Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGN:Doug At The Combine

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...adelphia-coach

If this is accurate, Pederson is suggesting that Foles would have a say in where he was traded, should a trade scenario arise.

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...adelphia-coach

If this is accurate, Pederson is suggesting that Foles would have a say in where he was traded, should a trade scenario arise.
    I don't think that it cleared anything up to tell you the truth TP. To me it sounded like Doug would keep Nick informed as to what's going on if something comes up. I'm also of the opinion that Nick is a ballplayer and wants to go someplace and play rather than be a backup so I don't think that it's going to be that big of a deal unless he just says that he'd rather not go someplace. This is the NFL and they're in the business of winning and making money.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think Nick is a slightly different breed of bird. I think he has experienced the lows that occur when you are in a less than ideal situation. Based on his interviews throughout his career I think he values happiness for himself and his family more than anything including money. While teams may come calling for him, I think it will be a hard sell for him to say hes to a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I don't think that it cleared anything up to tell you the truth TP. To me it sounded like Doug would keep Nick informed as to what's going on if something comes up. I'm also of the opinion that Nick is a ballplayer and wants to go someplace and play rather than be a backup so I don't think that it's going to be that big of a deal unless he just says that he'd rather not go someplace. This is the NFL and they're in the business of winning and making money.
        Yeah, but not sure that trading Foles to a QB wasteland would be good either -- he's a bad QB if the OL is Swiss cheese. Foles may not want to go to a place where they will draft a young QB to take over during the year either. So it may depend on the situation, and how much of a haul the other team is offering. If it's just a borderline offer, and Foles would prefer to stay, that could happen. Or if the Eagles get multiple offers, they could let Foles pick.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          Yeah, but not sure that trading Foles to a QB wasteland would be good either -- he's a bad QB if the OL is Swiss cheese. Foles may not want to go to a place where they will draft a young QB to take over during the year either. So it may depend on the situation, and how much of a haul the other team is offering. If it's just a borderline offer, and Foles would prefer to stay, that could happen. Or if the Eagles get multiple offers, they could let Foles pick.
          I'm trying to say that Foles picking isn't going to be that high on the Eagles' priorities when they make a deal. They aren't going to make him privy to all of that information. They may try to avoid a place that he doesn't want to go to but they're not going to eliminate it.

Comment

I’m in the “Foles beats to a different drum” category. He’s really into his religious endeavors and I don’t think money is his driving force. Plus the fact that he’s been with one franchise that was a train wreck and another that didn’t win and then coming back and winning the Super Bowl with the Eagles was big. He’s going to be set for life with endorsements especially in Philly. The money will come. There’s also great chemistry with the organization and the city right now/ why would he want to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
              I’m in the “Foles beats to a different drum” category. He’s really into his religious endeavors and I don’t think money is his driving force. Plus the fact that he’s been with one franchise that was a train wreck and another that didn’t win and then coming back and winning the Super Bowl with the Eagles was big. He’s going to be set for life with endorsements especially in Philly. The money will come. There’s also great chemistry with the organization and the city right now/ why would he want to leave?
              Your right in that Nick has his own drummer but it always comes down to one thing-the money! Add that to the fact that he's obviously a great competitor and wants to play and that spells out of Philly. I don't care who you are you want to play, not hold a clipboard and that's all that he's going to do in Philly.

Comment

Foles is gone folks, we just need to come to grips with it. Arizona is already sewing on his name to a number 9 Jersey

Seriously though I am sure they are going to talk with Nick before they deal him. I am sure the team he is being dealt to is going to want to speak with him as far as a long term contract goes. It will all come together over the next two weeks or so.

Going to be fascinating what happens over the 12 days both the Eagles getting under the cap and what they do with some of their players long term
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vinny get traded. I don't know how much he's worth with that big contract though. We need picks to offset Wentz's big salary down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Foles is gone folks, we just need to come to grips with it. Arizona is already sewing on his name to a number 9 Jersey

Seriously though I am sure they are going to talk with Nick before they deal him. I am sure the team he is being dealt to is going to want to speak with him as far as a long term contract goes. It will all come together over the next two weeks or so.

Going to be fascinating what happens over the 12 days both the Eagles getting under the cap and what they do with some of their players long term
                    Yeah. They also have to get under without any benefits of trades -- either cuts or restructures. Granted, release Celek and Smith and that's enough to get under. After that trades can create more space to sign other players -- there may be some grace periods in there for moves after signings etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X