Nick gets bonus that he didn't earn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick gets bonus that he didn't earn

Once again the Eagles throw cash at Nick that they didn't have to. I sure hope that he helps them back when it comes to trade time. It would also probably help his already legit loyal guy image with any team that wants to trade for him too.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...fl-free-agency
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

he earned it
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I wonder how these incentives count on salary caps? If it doesn't affect your number couldn't you write a contract for a guy for the league minimum and then give him a real low incentive so that he could make major money to get around the cap?

Comment

Don’t hold me to this because I am far less knowledgable than many on here about how the cap works, but I think the incentives are assumed to be earned and count against the cap immediately. Incentives that aren’t earned become part of the rollover relief that gets carried forward.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Don’t hold me to this because I am far less knowledgable than many on here about how the cap works, but I think the incentives are assumed to be earned and count against the cap immediately. Incentives that aren’t earned become part of the rollover relief that gets carried forward.
          I believe you are correct
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Oh, He earned it.!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Oh, He earned it.!!!!!!
              I wish that I could change the title of this thread. I think that you all know what I meant. I think that the Eagles also have been very good to Nick. After all if Nick had come in and sucked last year I doubt like hell that he would have given the Eagles some money back. Then again he's a different animal so maybe he would have.

Comment

Maybe this is part of the equation of I'll make good backup money and stay here to be the backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  Maybe this is part of the equation of I'll make good backup money and stay here to be the backup.
                  Or maybe this softens the blow when the Eagles exercise the option on Foles and he needs to pay back $2MM to get free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                    The only way that he stays here Vet is if he is made the starter and I can't fault him for that. I just hope that he helps us one way or the other and agrees to be traded instead of opting out. If they make him part of the process that might not be asking too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X