No announcement yet.

Big Balls Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there's a very fine line between being aggressive, and being stupid.

I thought they should have kicked the FG in the first half. Take the points. Yea, it's against Sanchez, and you figure your defense will hold them and you'll get field position. I get that. But, I still would have taken the points there.

I'm O.K. with going for two.

And, who you're playing should definitely factor into it.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      I'm ok with the decisions, just don't like the 4th down call.
      Exactly, a running play to the one gap when you haven’t been able to run the ball all season let alone in the game did not seem like a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        I think there's a very fine line between being aggressive, and being stupid.

I thought they should have kicked the FG in the first half. Take the points. Yea, it's against Sanchez, and you figure your defense will hold them and you'll get field position. I get that. But, I still would have taken the points there.

I'm O.K. with going for two.

And, who you're playing should definitely factor into it.

Underestimating an opponent is one of the things that can get you beat Bro.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I love the 2 point conversion. Why? It makes it a two score game and Washington HAS to put the ball in Sanchez' hands. If it is a one score game, we probably see a heavy does of Peterson. Two scores and now we have Washington's fate in the hands of someone who was picked off the street two weeks ago.

Comment

Why wasn't AP in there ? He vanished after the 90 yd run. Understand he's not a pass catching threat, but give him the ball and take the pressure off Sanchez. I still think the 90 yd run was a fluke, right play against that D and a missed hold
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
              Exactly, a running play to the one gap when you haven’t been able to run the ball all season let alone in the game did not seem like a wise decision.
              While I wasn't a real fan of the play call--- any chance it had was gone as soon as some one let the Skins go untouched. Just real bad execution and not so great play call.

I start to get excited cause I think they could have scored 42... but then I get reminded that it was a very depleted Skins team and we still DIDN'T score the 42.

Comment

I think the Skins are pretty healthy on defense I liked the fact they could move the ball on them with ease. But 3rd and 4 with all the momentum going your way and you run Sproles into the middle of the line was dumb! 4th and goal and you take a time out to run Adams up the middle with no Ertz nor anyone blocking the end was even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  I think the Skins are pretty healthy on defense I liked the fact they could move the ball on them with ease. But 3rd and 4 with all the momentum going your way and you run Sproles into the middle of the line was dumb! 4th and goal and you take a time out to run Adams up the middle with no Ertz nor anyone blocking the end was even worse!
                  It was poor design. You either have to block the corner or have the rb line up closer to the LOS. I saw the Pats line up with a fb twice in their last game and give it to him for easy scores both times because it's a quick hitter. I don't know why more teams don't use fbs on the goal line.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    It was poor design. You either have to block the corner or have the rb line up closer to the LOS. I saw the Pats line up with a fb twice in their last game and give it to him for easy scores both times because it's a quick hitter. I don't know why more teams don't use fbs on the goal line.
                    The position of fullback has been replaced by either a TE or an additional WR on teams.

They should’ve used Malaita as a FB

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                      The position of fullback has been replaced by either a TE or an additional WR on teams.

They should’ve used Malaita as a FB
                      Yes or even an O-Lineman

Comment

or run a QB sneak. That Adams stuff works when out on the 20 when the D is a little spread out but on the goal line it didn't stand a chance with Adams running the ball
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X