Offensive tackles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive tackles

When Peters went out Sunday I was very happy to see Johnson stay put and have Big V play left tackle. I was even hoping that they would skip over Big V and go to the back up left tackle who they have behind Peters. Shifting players all over the place is a big problem. Why weaken yourself in 2 spots when Peters goes out? Leave Johnson alone and fill Peters spot. The thinking is changing in that regard anyway and a lot of teams are putting their best rusher on the side opposite the left tackle because teams put their best OTs on the left side.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The Skins did flip Kerrigan to Big V's side after Peters went out.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      The Skins did flip Kerrigan to Big V's side after Peters went out.
      I didn't pay that close attention but I would think that moving Kerrigan took him out of his comfort zone too. Anyway I still think that it's a good idea not to mess with 2 spots when only 1 guy gets injured.

Comment

The O line was not that bad. They got us when they blitzed. And the LBs got penetration in run game but the run play calling was predictable.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          The O line was not that bad. They got us when they blitzed. And the LBs got penetration in run game but the run play calling was predictable.
          The only success that we had in the run game came from trap plays. We couldn't handle them straight up I guess. We've always had trouble against odd fronts.

Comment

Working...
          X