No announcement yet.

This was the worst loss in many years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I will say about today is that the birds, to me, have been pretty good wearing down the other OL and getting pressure in the 4th qtr. That just didn't happen. I understand they are depleted on the DL but I'm a guy who believes your OL and DL have to be able to wear down the opposing line so that you can impose your will in the second half. Need to work on that.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

The last time a home team lost with a 17 point lead going into the 4th quarter was the 1985 Eagles who led the Vikings 23-0 and lost 28-28 3 wade Wilson TD passes and a fumble return for a TD.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

That Cards loss was Andy Reid’s first game. Dougie P started it!
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          The last time a home team lost with a 17 point lead going into the 4th quarter was the 1985 Eagles who led the Vikings 23-0 and lost 28-28 3 wade Wilson TD passes and a fumble return for a TD.
          Was it Wilson or Tommy Kramer?

If we are talking regular season, I’ll go with the Tommy Hutton / Chris Boniol debacle on MNF when we had a chip shot FG to beat Dallas.
          A close 2nd would be McNabb throwing a pick 6 to Roy Williams to give another MNF game away to the Cowboys.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            Was it Wilson or Tommy Kramer?

If we are talking regular season, I’ll go with the Tommy Hutton / Chris Boniol debacle on MNF when we had a chip shot FG to beat Dallas.
            A close 2nd would be McNabb throwing a pick 6 to Roy Williams to give another MNF game away to the Cowboys.
            That asshole's name is not allowed to be said anyplace in my presence and I would please ask you never to mention his name again.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              That asshole's name is not allowed to be said anyplace in my presence and I would please ask you never to mention his name again.
              OMG, yeah I totally remember that MNF game.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                OMG, yeah I totally remember that MNF game.
                I remember it so well. I was driving on I-84 in Connecticut listening to it on the radio. Funny the things that stick out in my memory.

Comment

I watched that MNF game in college in Manhattan Kansas with a buddy at my apartment. When we missed the kick I didn’t say anything and just walked out the front door. I went on a half hour walk and when I came back he was gone. We didn’t talk for a week. I went to work the next morning and my boss said... why are you here? I figured you’d be in bed a few days. Yeah that one hurt.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    I watched that MNF game in college in Manhattan Kansas with a buddy at my apartment. When we missed the kick I didn’t say anything and just walked out the front door. I went on a half hour walk and when I came back he was gone. We didn’t talk for a week. I went to work the next morning and my boss said... why are you here? I figured you’d be in bed a few days. Yeah that one hurt.

Really bad loses like that MNF game and last night's used to destroy me.

There would be anger but I was mainly left temporarily with an empty feeling which I suppose is not unlike 'depression'. It could last a couple days. I was this way after a hard loss for many years.

Having won the Super Bowl has made all the difference for me. I was disappointed but calmly philosophical about the total collapse by Schwartz's defense. What limited anger I felt was directed almost solely at Schwartz, and to a much lessor extent, the little cretin fuck Mills who always seems to be involved in a key play or 2 when the Birds lose.
                    The tip off to my change is my wife's observation, "They lost? Really! I can't even tell anymore when they lose." She likes the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Ahh yes. I remember that one. Freaking unbelievable. Still shake my head. And the Fog Bowl too...

Comment

Tino... I cannot agree more. I am pissed about that loss and our 3-4 record is maddening. But the pressure release valve of that super bowl win cannot be measured. I get it’s only a game and always have gotten that but finally not being the team in this division to not have won a super bowl really relieved some stress after a loss like that.

I do feel like this team is taking a temporary step back. Heck I’d be ok with 6-10 to get an influx of young talent at some key spots.... DE, RB, OL. We look good long term. Young in a lot of places. We need to survive this season, get the target off our backs and get ready for a 5-6 year Wentz run because he is special.

Comment

Tino... I cannot agree more. I am pissed about that loss and our 3-4 record is maddening. But the pressure release valve of that super bowl win cannot be measured. I get it’s only a game and always have gotten that but finally not being the team in this division to not have won a super bowl really relieved some stress after a loss like that.

I do feel like this team is taking a temporary step back. Heck I’d be ok with 6-10 to get an influx of young talent at some key spots.... DE, RB, OL. We look good long term. Young in a lot of places. We need to survive this season, get the target off our backs and get ready for a 5-6 year Wentz run because he is special.
                          Great post, the target on our backs was what I saw- we are getting everyone’s best game this year and the team is not prepared for that

Comment

Very well put because I see it as a temporary step back. Schwartz will either fix this or be gone next year. We have 11 draft picks right now and we will have some money to get some other pieces on this team.
                            We need speed on offense. WR, RB are critical next year. Also we need to get another LT. That is a ton to do in one offseason.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I see that apparently not only does the team have SB hangover but the fans do too.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Taz I agree/disagree on needs.

We have to get a DE next year early. Graham may not be back. Long is done. Bennett is going to get paid elsewhere which means Barnett is it. Josh Sweat is there ok. Means was let walk. I think DE is the biggest need.

OG/C is second. Kelce is good but aging and LG remains an issue. Big V is not terrible. He could be a bridge to get to Jordan Malita who supposedly is developing very quickly and is massive and agile.

WR wise you have Alshon, Nelson is going to re-sign. He is not going to get money anywhere else. And then you have Hollins, Gibson and Matthews. We are good there and golden at TE.

I would go get a coverage backer but a kid like Deone Buchanan might be available. You also need to resign Hicks.

So my thought is:
                                1. DE
                                2. OG/C
                                3. LB
                                4. Safety
                                5. RB

Comment

Working...
                                X