No announcement yet.

How do you get up for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Dawk, Dawk was da man, great player at one time.

IMO, Dawk is one serious collision away from ending his career. And JIMHO I do suspect that the Eagles fear the same thing and it was part of their thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Loved Dawk, Dawk was da man, great player at one time.

IMO, Dawk is one serious collision away from ending his career. And JIMHO I do suspect that the Eagles fear the same thing and it was part of their thinking.
      I dont disagree with this at all.

I understand that Dawk might fall off a cliff at any time.

Still, I would have brought him back.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post

And the Eagles disagreed--- doesn't make them low life's or child beaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post

Dawk already fell off a cliff about 3 years ago....
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

This is a no-win situation with Dawkins being so highly respected and well liked. Unfortunately time has eroded his once superb skills. Duce, Douglas, Trotter, Vincent, Taylor, Simon were all highly respected players with a big supporting fan base. The Eagles made the right call on each. Actually over time as the rhetoric dissapated, the Eagles side of the story and their reasoning behind it all held up to close scrutiny. As they say, deja vu all over again.

Comment

Turn the TV on week 1.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                We all thought the same thing when Eric Allen left, or when Byron Evans left, or Seth Joyner, or Reggie White... and we still came back.

This is our team... not Dawks... I love the man, but the Eagles are more our team than any player. People say fans shouldn't say we... oh yeah, the players shouldn't say we because they are only rented. We are permanent.
                I've only felt this way when Reggie left and now Dawk.

While the other moves were disappointing, Reggie and Dawk are once in a generation type players that raise them above the merely good players.
                And since both of them still have real value to this team, it is worse (Reggie even moreso since he had more good years left in him).
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  Regardless of whether the front office made the right move and handled things correctly, I now realize why I was so insane during the playoff run last year. I really wanted this team (Dawk, Reid, McNabb, Westbrook, Runyan, Tra, . . . ) to get their ring. But more than anything, I wanted to see Dawkins raise the Lombardi trophy for this team and for this city. There would be nothing else like it.

Now that is gone, and it really, really sucks.

The Eagles might very well win a Super Bowl some day but to me the sense of urgency is gone.

Maybe their will be another Eagle that will give his heart and soul for 13 years and represent everything that is good about the game. Westbrook? Stewart Bradley? Trent Cole? Sheldon Brown? Who will be the next Dawk?

The thought of Shawn Springs replacing Dawkins in our secondary makes me want to puke.

So, what will it take to get me excited for next year?
                  Spurr, the excitement will return. This year, it will start off different. We'll be more concerned and curious rather than our usual expectation of great things. But once the hitting starts, we'll be into it again.

If the team ends up sucking big time, then we'll get to be mad all over again.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                    Turn the TV on week 1.
                    This right here.

Comment

I just remember that it's a full six months before our first regular season game.

Right now, just keep telling myself that the FO period is far from over.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack View Post
                        I just remember that it's a full six months before our first regular season game.

Right now, just keep telling myself that the FO period is far from over.

I think you mean the Free Agent period, not the Front Office (Farce) period.

Comment

We play Oakland next year and you just know TO is going to end up there!
                          Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                            Dawk already fell off a cliff about 3 years ago....
                            Apparently they don't agree with you or they wouldn't have even made an offer.

And he's still the best or 2nd best safety on the team. So you don't let him go until you have a replacement in place. This is so typical of this penny wise but pound foolish front office.

I won't say that they haven't tried because they drafted Gaddis two years ago and Demps last year. But this is way to similar to how they've handled the FB position last year, the Punt returner two years ago, and the miserable Simmy for Trotter experiment.
                            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              I think you mean the Free Agent period, not the Front Office (Farce) period.
                              I don't know what the hell is going on.

Comment

jesus. give it a fucking rest already leif.

I love how all of the sudden you're the expert on Dawkin's drop off. Meanwhile, I'm 99% certain that if I cared to comb through the game day threads, you'd be fellating Dawk during the latter part of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X