What's next on your wishlist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next on your wishlist?

Unlike alot of people here, I'm just fine with Trotter for another year. I'd love to get a stud at SS though. DT is still a mystery. Bunkley is the wildcard here. And Kearse just needs to return to being Kearse!! Ditto for #5.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

LB or Safety for me. I think between Doss and Hamlin, there are 2 decent safeties out there for us. LB is a little thin unless a vet gets cut or they make a trade.

Comment

Trade for a big time LB who may be too expensive for his current team or not the right fit:

- Jonathan Vilma
      - Lance Briggs
      - Al Wilson

NOTE: Before anyone yells and scream - I know these are long shots. But someone aptly mentioned that the trade for Hugh Douglas is very similar. Teams may need one of our stable of o-linemen (Tra? MJG?) etc.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Is Al Wilson on the block? This is the first I've heard.

Comment

I think backup RB is the only one left they will do in FA...

They have been pretty clear they have zero interest in Doss...no news on Hamlin.

I think they go SS high in the draft...if they can pull off a trade for a vet LB, then they probably go CB high as well...if they cannot pull the trade, then LB would be a high choice IMO...

This draft will be a defense-heavy one IMO...there may be a QB or TE or OT, but not until late...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
            They have been pretty clear they have zero interest in Doss...no news on Hamlin...
            Really? I thought Reid reached out to Doss and Doss said "I'm not so sure." I thought it was Doss who was tepid, not the Eagles.

Comment

With all the moves the Seahawks have made in the secondary I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin got cut & ended up in Midnight Green.
              My concern is still the LB spot & would love to see Vilma here,the kid can plat out play the game,side to side.
              After that I'm still looking at the RB spot & Ron Dayne just doesn't cut it with me.We've got better options(Chris Brown,Mike Anderson,Tony Hunt in the 2nd rd)along with Bucky.
              It's still early & IMO we're not done yet.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

j-bird - Hamlin is a free agent and on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                  Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                  They have been pretty clear they have zero interest in Doss...no news on Hamlin...
                  Really? I thought Reid reached out to Doss and Doss said "I'm not so sure." I thought it was Doss who was tepid, not the Eagles.
                  I remember that report, Steve...but since there have been 2-3 other mentions from Spads and media articles they have no interest...Doss called up WIP last week and basically begged them to sign him saying he thought it was a great fit etc. There have been no reports since...

I may be totally wrong, maybe they are waiting for his price to drop or unsure about his recovery from his injury/surgery or just do not think he fits...I don't know, but he sure seemed to be ready to sign the dotted line and no movement has happened...
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Re: What's next on your wishlist?

Originally posted by Eagle60
                    Unlike alot of people here, I'm just fine with Trotter for another year. I'd love to get a stud at SS though. DT is still a mystery. Bunkley is the wildcard here. And Kearse just needs to return to being Kearse!! Ditto for #5.
                    Bunkley is definitely the wildcard. I hope he comes into training camp in shape. At least he'll have an entire years experience under his belt, unlike last year, where we didn't get to see his true potential. I think he steps up big!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
                      With all the moves the Seahawks have made in the secondary I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin got cut & ended up in Midnight Green.
                      My concern is still the LB spot & would love to see Vilma here,the kid can plat out play the game,side to side.
                      After that I'm still looking at the RB spot & Ron Dayne just doesn't cut it with me.We've got better options(Chris Brown,Mike Anderson,Tony Hunt in the 2nd rd)along with Bucky.
                      It's still early & IMO we're not done yet.
                      No way do you spend a 2nd rounder on a runningback [Tony Hunt] That will get at most 5 carries a game.

Ron Dayne isn't a marquee signing, but it's a very good one that helps this team win.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

i'd like to see them explore a trade for briggs or vilma, if he is truly on the market.

i'd like them to sign a complementary back.

then i'm waiting for their two or three first-day picks (depending on whether they trade one for an LB).

i don't want Doss. they can find a SS in the draft. Probably not Hamlin either. Wouldnt mind seeing them make a run at RFA Gibril Wilson.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

dillon plz
                          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

That Marty plans to keep a strong presence in the running game (notice that, after last year, he went from "Morningwood" to "Marty M" or even "Marty Mo"?). Run stuffing DT, LB help, durable power RB. And some help to Burkholder to keep these guys healthy.
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

If they can work out a trade for Vilma then it's a no brainer. I think he's the perfect compliment to JJ's system. He's strong, very fast, a solid hitter and a tackling machine who moves well side to side. Let's face it, how often are you able to bring in a Defensive Rookie of the year? If the Eagles can work out a trade that let's them keep their 1st round pick this year I do the trade in a minute. The problem is that the Jets are one of the teams with a solid (although young) offensive line, so one of our best trading positions won't help us with them. But regardless, if we can work something out I'd love to have Vilma here.

If we get him and add a decent RB we're in great shape. Curtis Martin or Chris Brown would become extreme long shots if they land Vilma or Briggs, so resign Buckhalter and we head into the draft looking for a SS (1st rnd) and a CB (3rd rnd). I'm assuming the 2nd is gone in the LB trade. If we get Vilma/Briggs and resign Buckhalter we're ready to take another division title.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X