No announcement yet.

Johnson WTF?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that is my thought. If it is taking this long there has to be some question as to the test or the sample or the NFL listing of supplements or something that they think could go his way. Or maybe they are waiting on their law firm to say whether or not this constitutes a second failure. Either way I think this has to be something in Lane's favor
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
      Yea that is my thought. If it is taking this long there has to be some question as to the test or the sample or the NFL listing of supplements or something that they think could go his way. Or maybe they are waiting on their law firm to say whether or not this constitutes a second failure. Either way I think this has to be something in Lane's favor
      This would be too fortunate for us. Luck does not usually shine on the Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
        Unless they are lying about how long it takes for sample results to be returned, I don't think this is the case. They said it takes 4 weeks. We're right at the 4 week mark. Even Lane Johnson said right from the beginning that the results of the B-sample probably wouldn't be announced until right before the start of the season.

The A-sample took 4 weeks as well from what I understand, and then took even longer for anyone to find out about it.

Comment

Listening to Hollis Thomas, who has been thru the process, Lane will likely receive notice about the B sample in the next few weeks. Then Lane will have a set amount of time to appeal, then the appeal will be reviewed.....and ultimately we will be looking at mid to latter season before his suspension will take place. It just seems slow because Lane opened up his mouth about it.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            Listening to Hollis Thomas, who has been thru the process, Lane will likely receive notice about the B sample in the next few weeks. Then Lane will have a set amount of time to appeal, then the appeal will be reviewed.....and ultimately we will be looking at mid to latter season before his suspension will take place. It just seems slow because Lane opened up his mouth about it.
            Well why isn't he in the starting lineup then????
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

watching one of the Comcast shows the other night and Reuben Frank said that it would be better for them to let all the other guys work together and be prepared for the loss of Johnson than to hope for the best and get the worst and then move everyone around
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                watching one of the Comcast shows the other night and Reuben Frank said that it would be better for them to let all the other guys work together and be prepared for the loss of Johnson than to hope for the best and get the worst and then move everyone around
                If he's not going to get suspended for awhile he'll be starting against Cleveland right?

Comment

they are talking like they have already lost him and are not about to mess with the lineup. They said they are running him with the second team. I don't think they will mess with the continuity for the few games he MIGHT be able to play. I actually think it's smarter to get the others working as a unit. Pretty ballsy move by Doug
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

MM, I'm responding to what Fresh posted:

If this is true shouldn't Johnson be with the first team???

Comment

IMO no, if it's gonna happen, go with his replacements and let them grow together. I believe and I think you do too, that continuity is critical to the line. I don't envision them going to the SB, but I want them working at the top of their capabilities while protecting the QBs. Be that Bradford , Daniel or Wentz. I want Bradford healthy and the unit doing well so we might get something of value for him and I don't want Wentz beaten and battered once he gets his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        MM, I'm responding to what Fresh posted:

If this is true shouldn't Johnson be with the first team???
                        It's an impossible situation for Dougie, because enough don't know for certain what is going to happen. Heck, I just don't know what the right answer is.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Eagles Wake-Up Call: Lane Johnson Set To Start

Doug Pederson discussed the status of his $60 million right tackle.

By Josh Paunil | September 2, 2016 at 6:00 am

)

More than three weeks after news leaked about Lane Johnson’s failed drug test, the Eagles are still in limbo as they enter the regular season unsure of when their $60 million right tackle may or may not be suspended.

Even if Johnson’s 10-game ban comes down in the next week before the Eagles host the Browns, the appeals process could take weeks, further complicating who will compose the starting offensive line. Amid the uncertainty, Doug Pederson has decided to take a rather simple approach.

“Until I get further word from the league office, he goes in as my starting right tackle,” Pederson said after the Eagles’ 14-6 win over the Jets.

Johnson described last week how he’s getting “more pissed off each day” as no end is in sight for him, and he also explained how he didn’t know what grounds he would appeal on yet because his camp wanted to see what the NFL’s ruling would be first.

Like Johnson, Pederson doesn’t know whether he’ll hear about the 26-year-old’s status before final cuts must be made.

“You know what, if I haven’t heard now — it may not be in the next couple days,” Pederson said. “I don’t know that. I’m not going to speculate. That’s why we did what we did during training camp with the [alternate] plans and the [use of] different guys, just so we’d be prepared for this situation. Going forward, he [Johnson] goes in as our right tackle and we’ll move Allen [Barbre] back to left guard.”

However, if Johnson does eventually miss most of the season, Pederson hasn’t finalized who would start at left guard as Barbre would shift to right tackle. Isaac Seumalo appears to have the edge in that competition, but Stefen Wisniewski played significantly better in Week 3 of the preseason than Seumalo did in Weeks 1 and 2; Seumalo has also been hindered by a pectoral injury.

Regardless of how the starting lineup shakes out, the Eagles’ communication and chemistry up front could suffer because of the lack of continuity. Johnson hasn’t taken first-team offensive line reps in practice in almost four weeks, and he has only played three snaps with the starters during the preseason.

Jason Kelce recently described how it’s difficult to execute combo-blocks with other linemen when they have little experience with each other, which is what the Eagles will likely experience as Brandon Brooks settles in at right guard and Seumalo or Wisniewski takes over at some point in the season at left guard.

“It is tough. It is tough,” Pederson said. “You would like to know one way or the other, whether or not you get the exemption spot and things like that. It could be difficult. It could be a little challenging. But you know, I’m not going to let that bother our football team. I’m not going to let that bother us and we’re going to get ready for Cleveland.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...P8vgZsItAeR.99

Comment

"Johnson hasn’t taken first-team offensive line reps in practice in almost four weeks"

Huh????? I did not know this.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                              "Johnson hasn’t taken first-team offensive line reps in practice in almost four weeks"

Huh????? I did not know this.
                              Sounds pretty dumb right?. The league is really hurting them by not commenting or Doug is just unfamiliar as to what goes on in these situations. It seems to me Howie should know what the process is..

Comment

Working...
                              X