After 11 mos---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Well 60 that just added to the trade imbalance since we don't have pos Ford Focus' to send over there. Guess we should be okay with the trade imbalance.
    MD I want those fixed also AND MORE actually. But I'm not sure who you are mad at because you're ranting about the media and the media doesn't do any of that. The president and the congress do. Rant about the president who isn't doing anything other than holding rallies, tweeting, baiting, lying, and spending most every weekend at one of his resorts. Rant about the REPUBLICAN congress, both houses, that can't pass gas let alone a bill. And yes rant about the dems who aren't helping AT ALL. The media doesn't do any of that; there is one party with all the marbles. You seem mad because this party came in promising peaches in every cereal bowl and they can't even agree on the bowl. And now there is a real possibility of a very ugly brawl brewing on the WH staff. I'm tired of all of them.
    I disagree that was what all that was supposed to be about. Collusion is one angle. The other, and the one I am more concerned about, is Russian meddling which was the first 'problem'. Possible collusion came about as a result of that investigation. You say nothing illegal has been shown and I have agreed. But people in the campaign swore up and down there was no contacts with Russia UNTIL it was proven. Then they came out. So, while I agree I have seen nothing illegal I can't discount the possibility since people just are not very forthcoming.
    However, none of that matters. The president and the congress can move forward with the business of the country whether there is an investigation or not. But THEY are not doing it.
    Doesn't Nissan and Toyota make cars over here? I don't understand why it's so important to "buy American" cars? I think that one time "repatriation" could create some jobs when they finally get by this healthcare crap that nobody understands and actually pass some bills to stimulate the economy. Then again that may just let the bastards buy more of their stock back like they've been doing with all of the cheap money that's been floating around for years now.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yea I am not a big buy American. Hell there was a time when buy American was buy crap because others were making far better stuff. I'm just referring to the fact that many are bemoaning the trade deficits and trade imbalances and lost jobs/production in the US. Those are issues for our economy and if Ford, or whoever, moves production of an item overseas it affects those things
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Yea I am not a big buy American. Hell there was a time when buy American was buy crap because others were making far better stuff. I'm just referring to the fact that many are bemoaning the trade deficits and trade imbalances and lost jobs/production in the US. Those are issues for our economy and if Ford, or whoever, moves production of an item overseas it affects those things

There are really some BS trade agreements out there ND. One is that the
        Japanese make it extremely hard to sell our stuff over there if they even let us do it at all. I think that's the stuff Trump is talking about. As for trade imbalance, I think that is about as relevant as the NFL salary cap. We've had one ever since I've been alive and it hasn't seemed to affect things much.

Comment

That could be 60. I guess I am not smart enough to know all the ins and outs. There are a million products and countries have rules on different things. Right now the US and Canada are pissing and moaning about milk. Actually dairy. As I said I'm not sure of the details but I think Canada supports a certain price so that their guys make money and don't go out of business but the Americans can't sell there. Anyway, I am sure the same happens with wheat, canola, etc. I've actually heard that dairy may be the BIG sticking point to redoing NAFTA but I have no data to back that up. Who knew. Anyway the same nonsense goes on with every country but the VAST majority of Americans really know little about it. The reality is we are actually a rather uninformed country.
          We have a trade imbalance with China for example. Why? What are the products that cause the imbalance? Is it Trump ties and shirts? Is it steel? Is it ag products? I would be very interested in talking with someone who actually knew. The same goes for South America and Europe.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Nodak-- obviously we will never agree on some of this.

IMM, the media has a big roll in what the country is focused on, that in turn puts presser on the congress to get things done. So IMM yes this stupid Russia thing diverts attention for getting things done. Add that to the liberal bias from the media and the Trump hatred and you have a Media helping to push attention AWAY from the actual things that will help make America #1 again.

Yes, this congress is the one that actually gets things done and yes they deserve the blame, both Repubs and Dems. This is just another big example for the case for term limits, IMM. Yes it is the unorganized Repubs, but just as much and maybe even more it is the total obstruction from the Dems's--- this hurts the country not just the Repubs. And yes 2 wrongs do not make a right, but this is way over the top and neither side cares about the country IMM, they care about politics more!!!!!

Trump still has hundreds of people waiting to be confirmed --- unacceptable!

I know what you think that I am some died in the wool Repub.... untrue. I am a middle of the road (slightly conservative leaning) independent. But I know that this country has been going to shit for decades now and IMM it is due to this idea that Globalism is the way to gao... IMM it isn't. So I do find myself --- now --- agreeing a lot more with Trumps vision than I do that of the liberal left, whose ideas in my mind have downgraded this Republic. So yes I want change and I don't care about the politics, I want to see this country rise back up to what our founding fathers hoped/wished it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Nodak-- obviously we will never agree on some of this.

IMM, the media has a big roll in what the country is focused on, that in turn puts presser on the congress to get things done. So IMM yes this stupid Russia thing diverts attention for getting things done. Add that to the liberal bias from the media and the Trump hatred and you have a Media helping to push attention AWAY from the actual things that will help make America #1 again.

Yes, this congress is the one that actually gets things done and yes they deserve the blame, both Repubs and Dems. This is just another big example for the case for term limits, IMM. Yes it is the unorganized Repubs, but just as much and maybe even more it is the total obstruction from the Dems's--- this hurts the country not just the Repubs. And yes 2 wrongs do not make a right, but this is way over the top and neither side cares about the country IMM, they care about politics more!!!!!

Trump still has hundreds of people waiting to be confirmed --- unacceptable!

I know what you think that I am some died in the wool Repub.... untrue. I am a middle of the road (slightly conservative leaning) independent. But I know that this country has been going to shit for decades now and IMM it is due to this idea that Globalism is the way to gao... IMM it isn't. So I do find myself --- now --- agreeing a lot more with Trumps vision than I do that of the liberal left, whose ideas in my mind have downgraded this Republic. So yes I want change and I don't care about the politics, I want to see this country rise back up to what our founding fathers hoped/wished it would be.
              If I remember right (I'm trying to put together some bits and pieces) but Japan had us by the balls for quite awhile and there was really nothing that we could do about it. I think that there used to be a time when only Americans were allowed to buy US treasury bonds. Well during a recession we went wild with inflation so we decided to let the whole world buy our bonds to keep the prices down on them. This let Japan (who I guess had all the money) come in and buy and there was much more competition for bonds and the bidding went down and ultimately brought inflation back under control. This gave them very much control over us and made it hard to enforce strong trade agreements. Every time we tried they would stop buying sending us a message and bond prices went up. I think we might now be in the same position with China. Where China got all the dough still puzzles me though unless it has something to do with them getting Hong Cong back? Maybe you guys can fill in the blanks here???

Comment

MD, we agree on more than one might think. I have said a million times I think Trump is a pos -- as a person. But I really thought he could make things happen. Unfortunately I didn't realize how sick of an egomaniac he really is. That aside, I agree about the media. Hell they shouldn't ever be called journalist because they are nothing but talk show hosts hired to stir a pot. Some liberal some conservative. Some even change their stripes depending on what station they are talking on.
                As for congress the dems are being a pain in the ass. But that is just this week's news. The repubs were playing that same card one, two, three years ago. I'm not sure they can be any disagreement with that. I think we need half of congress to get sick so they think they will die and then maybe they will do something for the country not their reelection.
                I also agree a lot more with much of Trump's vision than I do the left. The problem for me is his vision to be a dictator not a president. This crap about tweeting no transgenders in the military yet it seems the joint staff was caught off guard. So what friggin generals did he consult with (since his tweet says it was in consultation). Now it is just my opinion but he probably talked to somebody he saw on fox or some hard core in congress and then made the tweet thinking the generals would be pleased to get rid of transgenders. Well how about following the standard protocol and issuing an order or maybe set up a committee to give him input or heaven forbid sit down with the Joint Chiefs.
                Anyway, I'm outta here. A few days driving across Trump's victory lane, then a few days on Lake Champlain, then a week at WW Crest before another drive through the heartland. The preseason will be mostly done by the time I am back. Will try to get on once in awhile
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Have a safe trip.... Been to the crest 2x already this year, and I spend all of September there.

Where do you stay?

Comment

Headed to the crest today. My brother organizes a couple of condos, Buttercup Ave if I am not mistaken. Five brothers and sisters, some nieces and nephews, etc.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

I'm at Newark and the beach, the REGES.

Comment

Working...
                      X