Marion Barber to be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Barber to be Released

Dallas has major cap issues with the new setup. Word is that he will be released.

I believe he still has tread left and could be a great pairing with McCoy.

Would you want him?

Marion Barber, Cowboys RB: He was as good as gone, even before the team drafted DeMarco Murray in the third round. It was a great run in Dallas. Barber could make for an interesting backup if he could stay healthy.
    Yes - Great Idea!
    33.33%
    No - Let's go for B-West
    33.33%
    No - Dallas Sucks
    33.33%
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    Dallas has major cap issues with the new setup. Word is that he will be released.

I believe he still has tread left and could be a great pairing with McCoy.

Would you want him?

Marion Barber, Cowboys RB: He was as good as gone, even before the team drafted DeMarco Murray in the third round. It was a great run in Dallas. Barber could make for an interesting backup if he could stay healthy.
    I doubt that he would want to come to Philly for 3 carries a game.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If he wants to come here I'd love to see the Eagles grab him. At 28 he's still on the right side of 30 -- especially for a RB! 2-3 year deal would be just about right for him and for us!!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

7/31/11 and last update since we now no longer care...

Bears signed RB Marion Barber to a two-year, $5 million contract.

Increasingly injury prone, Barber has averaged just 3.9 yards per carry over the past two seasons. Of course, that's 1.5 more than Chester Taylor during his disastrous first season in Chicago. Barber is capable of spelling Matt Forte on some passing downs, but the Bears are kidding themselves if they think he's worthy of change-of-pace carries. Taylor is in serious danger of being cut.

Comment

Working...
        X