Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vindicated? Satisfied? Closure? Taste out of your mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindicated? Satisfied? Closure? Taste out of your mouth?

No not towards A$$hat 81 - but in regards to the NY GIANTS game we threw away?

That game made me ill.

I said that not until we beat SF/GB and then beat Dallas would I be back to normal...well...Did the Dallas game completely remove that memory and taste for you?
    Yes - Feeling Great Again
    0.00%
    No - I want NY in NY...Nothing else...
    100.00%
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

No, that Giants game still leaves a bitter taste and will only be diluted after we beat them in NY...

We should be 5-0 and 2-0 in the division...the team and staff should still be angry about that meltdown and make sure it does not happen again.

Otherwise, yes I am very happy with the team so far considering the new guys getting acclimated, injury issues etc.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Overall - it's the results. I'll go crazy if I keep dwelling on the Giants loss. Keep the blinders on and keep moving forward. I was hoping for 4-1 after 5 games and I have it with relative health (both for me and the Birds). I'll take it and chalk up week 2 as a good learning experience which apparently has taken roots with the squad.

Comment

BTW - I voted yes. I'm in a great place right now with this team mentally...Next week is yet another big avoid the letdown week...

...The only games I see us really struggling to win are JAX and INDY.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

What a game. Great win for you guys.

I'm loving every minute of it, Donnie's my fantasy QB this year.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Nope. I don't think I ever get over it when you let one get away. But life goes on. I just hope it doesn't come back and bite them in the ass later.
            Of course beating them silly in N Jersey will go a long way toward making me feel better even if I don't get over the loss.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
              What a game. Great win for you guys.

I'm loving every minute of it, Donnie's my fantasy QB this year.
              If you have McNabb and aren't leading your league, something's wrong. In my league scoring, he's beating the #2 QB (Peyton) by 50% in points.

Comment

I feel much better. But, I am still not over the way we lost to the Giants.

I had originally hoped that the Eagles would be 4-1 at this point, and they are. But given the way things have turned out, they should be 5-0 and 2-0 in the division.

Comment

I can't believe I picked Edge over Donny Mac.

As for the thread can I select both answers?
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Feel better, it was a gutsy win. Now, to get them healthy and focused on NO............
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Feeling better, but I'm still concerned that it hurts us in any tie-breakers. But last nights win definitely stamped this team as a contender.

By the way, I traded McNabb for LT in my FFL, and I'm really regretting it.
                      It's reminding me of the year that I finally, finally got Marshal Faulk only to see him start his deline.

www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I voted no.

a) I live in NY. Beating the Giants badly and hearing the media cry over it will always have more resonance than even a great hard-fought bitchslapping of Dallas.

b) While I find T.O., Bledsoe, Glenn, and Parcells all loathable, I take comfort that each of them is probably in the last throes of their respective careers. Their days as a threat are numbered and I'm almost 100% confident none of them are going to win a Super Bowl going forward. Whereas Burress, Shockey, Eli, and Coughlin could still annoy me for another 5+ years each.

Comment

I voted no.

That game is there. It cost us a perfect record so far, and until we win the division, it could still hurt us.

I feel better about the team, and feel strongly that they will not let it happen again, but as long as we're in the 2006 regualr season, that game matters, and they should still kick themselves for blowing it.

Comment

ab-so-lutely

its done and the team has played great despite injuries since then.

meanwhile, the rest of the nfc east is looking less-than-spectacular.

the seahawks look un-jugernautish, and we all know the rams aren't foreal, not yet sure what to make of the carolinacats or the falcos but,

there's a definite chance this team may steal that bye after all and who knows from there. can chicago do this all year long?
                            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I can only go by how I felt immediately following the game, and I have to say I felt completely releived and unburdened much more so than a regular season game would induce... So yes, at least for today

Comment

Working...
                              X