Vick should get a 2nd chance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick should get a 2nd chance!

And the second chance should begin immediately after EVEN ONE of the family pets Vick and his posse stole and slaughtered as 'training fodder' gets it's second chance.

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    And the second chance should begin immediately after EVEN ONE of the family pets Vick and his posse stole and slaughtered as 'training fodder' gets it's second chance.
    Fully agree--- I know some will come to defend him in that "it wasn't so bad" or "he's paid his dues" --- but IMO, he is scum and he should have to work construction for 2 years not 2 months.

Comment

I was just listening to that turncoat Ike Reese on WIP this afternoon sticking up for his "brother" and former team mate. Give me a break, this guy is a piece of shit and should be treated as such, but espn and nfl network are making a huge to do about his release from prison. The only way it could get worse is if Favre and Vick starting working out together in preperation for their comebacks!
      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Ah, baloney. He served his time, the whole thing was trumped up and overblown. People act like he's the worst offender ever, which is clearly not the case.

Why shouldn't he be allowed back in? Plenty of other athletes have been able to participate in their games despite having served prison time, such as Allen Iverson, Ron LeFlore, Bernard Hopkins and Mike Tyson.

I love dogs and everything, but people go way too nuts over dogs.
        Last edited by Leonard Tose; 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Is the guy a piece of shit? Obviously. Has he paid the price? Probably more than just about any criminal in recent memory-2 years in jail and at least $100 million. Should he ever be allowed to play football again? Are you kidding me? Football? Let's get real here.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMO he served his time and will forever have this baggage.

As for playing in the NFL? It isn't a right and it should be a league decision as to whether they want that caliber of person (and the associated circus he will bring) in the league. He can work anywhere else that wants to hire him. Look, if you owned a company would you hire him? Some would and some won't. Me personally, I wouldn't.

I hope the NFL tries to hold itself to a standard at some point and then be consistent no matter where they end up. I don't know the nuances of who is the official employer. So if ultimately an owner is the end employer not the league, then let the owner make that decision. If the league, make the decision and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Ah, baloney. He served his time, the whole thing was trumped up and overblown.
              Reasonable and fair-minded people may disagree as to whether Vick should get a 2nd chance to play in the NFL. I believe he shouldn't...nor, IMO, should Leonard Little or Ray Lewis have been granted the privilege of returning to the NFL. My opinion...that's all.

But to suggest that "the whole thing was trumped up"! You must have access to a whole different body of evidence than most people, including Vick's defense team.

Comment

I read an article on the Vick incident, and it included pics of dogs that were rescued from dog fighting places. The pictures were just.....freaking gruesome. Like something out of a horror movie.

Overblown? No way. Not a chance. Vick is less than human. It's a free country, somebody will give him a second chance, like Mike Tyson got. If I were the owner of a football team, I would never give him that chance. But, like Tyson, the shame of the crime that Vick committed will always follow him, and he deserves it.

DMac's known Vick since they first met, when Vick visited Syracuse. I really hope to God he knew nothing about it.
                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  IMO he served his time and will forever have this baggage.

As for playing in the NFL? It isn't a right and it should be a league decision as to whether they want that caliber of person (and the associated circus he will bring) in the league. He can work anywhere else that wants to hire him. Look, if you owned a company would you hire him? Some would and some won't. Me personally, I wouldn't.

I hope the NFL tries to hold itself to a standard at some point and then be consistent no matter where they end up. I don't know the nuances of who is the official employer. So if ultimately an owner is the end employer not the league, then let the owner make that decision. If the league, make the decision and move on.
                  You said it yourself. You said he can work anywhere else. Why not the NFL? Because they pay in millions? No one would care if he worked someplace making minimum wage. Why is the NFL different? If an employer wants to hire him then it's their choice.

Comment

I'm on record as saying that Vick should get a second chance. I'm no fan of his but everyone outside of child molestors should get a second chance.

He paid for his crime. And he wants to resume his life. Isn't that what any of you would want if you made a jailable mistake?

Comment

I see lots of people say he paid for his crime. Personally, I'm not a believer that 5 years or 10 years really pays for your crime. The victim lives with it the rest of their lives. But our country is founded on, and our justice system continues to hold, that you have paid for your crime when you complete your sentence. Whether you have been punished or rehabilitated or whatever you are considered a free man. The NFL doesn't have to hire him, I don't have to hire him, and you don't have to hire him but he is a free man (unless there are some restrictions I am unaware of) and should be able to apply.
                      Now, there is something to be said about players being role models for kids but I think that may say more about the parents than the players.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I am torn.

I as much of an animal lover as you will find. Hell, I just spent $321 on my cat yesterday for some blood tests because she's been droopy lately. (sap) ANd I find what Vick was involved in to be inhumane and reprehensible. I think he might just be an evil person, and not simply a dumb arse.

However, I also believe in forgiveness, redemption, second chances and the potential for good in pretty much everyone. So with that being said, he gets a second chance from me...but he is on a real short "leash".
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by L-Money View Post
                          You said it yourself. You said he can work anywhere else. Why not the NFL? Because they pay in millions? No one would care if he worked someplace making minimum wage. Why is the NFL different? If an employer wants to hire him then it's their choice.
                          Employment is a two way street: You need to be competant and the employer has to want you. As I stated in my post, the employer needs to make the decision and be consistent about it. If I was the employer I'd say no. Sadly, I am not an owner of an NFL franchise.

Comment

Two separate issues.

If I were Goodell, I'd reinstate him (perhaps with a suspension).

There's no way I'd hire him if I were an NFL owner.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              ... but IMO, he is scum and he should have to work construction for 2 years not 2 months.

You couldn't be more wrong MD. Keep that asshole out of the construction field!! If I see him on one of my jobs I'll throw his ass off the site -- after I find a few dogs to set on him!

Should he be allowed to play football again? Honestly as much as I hate to say it, yes. But not on my team! I would stop watching the Eagles if they brought him on. Sorry I know it's a double standard but I won't support a team that signs him. I won't support a team that signs Ray Lewis. If someone knowingly sets out to harm someone (or in this case an innocent animal) I want nothing to do with them. That's not to say that they should be banned from the league - but I personally won't support a team that pays them. I won't bitch if Atlanta brings him back, but if I owned the Eagles he won't be allowed within 500 feet of the team.
                              Last edited by Jukin; 05-21-2009, 07:47 AM.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X