Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we now the Favorites to win the NFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we now the Favorites to win the NFC?

What team is better than us if we sign DJ?

There's a glaring hole at LB but other than that, this team is stacked.

GB will still be the favorite at the beginning of the season......but we could unseat them if we get off to a hot start.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Stacked but with a ton of questions.

Teams figured out an effective approach against Vick last year. Can the team adjust? And if not (or injured), I have absolutely *no* idea what to expect from his backup.

Is the OL fixed? Never know with rookies until you see them on the field, Jackson has not really played in two years, and Justice is not fully healed yet. It certainly has the potential of being a lot better (I think Jackson's injuries have basically ruined Reid's plans for the line two years in a row), but there is a fair amount of uncertainty. But a better line will help a ton, and probably help Vick as well (see the first point).

We have a very inexperienced defensive coordinator (thankfully, he's being given more talent than his predecessor). But it's always possible he will not be up to the job, and get his clock cleaned by opposing offensive coordinators. It could be a learning process for him too. Plus, there is a very short off-season to implement all the changes. Only time will tell how that goes.

It certainly feels that Washburn will get the DL playing a lot better than it used to, and will pressure the QB quite a bit more. But that may leave more work for the LBs, and... yeah. They could easily bring in more experienced players later in camp, but for now the lack of experience in that unit is hard to ignore. They could be really good players, but that could also blow up in spectacular fashion.

Safety is also full of young players, but Allen and Jarrett were higher draft picks, and Allen did start most of the year. Plus Marlin Jackson may be back. And if we keep three CBs there may be less they have to do on the field. So... while questions, I'm not sure I'm deeply concerned there.

The offense still has to figure out how to score in the red zone. I really have no idea what the real issues there were, but someone has to fix that, and the personnel won't be changing that much there presumably. Maybe they can get gimmicky with Vince Young.

While I'm obviously excited, and this could be a really good team, there are legitimate scenarios (plus the ever-present injury threat) where we may actually not be a great team. It may well be that we struggle early in the year to put everything together, and that may cost some wins. Going to be an interesting year, as several teams may struggle more early in the year than usual.

Comment

I agree with FO (hmmm, sounds familiar)

Still alot of questions and things that need to happen. We are definitely offf to a very good start though
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I want to be the favorite at the END of The Season
          Never look back, something might be gaining on you!

Comment

Do you mean right now or do you mean after 2 of our 3 Pro Bowl corners blow out their ACLs, Maclin retires after being diagnosed with a brain cloud, Nate Allen breaks his other knee cap, both Vick and Young snap their throwing hand thumbs in a preseason high five, and Jenkins gets suspended for 8 games after he grazes Tony Romo's helmet with his pinky finger in week 5.

I'm an Eagles fan and I know how our luck is.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

AW, we are due for a change of luck. Maybe it will happen this year. Or with our luck, 2095? LOL

Comment

Just say no to negative vibes
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                X