Rob Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Thomas

there's an article in GQ this month written by Rob Thomas wondering why everyone hates him. According to him, he only writes the type of music he wants to hear on the radio.

Well, Rob, people hate you because you do/allow "special performances" in the middle of NBA games. How about you stop being such a sellout bitch.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

I'm assuming Rob Thomas is the guy that sings that shitty song they play every other stopage? Is he actually popular? I hadn't heard of him before, but I haven't turned on the radio in a while either.

Comment

"this is how a heart breaks!"

he is the lead singer of Matchbox Twenty.

Comment

Who decided that that is the only song that they play at the breaks? Terrible.
        I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Yeah, why couldn't they get a good hip-hop band (i.e. not G-unit crap or anything like that) like the Roots or something to play?

Comment

between Rob Thomas and Black Eyed Peas last year, you'd think the programming folks at NBA/ABC/Disney were retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
              between Rob Thomas and Black Eyed Peas last year, you'd think the programming folks at NBA/ABC/Disney were retards.
              I agree, but my opinion on the subject isn't really valid. I don't like hardly any popular music these days. Guess I just don't know what's good!

Comment

I was of the opinion that all music these days is overhyped crap created by record execs and their idea of what sells records. However, there have been three great albums put out this year: Beck's Guero, Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams, and Gorillaz's Demon Days.
                I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

The Jack Johnson album didn't do much for me, but I agree with the other two. Other good stuff from this year: Bloc Party - Silent Alarm, Doves - Some Cities, Spoon - Gimme Fiction, Brendan Benson - The Alternative to Love and M.I.A. - Arular.

Comment

I realize it falls under commercial crap but the new coldplay is really good.

the new White Stripes is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                    X