observations from Eagles-Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• observations from Eagles-Vikings

Very frustrating watching this team right now. Its one thing getting beat but its another being beating yourself. This team just isn't very good right now. Too many mistakes.

1. Schwartz - I am done with this guy. His defense can't stop anything. I don't care what the "points" are given up. Its when you give up points and when you give up drives. They didn't have a 3 and out until the end of the 3rd quarter. After the offense comes down and scores in the 4th quarter and show some signs of life they let the Vikings drive right down for a 3 points. The thing that really bothered me is they had them out of field goal range but instead of playing close coverage they played off gave up 7 yards and allows Beatle Bailey to kick a 52 yard field goal. That is not good defense. It seemed like every time the offense did score in this game the defense let them drive right back down the field. Kind of like the Super Bowl. Teams have caught up to Schwartz plane and simple.

2. Doug - worst called game he has had in a long time. His QB was getting his head handed to him by once again the pourous offensive line. Rarely did he keep in an extra blocker and rarely did he give Carson some outlets.

3. Carson - Good game not great, can't blame him for the fumble as he was hit on the blind side once again. He doesn't have the same speed as last year. I have to look at the all 22 to see if receivers were open but it sure didn't seem that way on TV. Still he threw for over 300 yards and two TD's

4. Officals - Simply the worst the NFL has to offer. There bullshit call on the roughing the passer on the Eagles and then let the Vikings proceed to do the same thing un called against the Eagles is really bullshit. What I don' t get is Carson Wentz should have been the MVP last year, he should be protected like the other Elite QB's in this league. He has yet to get a roughing the passer call against him.

5. Smallwood - Actually played pretty well today however the drop early in the game was huge. You need to make plays when you have the opportunity.

6. Seumolo - horrible player Wiz is better and that change could have cost the Eagles the game. He got beat like a drum most of the game.

7. Brandon Graham - nice to see him finally get a sack. He was pretty active today.

8. Michael Bennett - Really got jobbed on that call. Not only did he jobbed he got held three other times and no call. Was very active today.

9. Troy Aikman - Can suck my dick. Tired of listening to ex Cowboys and their agenda against the Eagles announcing games. This is something else the League has to change

Overall it doesn't look like we will make the playoffs this year. Kind of stinks but that is the reality. Too many mistakes, not much continuity right now. They could come together later in the year but that might be too late.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

The call against Bennett was absolute crap but I will say the call on hitting Ertz in end zone was pretty much crap also. I know the refs call that way but both were poor.
    Schwartz must have zero confidence in Darby and Mills because both give the receiver 7 or 8 yards of cushion damn near every play.
    The one time the OL looked good at all was coming out of the half. They let them run block. That gave them some confidence and helped their pass blocking for a short time. This OL isn't good enough and defenses have their number too much to have constant pass blocking. Now I will admit it is tough to call a running game when your guys are in the tub or have broken bones in back but the running game isn't being used well.
    No one is running away with anything yet so there is time to fix things. But in the NFL you don't have a lot of time to waste.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Not scoring after the lateral turnover is a killer. Like failing to score on a 5-3. Poor series there that really hurt us.

Comment

I know it looks bad but a few things to note

A. Cousins played GREAT. He made at least 3-4 ridiculous throws including the one where Mills got beat and I will go to my grave contending Mills coverage was not bad and it took a near perfect throw to beat him.

B. We gave them 7 on the fumble return.

C. They were given 4 on the Bennett call however that probably balanced out the miss on the short FG. We got lucky there.

D. We would have had at least 3 if not 7 on the drive to start second half. Ajayi is going to be thinking about that all week.

Also... Alshon is great and he is absolutely kicking himself for dropping thy third and 20 ball. He normally makes that play.

The OL is not good but man we need to run more early.

This defense misses Jernigan. He was the perfect complement to Cox. Pressure right up the middle is really needed.

We also miss sproles. He can pick up blitzes and doesn’t drop that third down ball that Smallwood dropped to end that first quarter drive.

Guys if we win Thursday we get 10 days to rest and then host Carolina. Then London to play Jacksonville. And then a bye. We could lose all 3 and be done or we could win all 3 and be 5-3 and getting our bye. 11-5/10-6 wins the division and might even get a bye.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

"Cousins played GREAT. He made at least 3-4 ridiculous throws including the one where Mills got beat and I will go to my grave contending Mills coverage was not bad and it took a near perfect throw to beat him. "

Certified Eagles Killer.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            I know it looks bad but a few things to note

A. Cousins played GREAT. He made at least 3-4 ridiculous throws including the one where Mills got beat and I will go to my grave contending Mills coverage was not bad and it took a near perfect throw to beat him.

B. We gave them 7 on the fumble return.

C. They were given 4 on the Bennett call however that probably balanced out the miss on the short FG. We got lucky there.

D. We would have had at least 3 if not 7 on the drive to start second half. Ajayi is going to be thinking about that all week.

Also... Alshon is great and he is absolutely kicking himself for dropping thy third and 20 ball. He normally makes that play.

The OL is not good but man we need to run more early.

This defense misses Jernigan. He was the perfect complement to Cox. Pressure right up the middle is really needed.

We also miss sproles. He can pick up blitzes and doesn’t drop that third down ball that Smallwood dropped to end that first quarter drive.

Guys if we win Thursday we get 10 days to rest and then host Carolina. Then London to play Jacksonville. And then a bye. We could lose all 3 and be done or we could win all 3 and be 5-3 and getting our bye. 11-5/10-6 wins the division and might even get a bye.
            I think that you hit most of the right points here AW. I always said that Cousins was a real good QB. I kidded with somebody this week that he can't throw from his back but we were proved wrong on that too. He won the game period. Just a terrific job.

Also Doug didn't start running until the second half allowing the Vikes to just tee off on Carson. Maybe Wiz is not playing so hot but Seumalo was getting steamrolled for the most part. The Giant game will be huge and another playoff type atmosphere. They haven't beaten us for about 3 years and the place will be amped! We'll need the extra time off after it.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Husband (Redskin fan) loves Kirk Cousins. Wants to watch all the Vikings games now. I am having to listen to a ton of crap after this game. Ugh.

Comment

1. Schwartz - Remember when we were all distraught over the possibility that, like a bunch of our other coaches, some team would "steal" him away. We should have been so lucky.

2. Doug - Very impressed with Doug today, and not in a good way. I sometimes wonder if, like Joe Hardy in "Damn Yankees", Doug sold his soul to the Devil in exchange the Ring...One Ring.

3. Carson - I thought he played well enough to win. He's not going to survive the season if the Oline (and Backs) don't get their pass blocking shit together.

4. Officials - Now that a couple other slug refs have "retired", Walt Coleman is, IMO, the worst ref in the league. When I saw that he had the game, I thought "This guy always finds a way to fuck us somehow." He makes the chicken shit call on Bennett while letting the Vikes beat the shit out of Wentz. Wentz got clobbered in the head last week with no call.

5. Smallwood - Good game except for the horrendous open drop to kill a drive. His pass blocking sucks. Tell me again why it was so important to let Blount go.

6. Seumalo - I don't know why this guy is on the team. Whenever he gets a chance to play he flat out sucks. What did Wiz do to get benched? It can't be solely based on his play because every other O Lineman has shit the bed badly at times this season as well.

7. Brandon Graham - "Nice to see him finally get a sack. He was pretty active today". (Ditto) The pass rush was noticeably better today than last Sunday even without Barnett.

8. Michael Bennett - "Really got jobbed on that call. Not only did he jobbed he got held three other times and no call. Was very active today". (Ditto) I can do without the rolled up jersey sleeves.

9. Troy Aikman - "Can suck my dick". I think Troy's dance card is full what with Joe Buck and all. I agree completely on the swarm of ex-Cowboy's infesting the announcer's booths with their anti Eagles bias. Johnson is the worst and (grudgingly) Romo has grown on me and is the best because he's so 'unscripted'. Aikman is a smug fuck too much of the time. Don't know if Witten has done a Bird's game yet but he's a yapping asshole.

10. Running Backs - Howie the Wizard and Doug share responsibility for letting the Birds go into the season with this crew, every one of which presented real questions.

I think the Birds can make the playoffs because the Division is so crappy. But they won't go anywhere if they do. The biggest problem is the secondary which is unfixable in the short run (during this season)
                Last edited by tinopuno; 10-07-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Very frustrating. As noted, the team is simply not good right now. The biggest issues are plain to see.

The offensive line is not playing well. I think Doug needs to think a bit more about running the football. I also think they miss Blount more than they thought they would. He was good for giving them a spark in the ground game when they needed it. They don't have that right now.

I just don't get the defensive scheme. You play your corners in off coverage a lot of the time, in order not to give up big plays, and you still give up big plays all over the place, along with all the underneath stuff you give up because you're playing off.

And, then there's the mental errors, missed opportunities to make plays, blown assignments, and penalties. Although the roughing call on Bennett was the worst penalty I've ever seen called on anyone in my life.

To add injury to insult, it looked like Sidney Jones might have gotten seriously hurt, does anyone know what the deal is with him?

Comment

I didn't get to see much of the game, but I did see the Thielen catch and run. I did notice also that the Vikes took the underneath stuff a lot in the beginning, as Darby and Mills played so far off the WRs.

At some point, Schwartz has got to believe that moxie can't substitute for a lack of speed/agility. Like Schwartz, I like Mills' playing temperament, but how many times do we have to see this replay? And isn't Darby a speedy cover guy? Maybe he's no good at jamming the WR at the line. Maybe he is, and I just haven't seen it...

Comment

Darby and Mills both make a few good plays every game but they undoubtedly make a few terrible plays
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

No idea what happened to Jones. They did briefly show him walking off the field on his own. Good sign? The way this team racks up injuries I have no idea.

Comment

I liked the way Peters slapped him around Sunday before he picked up a penalty. Yes Mills, we all saw the nice play that you made. Now STFU and go back to the bench like the rest of your teammates did.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I liked the way Peters slapped him around Sunday before he picked up a penalty. Yes Mills, we all saw the nice play that you made. Now STFU and go back to the bench like the rest of your teammates did.

You mean Cox? He was slapped around by Cox?
                            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Yea it was Cox. Mills was on the verge of getting a penalty after the team just stopped the Vikings. I (along with the rest) would have been big time pissed if he got a penalty
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X