No announcement yet.

Apologists: You've got your wish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"if ronde barber is jumping routes because they are so predictable with their incessant throwing, that's on the coaches."

Just a couple of fwiw... they weren't "incessantly" chucking the ball around",, next the first route Barber jumped went for a TD, and the pass wasn't even to his man, that play was fine-- Barber just made a very very very good play and took a big chance.(so they shoul dnot throw th eball o the entire side of the field that Barber is on?) -- now the second one was a poor choice on #5's part -- yes, see he gets a choice on who to throw it too, that isn't on "the coaches". Most picks are either on the QB, the WR or luck(ie tip ) very few picks are because they threw the ball or are on "the coaches".

They had more balance in that game then in any other this year I think. There were things to complain about in that game, but play calling and run pass ratios aren't near the top of the list. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      MD, I have an issue with the way you continualy seem to lay the blame on the players, and leave little to none for Reid. Andy drafts for these guys, trades for these guys, trains them, chooses the asst coaches who coach them up...he is ultimately to blame for what happens on the field. If a guy makes a bad decision, he shares responsibility for that for a multitude of reasons. If he has players who don't know when to get off the field, throw the correct pass, not commit stupid penalties, or are simply incompetent to run the O and D that he is responsible for, that can't cover, are too big or too small, are stupid, are slow, can't get plays in on time, burn stupid timeouts, etc......he has responsibility.
      So, then AR should be fired for picking McNabb, because he is 80% at fault for this loss. That's right, the current MVP of the league was drafted by Reid.....so is it Reid's fault DM had a bad game???????

Save that BS Freshy for a game that can really be blamed on Reid. Reid's Offense had 500 yards, several dropped passes and DUMB penalties by guys who didn't do that type of thing before. The O dominated except for DM's FIVE mistakes. JJ runs the defense, so don't try to go there.
      Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
        Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        Originally posted by MDFAN
        "McNabb should have been told specifically to throw the ball into or beyond the endzone NOT SHORT OF THE ENDZONE"

I was told by someone who heard Reid speak that he was!
        in his pc, Reid said that was specifically talked about. Now, whether it was talked about before or after the play is hazy. In either case, that play is bad for everyone. If Reid and the other coaches didn't specifically mention not to throw it short, then they deserve the blame. However, if they didn't, then why the fuck is Donovan still throwing it short?
        Um, does it really matter if the coaches specifically told Donovan not to throw it short? I mean, shouldn't he know that already? Every single person watching the game did. If you want to put it on Reid that it was a bad idea attempt the play at all, then that's fair. But the throw - that's ALL Donovan.
        Agree with IMK here. Does a seven year vet have to be told AGAIN. Does anyone really think AR expected DM to be that dumb?

And as far as LJ is concerned....to answer TAZ's post....his pattern could have been part of the play to pull defenders away or to slip back into the endzone after clearing the middle. Plus, DM might not have been able to see the goal line to know he was short of it.....since he is standing behind 6'5" linemen while be rushed.

But to blame Reid for this is flat out retarded. He should not have to tell DM about a simple fundamental rule in the middle of a 2 minute drill.
        Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
          Feel free to criticize Reid, McNabb, whoever, but leave the "you apologists" crap at the door........
          nc, you've been around here long enough to know that these type of names are not appreciated on this board. Knee jerk or not, you are offending ANYONE who disagrees with your view,,,,,which happens to be a whole bunch of us. I'd appreciate you just screaming at your dog the next time something doesn't go your way.
          Pedro

Comment

Sorry guys the initial post was from a beer induced rage after the Eagles D let a horrible O win the game.

We're fighting the same things for 4 years now. The Eagle beat themselves; AGAIN. Fill in the blanks with the obvious reasons, and they still all point back to Reid. Clock management? Again?

How many times has McNabb struggled against a two deep zone? He surely knows the CB's are aggressive on jumping routes, with deep S help. I know this so surely DM must know that those 15-20 yard outs won't work.

I don't like what McDougle did, but I can understand his frustration.

The Bucs QB made no plays, but s mentioned he also made no killer mistakes. Gruden played rope a dope and found Andy Reid, and let the Eagles beat themselves silly.

This loss is grating because TB is just such a bad overall team. I don't think Reid is a bad coach that's obviously false. But I also don't think Reid has improved after the last 4 years either, and he's one of the major reasons we're so maddeningly inconsistent.

That's also two games in a row with a W in the bag that JJ's D CANNOT get the other O off the field. The Eagles D needed to strangle the other team and couldn't do it. This is how 8-8 teams play football, this is also how talented football teams miss the playoffs.
            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

To blame this loss on Reid, IMO, is foolish endeavor and beyond a reach.

Gumby couldn't stretch that far in my book!

Comment

Working...
              X