No announcement yet.

Eagles - Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order to beat Indy the Eagles offense is going to need to go toe to toe with the Colts offense. Based on this year I believe the Eagles can do that. Its going to come down to a few things. How well our special teams play and by that I mean kickoff and punt coverage. Starting field position is going to be huge in that game. Also I think that turnovers will play a part in this game. If both teams play mistake free football I see a close high scoring game that will come down to whomever has the ball at the end.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
      It's because of what they've done to us in the past.
      I'm aware as anyone what they've done to us in the past. I also know we haven't played them in about 4 years. That has no bearing at all.

Kind of like the stat that we had never beaten a Mark Brunell team...until yesterday. Obviously beating Indy will be a much tougher deal, but I don't think Indy, although undefeated, is as intimidating as in the past.
      Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

We're going to win, because Marty is calling the plays. Book it. Marty will do what Reid wouldn't. We will go in there, and punch them in the mouth, run the football up their a$$, and McNabb will make a few big plays himself. The Eagles are going to bust the Colts up. They can't stop the run, and no one has really exposed it, and I don't know why. But, it is there for the taking. They can be beat physically. Beat them up, and go ball control.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf
          the indiana/kentucky voters fear the Jags the most. Also weird.
          That where the indy fans are and the jags are in the same division so it kind of makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Theo
            It's because of what they've done to us in the past.
            I'm aware as anyone what they've done to us in the past. I also know we haven't played them in about 4 years. That has no bearing at all.

Kind of like the stat that we had never beaten a Mark Brunell team...until yesterday. Obviously beating Indy will be a much tougher deal, but I don't think Indy, although undefeated, is as intimidating as in the past.
            And lets not forget we owned Tony Dungy when he was in Tampa with his other paper champion team.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
              We're going to win, because Marty is calling the plays. Book it. Marty will do what Reid wouldn't. We will go in there, and punch them in the mouth, run the football up their a$$, and McNabb will make a few big plays himself.
              Is it guaranteed that Marty is calling plays from now on?

Also - I don't see the refs letting the Eagles hold Marvin Harrison they way they let the Patriots hold him.
              Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
                Originally posted by Vet Turf
                the indiana/kentucky voters fear the Jags the most. Also weird.
                That where the indy fans are and the jags are in the same division so it kind of makes sense
                Yes but those same Jags lost to Houston TWICE!

And the game is now sunday night

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
                  And lets not forget we owned Tony Dungy when he was in Tampa with his other paper champion team.
                  I completely forgot the Peyton Manning was on those Tampa Bay teams.

Obviously the key to beating Indy is to keep their offense off the field. Buffalo threw the ball 13 times yesterday to try and control the clock. The Eagles are definitely going to have to play their A game if they want to this game.

That said, they should not be overlooking the Titans.

Comment

If the Eagles lose to the Titans at home they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Comment

The Colts will absolutely destroy us. They will lose to a bad team somewhere down the line though.
                      heh, so why can't the Eagles be that bad team?

Comment

Originally posted by pigster
                        The Colts will absolutely destroy us. They will lose to a bad team somewhere down the line though.
                        heh, so why can't the Eagles be that bad team?
                        I was hoping we'd be a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                          If the Eagles lose to the Titans at home they don't deserve to make the playoffs.
                          At the beginning of the year I would have agreed. But the NFL is so wacky this year, I have a difficult time believing that any game that doesn't involve San Francisco or Oakland is a sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X