No announcement yet.

# Rumors: Eagles considering Warrick Dunn Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what Football Outsiders said about Westbrook's health in this year's book:

Brian Westbrook -- "Simply put, there’s not enough cartilage left in Westbrook’s knee ... About the only option the Eagles would have left would be Synvisc injections, the same treatment Randy Johnson uses to keep his knees lubricated. That’s Westbrook’s last resort, and honestly, it’s not that far away from coming into play."
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      Here's what Football Outsiders said about Westbrook's health in this year's book:

Brian Westbrook -- "Simply put, there’s not enough cartilage left in Westbrook’s knee ... About the only option the Eagles would have left would be Synvisc injections, the same treatment Randy Johnson uses to keep his knees lubricated. That’s Westbrook’s last resort, and honestly, it’s not that far away from coming into play."
      Not questioning you LT, but how would anybody know this? Damn, everyday that goes by I dislike the media more and more.

And it's contrary to what we have been told by Burkholder.

Again I'll wait to worry until there is actually something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Not questioning you LT, but how would anybody know this? Damn, everyday that goes by I dislike the media more and more.

And it's contrary to what we have been told by Burkholder.

Again I'll wait to worry until there is actually something to worry about.

It's Football Outsiders, they are very respected. But I don't know where the truth lies.

However, I don't recall Burkholder ever saying Westbrook has a good working knee. If anything, I've heard Big Red say on a number of occasions that Westbrook had the knee issue coming out of college, that's why he got knocked down on some draft boards.

Clearly, it was a potentially career-shortening knee issue coming out of college. Considering all of his prior knee issues, including the extensive week-to-week management of the knee during the season, as well as the past whispers of needing microfracture surgery, it hardly seems like a stretch to suggest this.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Burkholder was quoted as saying that after these operations Westy would be healthier (paraphrasing) then he has been in years.

Originally posted by BURKHOLDER
          "He and I have worked closely together. We're actually looking forward to working with each other while everyone else is away to get him in great shape. I don't foresee it as a problem. I think that he's going to come back in better shape. A little bit of ego involved, I think, because he gets to work with me straight through the summer which we haven't had a chance [to do] before. We've only worked through June and then he's been off for the summer so I'm looking forward to it. I think he's going to come to training camp in the best shape of his life."
          This was after the 2nd surgery, FWIW.

Look I'm not saying they are wrong, but I get cynical when there isn't a source or any other information out there that corroborates the story. Until I hear something else I'll err on the side of the -- "it's the media being the media". "Irregardless" ( )of the outlet--- they are all driven by something other than informing the public with facts.
          Last edited by MDFAN; 07-14-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Burkholder made a comment a month of so ago expecting Westy to be , after this procedure and rehab, in the best shape of his career....which I called BULLSHIT at the time. And I still think so. Honestly I am just hoping that he can be serviceable/good and make it thru a long season upright. I'm not expecting miracles.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Hmm, who do I trust more Burkholder or Fresh.

Burkholder who is there, worked with him, is in the medical field and is around the team and the player every day or Fresh and his "gut".

Sorry and no offense but I think I'll stick with door "A" until something happens to make me think otherwise.

Now, do I take the "best shape of his life" thing as fact or even realistic based on his age, of course not--- but I'm looking forward (until something changes) to Westy being the Westy of several years ago and not the Westy of last year.

Comment

LOL! Correction. Thank you MD, the exact quote was best shape of his LIFE!!!!

Damn my poor memory......
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Was never trying to correct your quote, means virtually the same thing. Hell I even got it wrong in my paraphrase..... but none of that was the point.

Comment

I'm not bashing you MD, I was simply shocked that my memory was even that close to reality.

Comment

Gotcha, it was pretty close btw.

Sorry you think he is lying or wrong.

Comment

Lying might be a strong word here. Overly optimistic, perhaps?

Yes I rely on my gut sometimes. And my gut in this case was screamin.......are you expecting me to buy that???????

Comment

Half full --- half empty---- no more reason to choose one over the other,,,,,, unless there are some other facts that I don't know about.

Comment

The other facts that you might want to consider are Westy's injury history, including last season of course. And the rarity of similarly aged, similarly injury prone RBs around the league making significant come backs in their production. Possible? Yes. But generally as RBs begin to slide down that hill, it is a quick descent.

Comment

Same news conference... "On why he thinks running backs encounter problems later in their careers:

"I don't think that's true. I think that you are going to find running backs that play a long time and running backs that don't play a long time. And that's a hard generalization to make, especially with the number of running backs that we've had here that played for a while. I wouldn't even venture to look at that. I don't think there are numbers on it or anything like that that are real scientific."

Comment

Yep, I remember that.

Did you buy that one, too?

Comment

Working...
                                X