there.

Regarding the logos, you might want to update the Padres and the Blue Jays, those are the two that people have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB

I believe it would help with velocity, which is what many relief pitchers rely on. Of course, you have to be a good pitcher too, just like you have to already be a good hitter to have steroids help you out. I said I don't really like to speculate though, and I don't even believe that in most cases, just sort of throwing it out there.
          I'm not trying to start anything, I'm not Scott Zolak over here. It's just that adding bulk is not going to help your velocity. As a former pitcher, I just know it doesn't work that way.

And Izzy goes and blows a save tonight...

Comment

I hate to say this but... i miss scott zolak. He was insane but good for debates.
            Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm not Scott Zolak over here. It's just that adding bulk is not going to help your velocity. As a former pitcher, I just know it doesn't work that way.

And Izzy goes and blows a save tonight...
              Isn't pitching an excercise in explosiveness? At any rate, steroids would help any players to recover quickly between games.

As for Izzy, he was at Coors field. I wouldn't worry about it too much, not like the Cards have any competition in the central.

Comment

Working...
              X