The only mock that matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only mock that matters

Rick Gosselin has the Eagles passing on Iupati to take DT Brian Price, Berry going 5th to the Chiefs and Earl Thomas going 12th to Miami.

Gosselin has Joe Haden dropping to 17. Eagles would have to be very tempted to trade up and grab Haden if he were to drop that far, IMO.

Interesting that he has Kareem Jackson sneaking into the first round. Was hoping Eagles could grab him with one of the 2's if they were to get a guy like Iupati in the first.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.441bfe6.html
    Last edited by Leonard Tose; 04-13-2010, 12:25 PM.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

And yet, this still isn't really the only mock that matters. Gosselin's morning-of-the-draft mock is the one that REALLY matters, the one that is more accurate than most and is based on how he thinks the draft plays out. His first two are basically just typical mocks.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
      And yet, this still isn't really the only mock that matters. Gosselin's morning-of-the-draft mock is the one that REALLY matters, the one that is more accurate than most and is based on how he thinks the draft plays out. His first two are basically just typical mocks.
      Right, he has the whole three-step thing he does. Still, I can't wait for the word from Gosselin, even the preliminary word.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

It is crazy how consistent Gosselin has been over the years. With that said, it just means he is best at placing the most guys in the top 100. So he has the names right, just not the teams necessarily. Which means an Iupati or Pouncey could still be ours.

Comment

If both McCourty or Jackson are there at #24 I'd much rather go that route than take DT Price. No need to go DT early when the FS & CB spots need alot of help.
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
            If both McCourty or Jackson are there at #24 I'd much rather go that route than take DT Price. No need to go DT early when the FS & CB spots need alot of help.

Price would be a good pick, IMO. It's a great draft for defensive tackles and Price is one of the best pass rushers in the group. Eagles desperately need a pass rush push on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Price would be a good pick, IMO. It's a great draft for defensive tackles and Price is one of the best pass rushers in the group. Eagles desperately need a pass rush push on the inside.
              Do you think that a drafting of Price might be preceded by a trade of Patterson or Bunkley? IMO the interior pass rush suffered due to the change in defensive strategy (the whole one-gap vs. two-gap thing)

As such the need for a DT is not as pressing IMO as a 3-down LDE who is able to get to the passer or stuff the run. Now, if the prospective DT was so strong and stout as to consistently collapse the pocket...well, that can never hurt to have!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                Right, he has the whole three-step thing he does. Still, I can't wait for the word from Gosselin, even the preliminary word.
                I agree. Hell, I was googling 'Gosselin mock' a couple of weeks ago assuming he'd done his first mock already. I couldn't find it and was worried that he'd been downsized from the Dallas Morning News.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  Do you think that a drafting of Price might be preceded by a trade of Patterson or Bunkley? IMO the interior pass rush suffered due to the change in defensive strategy (the whole one-gap vs. two-gap thing)

As such the need for a DT is not as pressing IMO as a 3-down LDE who is able to get to the passer or stuff the run. Now, if the prospective DT was so strong and stout as to consistently collapse the pocket...well, that can never hurt to have!
                  I think if they take a DT in round one it would only be because they REALLY liked him.

Comment

It's possible, I guess. Probably would signal the imminent departure of Trevor Laws as much as anything.

I've long believed that Bunkley deserves to stay on the field more on third downs. He's got this rep as a run-stuffer, but it's hard to establish your pass rush bonafides if you are always coming out on third down. Hopefully, Howard's departure will give Bunkley more opportunities to generate pass rush on third down.

Now Patterson, I don't think he's ever going to be anything other than a run stopper. If they added a guy like Price to the mix to add to Bunkley, Patterson and Antonio Dixon, they'd have a nice group.

I have very high hopes for Dixon, he can just collapse his man inside.
                    Last edited by Leonard Tose; 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I think the Eagles feel they got the 3-down DE in Tapp who is good vs the run and can rush the QB....

This is why I still say CB or S will be the first pick; there are few elite ones and Reid has always believed in elite CB
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Patterson would be a great NT but not sure there would be value for Bunkley because he is a 3 technique all the way.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I am on record. The Eagles are going to focus on defensive backfield in rounds 1 and 2 unless an elite OL or DE slips.
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                            I am on record. The Eagles are going to focus on defensive backfield in rounds 1 and 2 unless an elite OL or DE slips.

I think they go o-line, d-line, as per usual, then swing a deal or two for veterans for the secondary, the way they did with Ellis Hobbs last year. I'd love to see them pick up Iupati, then Brian Price at 37.

Then they could make draft-day deals for a guy like Richard Marshall and/or Atogwe, both of whom were tendered at very low levels.

I'm sure they could get one or both of those guys without giving up a 2, or even a 3. They could use that second 2 to grab the best available LB.
                            Last edited by Leonard Tose; 04-14-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

My guess is that the team targets OL and/or DL early, but I would not at all be surprised to see a replay of the draft that netted CB's Sheppard, Brown and SS Lewis. There may be two CB's and a FS selected this time around in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X