Roster Turnover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Turnover

I did a bit of research and even I was amazed by the amount of roster turnover the Eagles have experienced since 2003...even since 2004 there has been almost 18 new players swapped in to replace people leaving...

From the 2003 roster, there are 10 defensive and 14 offensive players still on the Eagles...so in essence since that season ended over half the roster has been turned over...29 new faces.

From the 2004 roster, 17 defensive and 18 offensive players remain on our team.

The guys who have survived since 2003: McNabb, Dawk, Brown, Lito, Lewis, Hood, J-Mac, Mikell, Rayburn, Walker, Simy, Akers, Johnson, Bartrum, Bucky, Detmer, Fraley, G Lew, Mahe, Pinky, Runyan, LJ, Westy and Tra.

Since 2004 added to above list: Jones, Kearse, Reed, Short, Trotter, Ware, Wynn, Andrews, Darilek, Parry and Tapeh.

Some interesting observations from this group:

-We have our starting secondary intact plus Hood, Mikell, Reed, Ware and Wynn.

-We have a starting DE plus J-Mac, a starting DT plus Rayburn and 2 of our starting LB plus Short and Simy.

-We have our kicker, holder, long snapper and punter.

-We have our starting RB plus Bucky and Mahe and starting FB plus Tapeh.

-We have 4 starting OL plus Darilek.

-We have 1 starting WR plus G Lew and our starting TE.

So, I can now see why we have drafted so heavy on the OL the past two years...we needed more depth, needed to replace Mayberry and needed to plan for Runyan/Tra being replaced.

I can also see why we only drafted Considine in the secondary since we needed to replace Reed...we did get LeJune too, but he was a long shot.

I can also see why we have focused on changing the WR position after trading Thrash, letting Mitchell go, trying the Owens experiment and dumping B-Mac...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid
Working...
X