• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins are loading up for our rematch!

Former Eagles first round pick signs with Redskins
    He’s back in the NFL.
    By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Dec 5, 2018, 6:58am EST

Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
    Former Philadelphia Eagles defensive end/outside linebacker Marcus Smith is back in the NFL. The 2014 first-round pick has reportedly signed with the Washington Redskins, who need some depth with Ryan Anderson getting injured.

The Seattle Seahawks released Smith back in August. At the time, there was talk that the 26-year-old Smith was leaning towards retirement after just four years in the league.

Smith has played in 51 games (zero starts) since originally being drafted by Philadelphia. He’s logged 20 tackles, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, and one pass deflection in that span. Obviously not the kind of production you ideally want from a Day 1 pick.

The Eagles released Smith during the 2017 offseason. He then spent a season in Seattle after signing with the Seahawks. Now he’ll get a shot to prove himself in Washington.

Assuming he sticks on the roster, Smith will face off against his former team in Week 17 this year when the Eagles travel to FedEx Field to play Washington
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Omg, how the hell is this guy still bouncing around. He was a colossal failure, and defines the word bust.

But, by all means Coach Gruden, bring him in.

Comment

I had no idea he was still in the league. It should be sacrileges to talk about Mamula being a bust when this guy is a bigger bust than most I have seen in the cheerleader thread
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Actually just read of another first round bust from that draft. The Bills cut ties with Kelvin Benjamin. Thought he was going to be a stud. Must have a stud for a brain.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          I had no idea he was still in the league. It should be sacrileges to talk about Mamula being a bust when this guy is a bigger bust than most I have seen in the cheerleader thread

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The Skins are down a couple starting linemen as well aren't they.

Maybe they can sign this very special Bird's 1st rounder. Word is he's getting bored blowing other guys at the Fire House.

Comment

Working...
            X