Skip Bayless on 1st and 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip Bayless on 1st and 10

I don't know if this is a good thing or not but he's currently creaming his pants over the Birds draft and even Justin Tuck had to agree with him begrudginly. Then Tuck said that he thought Cincy had a great draft. FWIW.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

The bigger question might be--- Who thouhgt the Eagles had a bad draft?

Comment

Aparently the panel at NFLN. Seemed they were all poo pooing the Maclin pick when we made it. Don't know who was watching that, but I think I still have it on my DVR. Keyshawn was one of them, LOL!!!
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I could have sworn that Mayock really liked the Maclin pick.
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Haven't heard anybody think the Maclin pick at 19 wasn't a great pick--- NFLN missed him and forgot he was still available and thus were "surprised" by the pick, but nobody panned it, from what I remember.

Comment

Mayock and Gruden really liked the Eagle's draft. I didn't hear any negative comments at all but I didn't stay glued to the coverage either.

Comment

Gruden liked everybody's draft. He needs to take off the coach hat if he wants to be a commentator.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I missed most of the day working. So I went and backed up on the DVR to watch the periods where we were making our selections. When Maclin was selected, the panel was questioning why we did that since it wasn't our biggest NEED, and if we ad wanted to use our 1st on a WR, why not just grab Boldin. THere was talk about Maclin not being a polished and ready performer. As I watched later sections of the draft, and the picks piled up, it seemed everyone and their brother was lauding the Eagles for their selections. By the end of the draft, it seemed unanimous that we had gotten a nice haul.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Key was on NLFN and ESPN?

I think it was clear Maclin was not the Eagles target in the 1st, but when he started to drop they seized the chance to get someone of his talent and moved up to get it done.

No team was willing to give AZ a 1st for Boldin and supposedly there were at least 5-6 teams involved in discussions with them---AZ did not want to trade him and why would they? He gives them the best WR corps in the NFC and their offense, especially the pass game, is the only way they are winning 10+ games. If a team was willing to way overpay, they may have considered it...
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post

I think it was clear Maclin was not the Eagles target in the 1st, but when he started to drop they seized the chance to get someone of his talent and moved up to get it done.

No team was willing to give AZ a 1st for Boldin and supposedly there were at least 5-6 teams involved in discussions with them---AZ did not want to trade him and why would they? He gives them the best WR corps in the NFC and their offense, especially the pass game, is the only way they are winning 10+ games. If a team was willing to way overpay, they may have considered it...

Makes you kinda wonder who they were going after then if Maclin wasn't there... Pettigrew? Davis? I dunno... it certainly would have made our draft a bit different though.

Comment

I would guess one or several of Moreno, Crabtree, Monroe, Smith, Orakpo, Jackson etc. Orakpo went #11 and Moreno went #12. I think at that point everyone was gone and the Eagles started considering either moving down or grabbing Brown/Pettigrew...then Maclin began to drop and they realized he was the BPA by far and would help their offense.
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Prisco on the radio today gave the Eagles kudos for their draft. He included the acquisition of Peters and Hobbs which he roundly applauded, as well as the selections of Maclin, McCoy, and Ingram.

McShay (ESPN) also said he liked the Eagles draft haul.

Comment

I personally am tiring already about this constant Boldin stuff.

After listening to Reid and reading the comments about gm's not even being able to reach the cards concerning AB, I'm convinced that they did not want to trade him and therefore was not really available. They told him they would listen to offers but since nobody stepped up with 3 first rounders, oh well, you're still here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post

I'm not sure about that at all VFK. I think the problem was nobody want to pay him!! He's wants a new contract. Who wants to shell out that kind of dough? You're talking about a $50 million contract.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Probably was ESPN, Vote. I dunno. As I said, I wasn't home. The wife recorded draft coverage for me (ain't she great?!?!) and I didn't note the network.

Comment

Working...
                              X