No announcement yet.

Reports in Dallas: TO tried to commit suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy really surrounds himself with bad people which is probably why he is in this position today. You don't think an agent or publicist that had some sort of inkling of the guy's mindset wouldn't be following him around day and night and getting him help before now?

Comment

I think we're going to see a bunch of cardboard pill bottles and stuff at the Linc.

Comment

Ed Werder on Cold Pizza...

High ranking people with PHI and SF were so concerned with his extreme behavior that they suggested he needed mental health help. He became angry and denied he needed help. Jerry Jones did not feel that way.

Mort also mentioned earlier today that SanFran and PHI people told him that they believed TO needed mental health assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
          I think we're going to see a bunch of cardboard pill bottles and stuff at the Linc.
          God, I hope not. I hope that even the worst rabid WIP-worshipping Dallas-hating Philly fan has some class and respect.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
            Aren't most failed suicide attempts done for attention? I hope this doesn't offend anyone but my impression is that anyone who tries to commit suicide but let's someone know in advance that they are doing it is reaching out for help. Whether the attention is to say "I have a problem and need help and I'm bringing it to your attention" or "Hey, I'm here, please take care of me" - it's still to bring attention to you and/or an issue.
            I have to agree with your assesment of this situation.

Let's face it, people who truly want to kill themselves... do.

That being said, he's finally made it very clear to the world that he has serious mental health issues and hopefully he can have them addressed.

I don't like the guy, but I don't want to see him kill himself either.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
              Originally posted by EFD
              God, I hope not. I hope that even the worst rabid WIP-worshipping Dallas-hating Philly fan has some class and respect.
              I agree. If TO plays against us now, it is setting up the perfect situation for a new Philly legend to replace even the Santa snowball incident.

If one fan does this, the national media will make it look like the whole city was behind it.

Comment

Yup, we have to hope that TO does not make the trip to the Linc or that security will get rid of all that stuff. As much as I dislike the player that type of behavior no matter how isolated, will get immense media attention.

I am sure that the WIP crowd will be in a frenzy of idiocy.

Comment

Let's hope the Philly fans have a little more class than that.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's inevitable. I mean, if there were assholes taking shots at Jurevicius about his kid, there will be assholes lining up for this.

Terrible.

What a weird situation. I hope he gets his shit together.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                      We do have class- We've done some crappy things before- But we would never ever bring something down on somebody that is mentally ill- And TO is mentally ill. Hugh even said on Angelo last year that the guy needed help upstairs. NOW... Now if he played us all on this- Then look out! EverReady D's will be a flying!
                      http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Uhh, OK

I remember when Michael Irvin was prone on the carpet on the Vet. It was embarassing to be associated with the fans cheering his injury. FWIW Philadelphia has received a lot of bad press because a number of their fans are jerks.

Comment

Shockingly the most classless responses I have read have been on Redskin and Giant MBs where numerous people have wished him death.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy
                            Uhh, OK

I remember when Michael Irvin was prone on the carpet on the Vet. It was embarassing to be associated with the fans cheering his injury. FWIW Philadelphia has received a lot of bad press because a number of their fans are jerks.
                            Oh there will certainly be a bunch of idiots at the game but let's hope the good fans stop em from being complete assholes. This is a very serious/sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy
                              Uhh, OK

I was at the games Irvin and Emmitt went down and in both games it was NOT as the media put it- Fewer people cheered and more people hoped no one was hurt that seriously- And- It was proven that when Emmitt went down- The People's respect was in check for Mr. Smith- Now it could have been a bit more harsh for Mike Irvin... He was disliked as a player and not to respected as a roll model/Adult...
                              http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

I have no love for TO but feel bad for anyone who feels that this is their best option. I hope he gets help.
                                Bring it Home for Jerome

Comment

Working...
                                X