No announcement yet.

Question on Baskett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McNabb and Baskett walked onto the field together when the game started. I think McNabb has taken Hank "under his wing".
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Did Hank go to Arizona? I can't imagine that Donnie asked every WR (including the UDFA like Gasperson, Sampy, etc). Just curious if anyone knows.

Comment

Yes, he did.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Inky - "Donovan McNabb already had embraced the rookie's ability after working with him at the quarterback's training facility in Phoenix."

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Inky - "Donovan McNabb already had embraced the rookie's ability after working with him at the quarterback's training facility in Phoenix."
            Damn we got ourselves a crack staff here!

Comment

Interesting that Baskett also went out to DMAC's training get together. It seems like the kid is taking a solid, level-headed, dedicated approach much like what we have seen from Reggie. It would be ironic if the kid's 40 times prove as misleading in terms of his real abilities as once Mamula's did when he was drafted.

Edit: Its also interesting that I typed this, got side-tracked by a business call and returned to supbmit it and find a bunch of similar thoughts. I guess we agree that signs of rapport between Donnie and WR X is always an important indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                Reality check:

Baskett caught one pass on a slant for 7 yards. That's it. He got hardly any work in there, and lets be hones, the whole offense was dominating in their ONE posession. OL was giving great protection, Westy was gouging them, everything was clicking, and lastly....Oakland stinks.

I'm pleased, but not overly impressed right now. I need to see SOOOOOO much more.

The thread is to discuss what "sitting Baskett with the starter" may have meant. Freshy, nobody placed a probowl ballet and noboady bought tickets to the superbowl. Please relax and get into the purpose of this thread.

I will say this about it, AR sure did give everyone something to ponder. Who da hell knows what it means, but it certainly has to show confidence in the man to not need to give him more reps.....as long as he didn't have a tweaked injury.

I'm still shocked at his quick development. As we all know, it is hard for ANY rook to accel in the first year of AR's system, but to do it throughout the first three weeks is unbelievable. You have to think there is so much more to this kid, if he can make "skeptical" coaches and fans this excited so quickly. I am the only one who got to witness the dropsies in camp, so I guess I'll be one of the few to stay even keel on the rook, but I am really curious as to how long it will last.

Just think about how this kid would be loved if he came into this year and had one of those Daivd Boston or Chad Johnson first years.....right after us losing TO? This city would probably start to call him Rocky or Papale and annoint him the next Moses....Malone

Wouldn't that be a nice story to go along with White's induction, Dawk's signing in Canton, Invinsible and a comeback story for a 6-10 team that was hurt by TO? I know, but this is the time for dreaming.
                Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                  Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
                  I expect that Andy has settled on him making the team and he wanted to see the others. However, it could be that Andy doesn't want too much exposure in case he tries to put him on the PS and is concerned he may not cloear waivers. Since everyone, including the media, is saying he is a TC phenom I would think other teams will be waiting to grab him if he is cut. Thus, I have to believe Andy has decided he stays with the team and wants to see the others compete.
                  I think it's simply because Baskett is his second best WR and is a starter so he doesn't want him to get hurt the same way he doesn't want his other starters to get hurt.

Practice squad? No way. He'd never clear waivers now. And he's too good not to make the active roster. He's outperforming Gaffney, G-Lew, Pinky and Avant. He deserves to be treated like a starter.
                  Your summary reminded me of something JT the Bricks said last night to a Denver fan. The fan was all excited about this rookie who might be a starting HB. JT reminded him of how bad that sounds for the other running backs. "Hey Denver fans! Nice story, but not its not good to have an unknown starting at such an important position in a year that you think you can go to the superbowl."

We all know what we have a WR, so it should not be hard to fathom a rookie being able to beat McCants and Lewis out. ANd Gaffney is learning a new system too, so that isn't so hard to believe. But he was undrafted.
                  Pedro

Comment

Working...
                  X