Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

Originally posted by stocknowledge
    None are so blind as those who refuse to see!
    Assuming that is directed at me........ that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

I have already stated that the team didn't play well, just like they didn't look good last week either!

My point was that the wrath and sarcasm handed down at McNabbb for that performance is unwarranted, IMO. Many people can share in that loss and not only this loss but the other 7 losses also.

IMO today the WR's gave him no help, and the OL wasn't at it's best in pass pro or opening holes when they need to on short yardage. The D was pretty good inside the 20, but pass coverage sucked and the missed tackling was shameful. They ran more than the passed and the won the TOP -- and lost. Due to players(plural) not making plays, not just Mcnabb!

Comment

Can someone tell me why McNabb, while scrambling out of the pocket, runs out of bounds or allows himself to be tackled instead of throwing it away? I mean, 1st and 10 around our 30 turns into 2 and 17 and pretty much kills the drive. I know it's only 1 play, but it's just an awful decision from a 9th year veteran QB. That, and why the hell did we not kill the clock after the 1st completion on the last drive?

The D played well enough for the win...despite a couple blown plays. You hold "an 8-4 team" to 16 points and IMO, the offense should pick that game up at home. Westy got 20 carries so I won't complain about not running more...but offensive executive continues to be offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
        MD, did those Giants impress you at all today? They didn't me.
        Yeah on 3rd down their D did impress me, and their WR's both Tommer and Buress did.

No their O didn't, but to read your little emotional tirade they aren't even pro players, it was all on the Eagles.

You people your myopic views crack me up at times.

No, the other guy never has anything to do with the outcome of a game.

Comment

This loss was mostly on the offense IMO....great first drive, then execution suffered, stupid penalties, dropped balls, turnovers, bad routes and not getting open, losing LJ to injury again with no other good TE available, rushed passes, poor pass blocking etc. They kicked it back up again at the end leading to the 2nd FG and then the final drive did very well until the last 2 runs got stuffed.

Defense played well enough even though they gave up some big plays and struggled again with getting off the field consistently. Some sloppy tackling, but got turnovers and stuffed the Giants 3 out of 4 times in the red zone.

ST was its usual mixed bag; some good and some bad. I think the snap and/or hold on the final FG caused Akers to yank it just enough to hit the upright unfortunately. Rocca was good, coverage was not that great.

Season over...stinks. Now, you need to play McNabb to see what happens over the next 3 games and make a decision on the future.
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
            Originally posted by stocknowledge
            None are so blind as those who refuse to see!
            IMO today the WR's gave him no help, and the OL wasn't at it's best in pass pro or opening holes when they need to on short yardage. The D was pretty good inside the 20, but pass coverage sucked and the missed tackling was shameful. They ran more than the passed and the won the TOP -- and lost. Due to players(plural) not making plays, not just Mcnabb!
            I disagree with that...the WCO is a timing offense, and when the WRs made their breaks, they looked open. Just my opinion there.

The D gave up 16 points and played pretty well, got the ball back for the offense. The offense looks better when it's deep in its own territory and Donovan is forced to get rid of it quickly. Then we get down near the redzone and run around waiting for players to get open. Ugh. So frustrating.

Comment

My Feelings on McNabb have not changed, in fact they have been confirmed!
              I have always felt that he was the wrong QB for this offense!
              That his shortcomings were inherant from the beginning, and that only his athleticism allowed him to succeed!
              All of the excuses offered by the McNabb apologist, are just that Excuses!

It's time to put and end to the McNabb Era, and that should be obvious to the most casual observer!!!
              Never look back, something might be gaining on you!

Comment

"You hold "an 8-4 team" to 16 points and IMO, the offense should pick that game up at home."

Bull, that 9 and 4 is a fraud record, they were playing their 4th stringers today ... Cause that's what I just read above.

Comment

hey VFK,

this isn't about if mcnabb sucks or not but.. if you say the season is over (which everyone will agree with), why wouldn't you play Kolb?

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                    This loss was mostly on the offense IMO....great first drive, then execution suffered, stupid penalties, dropped balls, turnovers, bad routes and not getting open, losing LJ to injury again with no other good TE available, rushed passes, poor pass blocking etc. They kicked it back up again at the end leading to the 2nd FG and then the final drive did very well until the last 2 runs got stuffed.
                    Honestly, was the pass blocking that much worse than it had been the last 2 weeks when we scored 7 TDs? 2 of the 3 sacks were on McNabb, and I'm not sure you can argue they weren't. Scrambling to his right and should have thrown it away ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

Defense played well enough even though they gave up some big plays and struggled again with getting off the field consistently. Some sloppy tackling, but got turnovers and stuffed the Giants 3 out of 4 times in the red zone.

ST was its usual mixed bag; some good and some bad. I think the snap and/or hold on the final FG caused Akers to yank it just enough to hit the upright unfortunately. Rocca was good, coverage was not that great.

Season over...stinks. Now, you need to play McNabb to see what happens over the next 3 games and make a decision on the future.
                      Wrong--- McNabb was just sucky and he should be gone by Wed, this loss was all on him ,,, true, I just read it all above!

Comment

"You hold "an 8-4 team" to 16 points and IMO, the offense should pick that game up at home."

Bull, that 9 and 4 is a fraud record, they were playing their 4th stringers today ... Cause that's what I just read above.
                        Sorry..i was trying to be sarcastic there..didn't show through. My point is the D played well enough for the O to win it. Bottom line, they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by fly
                          Can someone tell me why McNabb, while scrambling out of the pocket, runs out of bounds or allows himself to be tackled instead of throwing it away? I mean, 1st and 10 around our 30 turns into 2 and 17 and pretty much kills the drive. I know it's only 1 play, but it's just an awful decision from a 9th year veteran QB. That, and why the hell did we not kill the clock after the 1st completion on the last drive?

The D played well enough for the win...despite a couple blown plays. You hold "an 8-4 team" to 16 points and IMO, the offense should pick that game up at home. Westy got 20 carries so I won't complain about not running more...but offensive executive continues to be offensive.
                          This has been explained 4 billion times; it just seems people either refuse to understand it or only remember the times it does not work out...

McNabb wants to MAKE PLAYS and he is looking everywhere until the last possible second trying to make one that will help his team win...he is buying time hoping someone comes free. It is difficult for a D to cover guys for that long and not allow someone to get open...unfortunately, on most of those plays today no one did, he had to get what he could get on his own, run out of bounds or eat it...credit goes to the Giants D who played well and criticism goes to our offense who executed poorly.

If he throws it away at the first possible chance, the play is over and they got nothing...if he extends it and they make a play the team benefits. IMO it is worth the possible sack or run out of bounds since he has made so many positive plays in those situations.
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

MD - the truth is that the spotlight is squarely on McNabb right now. While the loss is certainly not all McNabb's fault, QB is the most important position on the field. And the fans are trying to see what we've got out there at our most important position...and it didn't look good today.

As for other deficiencies, we are sorely lacking (I hate to say it) a Todd Pinkston type who will stretch the field. For as much as I think 5 looked bad out there today, I wonder how he would look if he had a true deep threat out there. Probably better.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan

The Giants are a huge fraud of an 8-4 team. They won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs unless they play the Lions or the Cardinals. Did you watch that game and think "the Giants are a good team?"
                              The giants are not just a huge fraud of an 8-4 team. They are an even HUGER FRAUD OF AN 9-4 team.

But, as lousy as they are, the Birds are worse! The Gnats have repeatedly capitalized to win close games on mistakes made by shit teams...like this 2007 Eagles...while the Birds have not done so once this year.

Today's offense gave me a case of terminal projectile vomiting.

Comment

Originally posted by fly

Sorry..i was trying to be sarcastic there..didn't show through. My point is the D played well enough for the O to win it. Bottom line, they didn't.
                                And I agree, but the D didn't play "well" , the secondary had one target to control, that's about all Eli was looking for--- and they couldn't do it. Tackling was poor in the secondary also. Damn D-lineman had to hustle back to save TD near the end. where was the pressure on Eli in the 2nd half. Again I agree you hold a playoff team to 16, at home, and you should probably win, but 10 woulda been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X