No announcement yet.

any word on how bunkley is doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Cosell's brain is a little out of shape. Did he later talk about the cover 2 zone and the "depth" of the linebackers for 5 hours too?
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm not sure what to think of it, to be honest. I hope it's not a sign of a poor work ethic. I mean the guy at the combine was absolutely JACKED. Unheard of for a DT. Even Reggie White had some fat around the middle. Maybe it's unreasonable to expect him to maintain that physique.

I'm anxious to see how he performs the rest of the preseason though.

Comment

erik, will the teams fork over the playbooks before the guy signs?

Comment

most of the reporting on bunkley today said he was just eating up jean-gilles. jean-gilles was attributing it to bunkley's fresh legs. it also may be that jean-gilles sucks. or that bunkley is great. or some combination of all three.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I miss those uniforms. Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
              Caught a little of Greg Cosell on Jody Mac's show yesterday and he said that Bunkley came in a little out of shape.
              Probably out of football shape. It's the first contact he has had as an Eagle while these other guys have been pounding it for 2 weeks now. No question it will take a toll on him for the first couple of days, it doesn't mean the guy is out of shape though.
              Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Well, I would think Cosell would say out of football shape. To me, there is no reason even to say that, that would be obvious. As long as he comes around and plays well, I'll be fine. I'm just worried because he was coming around slowly during minicamp, and then came in very late. He needs to be getting as much work as possible. Especially now with Walker out.

SCREAM, I would think they would give him a playbook. It wasn't like he wasn't going to sign, it was just for how much and for how long. But I don't know for sure.

Comment

erik, I believe that I saw JJ quoted as saying "football shape". He's no Corey Simon.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I don't ever recall any report that wasn't falling down drunk with news of the shape this guy is in.....gotta be "football" shape.

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                      erik, I believe that I saw JJ quoted as saying "football shape". He's no Corey Simon.
                      Thanks for that. Cosell was dumb for saying that. Granted, I didn't hear him say it, but I'll trust the poster in this instance. Of course he's not in football shape.

I can now relax and chill out!!!

Comment

The way Cosell said it and the tone in which he said it, what he meant to imply was that Bunkley wasn't working hard enough during his holdout. Now i don't know how he arrived at that conclusion, if he based it on how he looked in his practice gear or if he has some kind of agenda or what. But Cosell wasn't talking about 'football shape', trust me on that.

Comment

Bunkely has quite a reputation with the best lifters and bodybuilders in north central Florida of being an absolute animal with his workouts. I can't believe he was slacking off now while he was preparing to go to war. No way. Ain't gonna happen. Cosell has to be wrong.

Now compare Cosell with PhillyPhreak's report of what he saw. Again, he is a very reliable observer.
                          ". Today was the debut of Brodrick Bunkley. My first impression of his was "wow". He's built like an brick you-know-what. Not real tall but solid. I watched him closely when they were doing the DL sled drills and he was popping the sled like crazy. The DL were on their knees and they were practicing firing out and hitting the sled with just their upper body. Bunkley almost broke the damn thing he's so strong. On his first play (he is obviously running with the 3's) he annilhilated Nick Cole and Max Jean-Gilles and threw the RB for a loss. I am so glad they drafted him."

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
                            Bunkely has quite a reputation with the best lifters and bodybuilders in north central Florida of being an absolute animal with his workouts. I can't believe he was slacking off now while he was preparing to go to war. No way. Ain't gonna happen. Cosell has to be wrong.

Now compare Cosell with PhillyPhreak's report of what he saw. Again, he is a very reliable observer.
                            ". Today was the debut of Brodrick Bunkley. My first impression of his was "wow". He's built like an brick you-know-what. Not real tall but solid. I watched him closely when they were doing the DL sled drills and he was popping the sled like crazy. The DL were on their knees and they were practicing firing out and hitting the sled with just their upper body. Bunkley almost broke the damn thing he's so strong. On his first play (he is obviously running with the 3's) he annilhilated Nick Cole and Max Jean-Gilles and threw the RB for a loss. I am so glad they drafted him."
                            As I was reading the "out of shape" quote, I was laughing. I'm thinking about how this guy is a mound of muscles and there is no way a guy will get like that and suddenly relax for weeks before the most important season of his life. I just knew Dutch would be the one to mention this before I got to the end.

The last thing I am worried about with Bunkley is being in shape. JJ said he is overweight, which probably equates to Bunkley still having 20% less bady fat than every other DT in the league. I am only worried about him knowing the plays (which isn't all that much for a DT), getting his technique down and getting in football shape. With our rotation, the football shape part should not be that hard for a workout monster.
                            Pedro

Comment

Working...
                            X