Golden Tate-Panic move by Howie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Tate-Panic move by Howie?

Sure Tate has been a great player but to tell you the truth at this point in his career I really think that Aggie gives you more. If we couldn't get some defensive help we just should have stood pat. I think that the move only showed that the Birds were trying to get better and signed a big name player who was not really needed at a pretty high price.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

eh. I think they still thought the season could be turned around when they made the move. I wasn't big on it at the time but I could see their point. Still not big on it since he and Agholor seem to be jammed up in the same role. Personally, I would rather see them keep Agholor and let Tate go in the off season. A speedy receiver will just open things up more for Aggy and he knows the system so very well. Maybe you get a 4th for Tate in compensation maybe you get a 5th. Get what you can and move forward.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Offensive league.
      Offensive league.
      Offensive league.
      Offensive league.
      I have always loved and hated Tate, ,,,,,,, good player, good talent...... hate his school and teams he played for.

This team does need some D help..... the league is a high scoring max Offense league. I keep him if we can. And yes keep Aggie also... talent talent talent.

Comment

I liked the move at the time and I still like the move. Its seems our new OC doesn't know how to get these guys in position to succeed. No fault of Howie or Tate. Maybe a better OC will figure how to use Aggie, Tate, Jeffery and the others. It seems only Ertz thrives in this offense.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
          I liked the move at the time and I still like the move. Its seems our new OC doesn't know how to get these guys in position to succeed. No fault of Howie or Tate. Maybe a better OC will figure how to use Aggie, Tate, Jeffery and the others. It seems only Ertz thrives in this offense.
          Hey, I liked it too when we got another weapon Rob. It's just that he got the wrong weapon and paid too much for it. We needed help on the other side of the ball.

Comment

I don't think aggie and Tate are fighting for snaps with each other. I think more talent is better and Tate has talent. I just don't think there is any comfort from Wentz. Jeffrey, Tate, Agholor and Ertz is a pretty good lineup. A lot better than Jeffrey Tate Ertz and Matthews.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
              I don't think aggie and Tate are fighting for snaps with each other. I think more talent is better and Tate has talent. I just don't think there is any comfort from Wentz. Jeffrey, Tate, Agholor and Ertz is a pretty good lineup. A lot better than Jeffrey Tate Ertz and Matthews.
              I really think that we were better off with Matthews playing wr and Aggie in the slot to tell you the truth Vet. Aggie is faster than Tate. Now the are playing Aggie at wr when Tate is in the game and we all know that he's just not affective split out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                Bingo! And I would like Matthews coming off the bench.

Comment

Tate adds talent, but he doesn't give them what they need. They need a burner who can provide vertical stretch. Tate is not that guy. He's a slot guy who is good at RACs. I don't think it was a panic move, but I don't think it was a great trade. If they could get either Wallace or Hollins back, I think that would help more.

Comment

He may not be doing what we expected, but they will figure out whether or not they like him. It cost a pick, but they didn't sign him to a monster , back breaking deal .
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Talent talent talent...... it’s up to the organization to use that talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        Tate adds talent, but he doesn't give them what they need. They need a burner who can provide vertical stretch. Tate is not that guy. He's a slot guy who is good at RACs. I don't think it was a panic move, but I don't think it was a great trade. If they could get either Wallace or Hollins back, I think that would help more.
                        That's what I was getting at too EB but I guess that it went over everybody's head. Aggie is pretty much wasted as a wideout. For the life of me I don't know why they just don't put Gibson out there and send him deep to open things up. Tate's a baller for sure but he's not really been any kind of asset to us. To me it was just a move to show people that they were going all in again when they couldn't land any defensive talent. Howie just couldn't resist making a move so he pulled the trigger. He's got to be more disciplined than that. He had to have the balls to say that "there wasn't anybody out there to help our team now so we should not jeopardise our future".

Comment

Working...
                        X