Beer here .... and some more beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer here .... and some more beer

To complement our cheerleader thread and to provide another outlet in the dog days of the offseason, I thought we could share our thoughts on the beverage that proves once and for all that there is a God - beer. To start us off, Boulevard Barrel Quad. Barrel aged in bourbon oak, this entry from Kansas City's (here's to you Andy Reid!) Boulevard Brewing Company weighs in at a hefty 11.8% ABV. Like drinking 2 glasses of wine at once, only better, this rich, round quad is every bit the equal of its Belgian brethren. Try it when you are done operating heavy machinery for the day - relax and enjoy.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Originally posted by flyered View Post
    To complement our cheerleader thread and to provide another outlet in the dog days of the offseason, I thought we could share our thoughts on the beverage that proves once and for all that there is a God - beer. To start us off, Boulevard Barrel Quad. Barrel aged in bourbon oak, this entry from Kansas City's (here's to you Andy Reid!) Boulevard Brewing Company weighs in at a hefty 11.8% ABV. Like drinking 2 glasses of wine at once, only better, this rich, round quad is every bit the equal of its Belgian brethren. Try it when you are done operating heavy machinery for the day - relax and enjoy.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Not a great craft beer mind and certainly not a dark beer guy. My days of an 18 pack of bud light while fishing have turned into 8-12 depending on the heat. When not drinking for thirst quenching my go to favorite is Amstel. I spent a year in Greece and Amstel was my available at the local cafes each night with supper so I got hooked. Otherwise Bitburger or Yuengling
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

One of my "newer" favorites is Yards Jefferson Tavern Ale. Pretty strong alcohol content but smooth and awesome!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not a craft guy at all. Any ol lager is fine with me. The case of beer on Friday nights are gone but still hold my own.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

after years of research, Labatt is the only thing I drink here in the US. Unless I sit down and drink a case, I don't get hangovers. Labatt Ice and Labatt 50 are the only beer I drink if not drinking Labatt Blue
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post

after years of research, Labatt is the only thing I drink here in the US. Unless I sit down and drink a case, I don't get hangovers. Labatt Ice and Labatt 50 are the only beer I drink if not drinking Labatt Blue
              Ice can be downright dangerous. The first time I drank it I wished I hadn't when I woke up.

Comment

I really like the 50s , but they are not easy to find. There is a distributor 40 miles from the cabin that I will sometimes go out of the way to drink a case. I drink them in bottles, which is a pain in the ass to haul back home or store till I have a supply to cash them in. I have a garbage can I fill with crushed cans already, so I make every attempt to drink out of cans.

Comment

if in Canada I try to find this one. Like drinking water with a kick. Goes down so smooth.

Comment

this is what I drank for 2 years in Germany. I found someone who can import it, but I need to buy 90 cases and pay duty on them. I skid goes for $4800.00. I'm not ready to kick out 5 grand to drink. Great beer though.

Comment

This is turning into the beer version of the cheerleader thread.

Comment

Sure, I'm buying the first round and you all are hopping on the expensive stuff. Porked again.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post

[ATTACH]209[/ATTACH]

Point taken.
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

When EB, myself, & Friends hook up during the season we drink Black & Tans. Half Guiness, Half Bass Ale along with some good snackin food & we're good to go. Most enjoyable on my Screened in Porch especially during Warm Months. GO BIRDS!
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                              When EB, myself, & Friends hook up during the season we drink Black & Tans. Half Guiness, Half Bass Ale along with some good snackin food & we're good to go. Most enjoyable on my Screened in Porch especially during Warm Months. GO BIRDS!
                              Ya gotta get the draft cans that have the CO2 charge in them. Those and the Boddington's Pub Ale draft cans. That makes the best black and tan you can get outside of a bar. You get the Guiness cascade when you pour, and they go down so smoooooooooth. In fact, I could go for one right now! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X