Observations Eagles Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Lions

Houston we have a problem. Its obvious this team is just not good enough.

1. Wentz was OK today, had 7 drops today,Took two sacks that bother me. Should have thrown the ball away.

2. Mack Hollins look good today up until the costly drop with a little over a minute left. He stepped up. Both of the pass interference penalties were bogus but more on that later.

3. This offensive line is over rated. I had a chance to watch some of the other games today like KC. Mahones has plenty of time back there all the time. This line is giving too much especially on the left side. Kelce got thrown around like a rag doll today.

4. Schwartz still loves to play way to much off coverage. He doesn't tightened up the defense till the other team is in the scoring zone. Then all we hear is its a victory because they only gave up 3 points. The measure of a good defense is three and outs.

5. Can someone put an APB out for the pass rush? 2 sacks in three games. Not many hurries today. All I have to say it FIX IT

6. The Special teams were terrible today. That kickoff return was a back breaker right out of the shoot. After the offense finally put up points in an opening drive. I know they blocked a kick but who cares they also blocked in the back and instead of having the ball at the 20 they got it at the 50.

7. Miles Sanders needs to sit for a little bit. He has to learn better ball security, Duce will teach him.

8. Agholor on the other hand should be benched. I know he had two touchdowns yada yada yada. But that fumble was an absolute back breaker and one that was easily avoided. Especially for a veteran.

9. Not exactly sure what game the linemans on the Eagles side of the field was watching today. He certainly ignored a major facemask that could have potentially injured Sanders, then he threw not one, not two but three OPI. Two of which were completely bogus, the last one was somewhat agreeable but tell me the last time offensive OPI has been called three times in one game. Kind of funny how he missed it on Jones touchdown on the other side. The Eagles have never won a game while Corrente crew has officiated. They kept them away from the Eagles for a year because of the debacle two years ago in Seattle.
    Maybe Lurie should make sure they his crew never officates another Eagles game again. They certainly left a lot to be desired. Again the Eagles make too many mistakes on their own in this game, but this just esaported that.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Agreed.

Again, Seomalo stunk out loud. I was watching him on a lot of plays, and he looked really bad all game.

I swear the refs also missed a block in the back on the return for a TD.

Right now, this is not a good team. Some of it is injuries, but not all. Like you said FIX IT.

Comment

It might be unfix able.

Can’t make Sanders into a more physical back overnight.

Can’t make whomever plays alongside 91 into a better player.

Graham is getting older and Barnett looks like the next Mike Manila.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

As I said in the game day thread Doug has to look at his staff and the players. Season long poor starts, penalties, injuries during warmups, dropped passes, etc.
        Their game plans aren't what they were. Don't know if it is OC Groh, Asst head coach Duce, or Doug but they start poorly every game.
        Every team comes out and targets Darby or Sidney Jones. Teams know they can go after the DBs with short passes and soften them until they get the deep matchup they want. Schwartz has been on this hot seat a long time.
        Sloppy play whether penalties or dropped passes. Maybe it is coaching, maybe it is player attitude (which is a coaching thing), maybe it is NOT PLAYING IN THE PRESEASON (which is a coaching thing. Get a bite of some ass Doug.
        Another hamstring in Darby. I'm not a great Darby fan and have beat him up before. He makes a great play here and there but he gets spanked more times than he makes that play. Not sure if it is him or if it is how he is used. My point here though is another hamstring. Why o why so many injuries. Maybe there is a frickin trojan horse on the med staff or maybe they are incompetent or maybe players are left on their own to do what they want but whatever it is it appears far beyond the NFL norm.
        All of the above though point to the head coach making changes. I'd start with reviewing play calling from the SB year and telling Schwartz to changeup the DB play
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Kelce and Seamalu have both sucked so far this year.

without Howard's power running, we'd have nothing up the middle

Comment

I gotta grade Wentz on a bit of a curve. Those drops were horrendous. He gets a B+ from me.

Our defense concerns me more. No pressure without the blitz. How can a dline regarded as one of the best get 0 sacks. Against the lions.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              I gotta grade Wentz on a bit of a curve. Those drops were horrendous. He gets a B+ from me.

Our defense concerns me more. No pressure without the blitz. How can a dline regarded as one of the best get 0 sacks. Against the lions.
              The D line was considered one of the better ones when they had Jackson and Jernigan. I swear, this team specializes in cluster injuries. They can't just get a couple of guys hurt, they have to be on the same unit. D-line, WR, CB, O-line, wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                The D line was considered one of the better ones when they had Jackson and Jernigan. I swear, this team specializes in cluster injuries. They can't just get a couple of guys hurt, they have to be on the same unit. D-line, WR, CB, O-line, wherever.
                That is the fascinating piece is we don't get one injury we get two then three. Look at OT yesterday at one point we had our 3rd string OT in there at left tackle, all within like 10 plays.

Its just crazy. Lose both of our starting wide outs within 10 plays of each other in week 2. Lose our 2nd and 3rd string DT's within a week of each other and about 30 defensive plays.

This is just crazy how we are going so deep at one position for these injuries. No wonder why they had Sudfeld active yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Curious on the B+ (not that I disagree) where did you see him deficient yesterday. For me it was the two sacks he took but one of them it was interesting as I saw the o line completely stop blocking, like they thought he threw the ball. I still blame Wentz because he should have thrown it away but the offensive line has to block till the Whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    As I said in the game day thread Doug has to look at his staff and the players. Season long poor starts, penalties, injuries during warmups, dropped passes, etc.
                    Their game plans aren't what they were. Don't know if it is OC Groh, Asst head coach Duce, or Doug but they start poorly every game.
                    Every team comes out and targets Darby or Sidney Jones. Teams know they can go after the DBs with short passes and soften them until they get the deep matchup they want. Schwartz has been on this hot seat a long time.
                    Sloppy play whether penalties or dropped passes. Maybe it is coaching, maybe it is player attitude (which is a coaching thing), maybe it is NOT PLAYING IN THE PRESEASON (which is a coaching thing. Get a bite of some ass Doug.
                    Another hamstring in Darby. I'm not a great Darby fan and have beat him up before. He makes a great play here and there but he gets spanked more times than he makes that play. Not sure if it is him or if it is how he is used. My point here though is another hamstring. Why o why so many injuries. Maybe there is a frickin trojan horse on the med staff or maybe they are incompetent or maybe players are left on their own to do what they want but whatever it is it appears far beyond the NFL norm.
                    All of the above though point to the head coach making changes. I'd start with reviewing play calling from the SB year and telling Schwartz to changeup the DB play
                    My brother and I had this discussion yesterday. I told him I refused to blame Howie or Doug for anything for three years after the Superbowl. However right now I think this team has some issues that are pretty plain. The young players they have taken over the past three drafts and not ascending. Is that coaching or Howie? I think its a combo of both. I am pointing a little more towards the coaching since they are taking talented College players, they should be getting better not staying the same or regressing (like Seumolo). This is causing some stress on the roster. Now from a coaching standpoint.

I do think this team misses Frank Reich much more than we think.

All this said the coaches on this team need to get these guys ready to play. They have not been ready to play in any game this year. Sure the offense came out and scored yesterday but the Special teams let them score, then the defense let them score.

They have to find a way.

Comment

My turn;

1.Wentz is playing well but those sacks today were on him. You have to throw it away or take off and run. he made a ton of great throws which leads me to....
                      2. The drops. OMG! I can see where one guy gets the drops but the ENTIRE FREAKIN TEAM??? Each wide out and both TEs had crucial drops. That was just as bad as it can get!
                      3. RUN THE DAMN BALL WITH HOWARD!!! I mean how many times do we have to say it. The guys runs hard and falls forward. 18-22 carries shouldn't be an issue for him. Not sure if its Doug or Duce but something has to change!
                      4. Play calling. Down 3 with 3:16 to go. The WHOLE playbook is available including running the ball. So what do we get ? Three straight passes which included a pretty bad sack taken by Wentz. I know the O line hasn't been good but in all honesty these guys never get to tee off on the D Line.
                      5. Kelce thought about retiring and its showing. Peters is collecting paychecks now. Isaac ? Who knows. Time to look a revamping the group.
                      6. Defense. You know its not even worth taking about the scheme and the Dbs. 3rd and 4 and every one is 9 yards of the receivers. Every WR form every team gets a free sprint off the line. No one is redirected. No press coverage.
                      the Dline maybe missing the interior guys but there's no excuse fro absolutely ZERO pass rush
                      7. Special teams gives up big return. I guess they wanted parted of the fun of screwing up the season.
                      8. Officials. This is getting silly. How you miss that facemask is beyond me. And 3 OPIs on plays in which every WR in the league especially those in New England do every game. Man please. Sick of these penalties!
                      9. They are 1-2 and look like it. They could be 3-0 OR 0-3. To me that's the definition of mediocre.

Comment

I had a chance to watch several other games yesterday. It is just getting out of hand with the amount of yellow hankies on the field across the game. Yes for the most part they are penalties but the game is evolving to, talking about the other team you are playing and then the tendencies of the officiating crew to call X or Y or Z. Then looking what that officiating team record against one team or the other. Its just nuts, the officials are as much a part of the outcome of the game as the two teams playing it. Their used to be a time that it had to be a damn egregious penalty for it to be called in the last two minutes of a game. Now it seems like lets see how many yellow hankies we can throw with in the last two minutes. Its just crazy and its taking the enjoyment out of the game.
                        With all the rules in the game I think we need someone who is a a common sense reviewer of all calls during the game. If a call is made for a block in the back where the guy is turning while being blocked and the play is past or away from him, then common sense says that had nothing to do the with play pick up the flag. Way to many calls were we say technically its a penalty or it was borderline and it effects the outcome of the game.

There I am done with my soapbox and once again I don't blame the Officials for yesterday loss they were just a part of the problem, dropping the ball, not playing special teams, no pressure on the QB, play calling etc much more of the issue.

Comment

How about the offsides on Detroit on that kickoff. WTF was that?

The NFL is almost unwatchable now. I watch the Eagles and the Chiefs. That’s about it.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            How about the offsides on Detroit on that kickoff. WTF was that?

The NFL is almost unwatchable now. I watch the Eagles and the Chiefs. That’s about it.
                            yep that was a joke I almost think it was a makeup call for the facemask they missed.

Comment

I use to be able to enjoy just about any NFL game. We got NO/Seattle for the second game. Ended up putting on Netflix. Didn’t even tune into any of the night game.

Comment

Working...
                              X