No announcement yet.

#5 Sez-- "this is a SB team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will do the prediction thread in a couple more weeks....I'm sure we will see the familiar 19 and 0 in there.

Comment

I can buy DMac saying what he said a hell of a lot easier than I can buy Favre saying that this is the most talented GB team he has ever played on.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
        Around the Horn pretty much ripped on McNabb. Only Addande gave McNabb any credit

what shocked me is how many of them said the Eagles have no shot in a division with studs like the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins.

wha? The only reason the Skins broke their godawful no playoff streak and the Giants made the playoffs were our injuries last year.

You expect the media to be more knowledgeable...but still all I hear is the loss of TO. Very rarely a mention of McNabb and Akers coming back.

I can't wait for this season to start!
        I saw that, too and thought the same thing...they should look at the Carolina Panthers...they lost the superbowl, lost the next season to injuries and were back on top again last year. They may want the Eagles to go away, but "you tell 'em I'm coming, and I'm bringin' Hell with me!"

Im so f'in' fired up...come on September!!

Comment

Well, even if MDFAN isn't with McNabb (j/k), the rest of the team is:

Eagles Notes | McNabb's teammates back his Super Bowl prediction

Eagles Notes

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Donovan McNabb saw a trip to Miami for Super Bowl XLI in his crystal ball on Monday.

His Eagles teammates said yesterday that they'd love to take the ride with him.

"He can predict anything he wants," Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan said. "He's the one who is going to lead us there. If I don't think I can win the Super Bowl, I might as well quit today because it doesn't feel too good."

Safety Brian Dawkins agreed that there should be only one mind-set for every NFL player at the start of a season.

"If I'm thinking that and then Donovan says that, then we basically are on the same page," Dawkins said. "When the leader of this team is saying we are going to the Super Bowl, then whoever I am on this team, if I'm thinking that, then we are headed in the right direction. That's no different than any other year, even last year, of what we expected of ourselves."

Eagles coach Andy Reid said he did not mind at all that his quarterback was making a bold prediction a month before the start of the regular season.

"Good for him," Reid said after practice yesterday. "I think he feels confident, and when your quarterback feels confident, that's a great thing."

Guard Shawn Andrews parroted McNabb's prediction.

"Everybody says we have this guy out, that guy out, and that is a factor," Andrews said. "But you take away the injury factor and it's going to be a great year. I see us at the Super Bowl in Miami. It's highly possible and I don't want to jump the gun. But I see the Super Bowl-caliber team we had a couple of years ago."

Hood hurt

Cornerback Roderick Hood injured his left foot during the morning practice yesterday and did not practice in the afternoon. That was the only new injury to report as the Eagles worked out in shorts and did not have any contact during either practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm sure I'll get bashed with the "people are going to criticize McNabb no matter WHAT he says". But.....

I wish McNabb had not mouthed off like that. We were positioned right where I liked it. No one had us even on their radar, for the most part. We were "flying below the radar", so to speak. Fine, leave it that way. Say nothing, just let your talking be done on the field.

But hey, not a big deal. I'm glad he's confident.

I guess I'm using my Poker mentality. You may think you've got a damned good hand, just don't give any tells.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"He can predict anything he wants," Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan said. "He's the one who is going to lead us there. If I don't think I can win the Super Bowl, I might as well quit today because it doesn't feel too good."

Safety Brian Dawkins agreed that there should be only one mind-set for every NFL player at the start of a season.

"If I'm thinking that and then Donovan says that, then we basically are on the same page," Dawkins said. "When the leader of this team is saying we are going to the Super Bowl, then whoever I am on this team, if I'm thinking that, then we are headed in the right direction. That's no different than any other year, even last year, of what we expected of ourselves."

Sorta proves the point, IMO, that the "prediction" was for the team, for the young guys, for the attitude, for mental health.

Every team SHOULD think they are a SB team at this time of year, or why bother to handle 2 a days.

But, nobody knows who is and who isn't a SB caliber team (and that goes for the Steelers and the Seahawks as well) till the final 53's are ready and some real football is played, IMLOHO. (in my little ol humble opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                Originally posted by J-Bird
                EB is convinced that this is the year for the Birds in Miami but I'm still not so sure.Are they a solid club? Sure they are but alot of things have to go way this year(health most important),get a few bounces our way,and who knows?I see this Club going 10-6 and making the playoffs.Once there,they've got a shot at making it to the SB and I'd be ecstatic.

The early hype in August is premature but with a Club this young it's important for guys like McNabb,Trot,& Dawk to instill confidence in the youngbloods.If you think you can win,good things happen.
                Ahhh, the wisdom that comes with age!!!!!!!
                And to think, I was under the impression that the BS just becomes more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack
                  Originally posted by MDFAN
                  Originally posted by J-Bird
                  EB is convinced that this is the year for the Birds in Miami but I'm still not so sure.Are they a solid club? Sure they are but alot of things have to go way this year(health most important),get a few bounces our way,and who knows?I see this Club going 10-6 and making the playoffs.Once there,they've got a shot at making it to the SB and I'd be ecstatic.

The early hype in August is premature but with a Club this young it's important for guys like McNabb,Trot,& Dawk to instill confidence in the youngbloods.If you think you can win,good things happen.
                  Ahhh, the wisdom that comes with age!!!!!!!
                  And to think, I was under the impression that the BS just becomes more polished.
                  Well that too!!!!!!

Comment

[quote="FRESH"]I wish McNabb had not mouthed off like that. We were positioned right where I liked it. No one had us even on their radar, for the most part. We were "flying below the radar", so to speak. Fine, leave it that way. Say nothing, just let your talking be done on the field.quote]

and you think his talk changed anything? the media is still giving us little to no chance. Some mocking McNabb for believing they have SB talent.

if anything...his saying it and the media's reactions tells you exactly how the whole team is feeling.

disrespected.

so talk will never bother me. Now if the media starts drooling on the Eagles and expecting them to be the faves in the NFC....then I'll worry along with you.

Right now I am loving this disrespect thing. The players are PO'd about it and will be out to prove a point

Comment

Granted, it's a thin line when someone of his stature makes a borderline bragadocious statement to the media, knowing that it will be bandied about against him later.
                      But it's 100% what WE needed to hear and 100% what the rest of the players needed to hear. and it also happens to be 100% true.

It sets the stage mentaly back to where we were pre TO.

If it creates some synicism in the media that will aid the under dog mentality.. If people start jumping on the band wagon again then that's ok too.
                      I see his comments overall as having a greater potential to have a more postive effect than a negative one.. So that's a good thing.

Comment

PS--BTW-FWIW-- good debate guys!

Comment

Good?????

Nobody's called anyone a fucking moron yet!?!
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                            Good?????

That is exactly what I like about this board!!

We can debate from differing and conflicting perspectives or even from shared perspectives with slightly different slants, and no one feels that they need to insult another poster to make their point.

I agree MDFan, GOOD debate by Eagle fans only

Comment

Good?????

That's correct my man........ Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              You f'ing moron! LMRAO!

Seriously, ED hits the nail on the head.

Comment

Good?????

MORON!

Comment

Working...
                                X