# Rumors: Eagles considering Warrick Dunn Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # Rumors: Eagles considering Warrick Dunn Insider

ESPN Insider reporting the Eagles are talking to Dunn.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Insurance?

Comment

Stick a fork in him - he's Dunn!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

He's a perfect fit-why not?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Actually - I'm of the mindset that great Super Bowl teams add a crafty vet here and there to secure things (See Dorsey Levens in 2004) etc.

I like it.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

He's MDFan old. He's hurt too often. And he has nothing left in the tank.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Is he better than Lorenzo Booker, jukin?

Comment

Never hurt, I'm always a gammer---- but the tank is much much smaller then it used to be.(or much much bigger then it used to be, depending on how you look at it)

I have no problem with a look see and if he doesn't work out, oh well. Nice veteran leadership and a hell of a human being, top notch character guy (based on reports)
                Last edited by MDFAN; 07-13-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Worth a look, but may not be better than Booker at this point.
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

He is the closest thing to Westbrook that is available and as was said is a great person, teammate and worker....definitely worth a look but it does make me worry a bit about Westbrook
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I think it says more about Booker the worthless than it does about westys health.
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Agree Zebster. Booker may have more in the tank but this tells me he ain't got **** upstairs. Dunn, as a vet, has the smarts to be able to fill the role. Hopefully, Westbrook and McCoy carry the load with whoever (Dunn?) getting a touch or two here and there. But that person has to be ready to step in when needed without taking a bunch of time to figure out what is going on. Look, if something happens to Westbrook McCoy should be ready to play but the vet can step in and know what to do and when to do it.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Or it could be as simple as reps in TC. Has anyone heard anything negative about Westy and his rehab?

But TC is coming and why rush Westy back, somebody with a similar skill set has to split reps with Booker............................ or it could be more sinister I guess.

Not gonna worry about something till there is something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            Or it could be as simple as reps in TC. Has anyone heard anything negative about Westy and his rehab?

But TC is coming and why rush Westy back, somebody with a similar skill set has to split reps with Booker............................ or it could be more sinister I guess.

Not gonna worry about something till there is something to worry about.

I don't think Dunn, at his age, is looking to come and be a camp body anywhere. If he's signed that means the writing's on the wall for Booker and Dunn's our 3rd rb.
                            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                              I think it says more about Booker the worthless than it does about westys health.
                              My only problem with Booker, and it's a big one, is blocking. He's like a bug on a windshield. I know that he went one on one with Joe Mays 50 times a day after practice last year to improve. That's a lot of punishment. I guess we'll find out if it did any good this preseason. The guy does have a lot of playmaking ability. I hope he doesn't end up being another Moats.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X