No announcement yet.

This Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you going to replace an HOF OT with? He goes until he drops. When he does you can try someone else. As far as losing Sudfeld which I suppose could happen I really don't think that losing him is a big deal. There are others out there that can give you the same thing. I'd like to see him stay but if he goes he goes I'm not going to lose sleep over it. We can match anything that he's offered anyway with another tag and keeping him is less than getting a vet QB that costs you about $5million these days. The last stiff that we had cost us $7million. Here are the salaries for tendered players:

First-round tenders are valued at $4.149 million in 2018.
    Second-round tenders are $2.914 million.
    Original-round and low-level tenders are $1.907 million.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Bring back Sproles , Peters and Long. Maybe Wallace
      Trade Nick.
      Keep Aggy.
      Everyone else walks
      So many stud defensive players in this draft get the best one you can with 1st pick a RB with 2nd and another defensive player with the 3rd pick.

This might be the most interesting off season in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
        Bring back Sproles , Peters and Long. Maybe Wallace
        Trade Nick.
        Keep Aggy.
        Everyone else walks
        So many stud defensive players in this draft get the best one you can with 1st pick a RB with 2nd and another defensive player with the 3rd pick.

This might be the most interesting off season in a while.
        We really need a stud running back! Heck you could make a case about just about any position this year. The good thing about running back is that he can usually play for you right away unless he's a slow blinker and can't learn the playbook.

Comment

I think they believe in Sudfeld and they'll tender him at a 2nd round tender. If someone wants to sign him and we get a 2nd? That's pretty remarkable and you accept it and get a vet Doug likes.

I just don't see Agholor back at $9MM next season. He isn't worth that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            We really need a stud running back! Heck you could make a case about just about any position this year. The good thing about running back is that he can usually play for you right away unless he's a slow blinker and can't learn the playbook.
            Yes we do need a stud at RB. Gurley, Kamara, Barkley, Ewok, James Conner, McCaffery. Then you had Bell and Hunt. You need a stud at RB to keep defenses honest .

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              Yes we do need a stud at RB. Gurley, Kamara, Barkley, Ewok, James Conner, McCaffery. Then you had Bell and Hunt. You need a stud at RB to keep defenses honest .
              Ya know Rob this thing about you can find a good running back in any round is a myth that gets repeated so many times that it is taken for truth. Sure you can, just like you can find a center or DT in the later rounds. We keep drafting them late and we come up with junk.

RB is supposedly the least paying position in the NFL. Maybe it is but that seems pretty stupid to me if you underpay the guy who puts points on the board.

Comment

I don’t think Nelson is worth $9 million a year... BUT you could make a pretty good case he has earned a 5 year $30 million dollar deal as a good second or third WR. I’d do that kind of deal in a heartbeat. He is still just 25-26 years old. He may be willing to take that deal based on playing with Carson and in Philly for most of his career.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think they will work hard to keep Sudfeld but a second round pick can't be ignored. They have a good idea of where they stand with Graham and Jernigan. That will go a long way toward their first round pick target. I know there is a lot of buzz around Pryor or Malaita but there is no real game evidence of them being successful and too many good linemen is a good problem to have so I really see them looking for the best O lineman they can get (myself I think a T that will be guard first year) and either a DE or DT in the draft. Everything else will be draft gravy
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    I think they will work hard to keep Sudfeld but a second round pick can't be ignored. They have a good idea of where they stand with Graham and Jernigan. That will go a long way toward their first round pick target. I know there is a lot of buzz around Pryor or Malaita but there is no real game evidence of them being successful and too many good linemen is a good problem to have so I really see them looking for the best O lineman they can get (myself I think a T that will be guard first year) and either a DE or DT in the draft. Everything else will be draft gravy
                    I don't know why the NFL values draft picks over players but they do. In Suds case if I read the rules right seems like the Eagles can't lose on that deal.

Comment

Right - you just have to be willing to pay Sudfeld around $2.3MM next year to be the back-up in order to tender him at the 2nd round comp level.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                        Right - you just have to be willing to pay Sudfeld around $2.3MM next year to be the back-up in order to tender him at the 2nd round comp level.
                        I think they would be willing to pay that no problem. Considering what the cap with Wentz, Foles and Sudfeld was around 22 million this year With Wentz, Sudfeld and most likely a rookie type as the 3rd QB they are looking around 11 million if they give the 2.3 mill tender to Sudfeld.

I think they will give him the 2.3 mill tender and I honestly think Washington could bite on that. They are so cap strapped with the Smith deal he is not going to pay, I can see them offering Sudfeld 4 mill per year for two years and he signs it, The Eagles then reject matching it and take the 2nd round pick. Remember Washington drafted Sudfeld and was upset with the Eagles claimed him on waivers.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I guess that I would rather keep Suds because he's cheap but if we get a #2 that's not bad either. It just hurts our cap a little. I really don't think that he's some kind of rising star lol. He'll be a career backup I would think so they will definitely give him a 2 tender. I guess the down part of the deal is that we would only have him for one year so I think that it's pretty much a wash either way. On the other hand they could sign him to a reasonable contract if they think that he's really capable. They tried to do that with Burton last year but he turned them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Maybe they'll bring in your little Mini Wentz QB that you've been talking about for a backup.
                            Didn't see the game but I hear he threw a TD pass at the senior bowl this weekend. Still a late round guy IMM
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X