O-Line root cause......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Line root cause......

I may have been a year early but I stand by my position that the Eagles need to put more emphasis on the O-Line. My theory then was that Wentz was the future and that we needed to make the O-Line a priority.

Peters is long in tooth and now injury prone.
    We have no LG to speak of.
    Kelce is playing pretty good but needs help.
    Brooks is steady.
    Johnson has dropped off considerably.
    Backups are run of the mill -- Malitia may have some potential.

My theory is that this D can still be good enough IF the O can score some points. Look as bad as the D has been-- they do not and have not given up a ton of points. But the O can't seem to stay on the field and score themselves.

This teams future is still Wentz and this O-L is going to get him killed but also can't stay on the field enough to let the D rest and keep the other team off the field. (one of my reasons for wanting Bell)

I said this before last year and IMM it still applies they need to put/make the O-Line a priority!!!! I really want to be able to watch Wentz for years and years to come.

I agree. Wentz has taken a beating and it will catch up to him if it is allowed to continue. They have to protect him and be more effective in creating holes for the running game. The oline is critical in every aspect of the offense - open holes for the run game and protect the QB for the passing game. Seems pretty obvious but we are atruggling with both right now.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

While I agree MD I don't think anybody thought that the O line would have as many problems as they are having. Who thought that Wiz just fall of the map after the year that he had last season? To add on Seumalo was playing so good I don't think anybody thought that he was just going to shit the bed either yesterday.

Bottom line is that we have to live with what we have for this season but I agree that we have to get some new young talent. I just don't know how fast we can do it.
      Last edited by Eagle60; 10-08-2018, 01:32 PM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree with much of what is said above. I do think play calling is a problem. There is no balance, and we can’t expect OL to pass protect 75 percent of the time.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Don't forget about Pryor in the future (not suggesting this season though). That guy showed some real potential in the preseason and off season. The problem is that he has never played on the left side. And, he needs to keep his weight in check.

Comment

They need to get back to running the ball. The run blocking has been ok. Also whatever happened to throwing where the blitz came from? Play calling and design. The team knows they are going to be getting blitzed. How about making the other team pay a price?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
              I agree with much of what is said above. I do think play calling is a problem. There is no balance, and we can’t expect OL to pass protect 75 percent of the time.
              An unbalanced attack is something you have to live with if you are going to continue to use PTOs. We should probably get away from them even more than we already have, but s long as they allow Wentz to make the play based on what the defense is showing we will probably be pass heavy. With the loss of Ajayi, that isn’t likely to change either.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                An unbalanced attack is something you have to live with if you are going to continue to use PTOs. We should probably get away from them even more than we already have, but s long as they allow Wentz to make the play based on what the defense is showing we will probably be pass heavy. With the loss of Ajayi, that isn’t likely to change either.
                Have we even run an RPO since Wentz came back? If we have the fakes by Carson are lousy. Foles does a lot better with them IMO. Maybe teams are taking away that quick slant that we were running with them most of the time?

That you mentioned balanced attack is all too true. Maybe it's Wentz's fault that he's not reading the pre
                snap correctly and passing too much.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X