• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myth: the eagles can't win cuz of their 2nd half schedule

jax home - W (if they lose then its ?something? season

bye

wash - W home after bye, skins suck

ten - W another home game, momentum

at indy - L - silly not to put that there although i don't think the colts are the jugernaut we worried about coming into the season

Car - L/w - monday night at home will help out. panthers also don't look unbeatable

at Wash - w/L - tough to win 2 division games against the same team, but it helps when one of them sucks

at NYG - l/W - tough one here. would help not to get swept by the gnats, esp if we're in line for a tie

at Dal - l/W - 3rd straight division game, way too early to predict of course but we looked good vs them last time...

atl - w/l - who knows? home game. we seem to know how to gameplan vick

--

a million and one things could change of course

the first half obviously on paper is much easier than the second half,

but i think the notion that the eagles can't win down the stretch because of schedule difficulty is a myth
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

I concur!

Comment

I also believe that every game left is winnable. The last 2 weeks have also shown me that every game is losable, if they continue to make the same stupid mistakes.

Ronde Barber made two excellent plays today. That stuff is going to happen on occassion.

I think we all know that the defense is going to be nothing special this year. They just need to be solid and make the key stops.

For the Eagles to get into the playoffs, Donovan has to remain healthy. And, he just needs to keep playing at the same level (but better at clock management). The receivers MUST start making catches. The amount of dropped passes are just getting beyond pathetic.

And lastly, we could sure use some of the luck that blessed the Giants and Bucs against us in particular. A 62yd FG coming from a struggling kicker ? Are you kidding me ?

Comment

hopefully they rise to the occasion(s).

Comment

Great point, and I agree. It's hard to characterize how tough our last 8 are going to be, especially the division games. Heck, Tiki may decide to retire early. TO may give Parcells a reason to suspend him and so on...

We still have a decent team with enough talent to make some hay in the playoffs. But the team needs to get it together and stop making mistakes.

Comment

Right now things are just too unpredictable in this league to look at the second half of the schedule and think it's doom and gloom..or look at the first half and think it was cake.

I mean KC beating SD, Houston whooping Jax, us losing on a 62 yard FG, Oakland getting a win....and that's all just this week.

We've had some crazy things happen to us in the first half...3 unbelieveably excruciating losses.

One at a time....We have to beat Jax. We do that we will be sitting at 5-3 going into the bye. Not great, but not bad either. It's all about who gets hot at the right time. This team is capable....one game at a time.
            Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I think the Eagles can win any of those games. I think they can also lose any of those games. So, I'm still predicting a split, 5-4 from here on out, maybe 6-3 if the ball bounces our way.

I don't see them going through the second half like Sherman through Atlanta though like some seem to.

Comment

I'm with EB.

As easy as it is to say they will improve and play these tough games better that the first half of the season, it's EASIER to state that they will play the same. And if they do, a split is as much as we can hope for.

Hey, if they get their collective heads outta their butts, then the sky's the limit! But we have seen no evidence of that so far.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Skins are not as bad as their 2-5 record shows. Make no mistake...if New Orleans and Tampa can beat us...they can too.

However, I do feel that if we stop with the boneheaded mistakes we can beat all of those teams left on our schedule (except maybe Indy...who will be even more dangerous when Stokely comes back)

Comment

If the first 7 games have shown us anything it is that this team can play with anybody. Good and bad. Where we go from here is a mystery.

Comment

it's like as if in the 7 games - 28 quarters - the eagles have played good ball for about 20 of them.

the problem is the 8 they have sucked in have cost them 3 games.

they just need to work on playing all their bad quarters in entire games and all their good ones in their other games and they'll be better off.
                      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

"it's like as if in the 7 games - 28 quarters - the eagles have played good ball for about 20 of them.

the problem is the 8 they have sucked in have cost them 3 games. "

I agree and thus why IMO the biggest culprit is consistnecy-- and IMO that is what will determine the out come of these last 9 games!!!!

Not the schedule, not home vs away-- but the consistency level that the team plays at.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                          "it's like as if in the 7 games - 28 quarters - the eagles have played good ball for about 20 of them.

the problem is the 8 they have sucked in have cost them 3 games. "

I agree and thus why IMO the biggest culprit is consistnecy-- and IMO that is what will determine the out come of these last 9 games!!!!

Not the schedule, not home vs away-- but the consistency level that the team plays at.
                          and they're not even consistent in their inconsistency!

first they come out like gangbusters and can't protect a lead,

then they do jack early and come back!

wtf just play 4 quarters dammit

Comment

We will beat Indy.

The hardest game left is the 2nd cowboy game. Revenge, 3rd road game in a row, 3rd NFC East game in a row.

Comment

I'll take the Eagles at +.500 for the second half, straight up.

Any takers?

Comment

Working...
                              X