Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuben Frank: Nnamdi Asomugha tops Eagles wish list

Per RotoWorld...
    (I like RW's closing statement here...hehe.)

According to CSN Philly's Reuben Frank, free agent Nnamdi Asomugha is "at the top of the Eagles' offseason priority list."

Frank is a very reliable beat writer, but he appears to be deducing here rather than reporting. Asomugha is adamant about playing for a contender, and the Eagles have a major need opposite Asante Samuel as well as money to spend on a top tier recruit. As far as fits go, Asomugha would be an instant secondary fix for a team that is expected to contend for the Super Bowl next year.

But...can he play the right side?
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I have no doubt that he will be targeted by the Eagles.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        I have no doubt that he will be targeted by the Eagles.
        is that a "but we'll be a dollar short" cynical comment?

Comment

Nope, the Eagles pay premium dollar for positions they covet (OT, DE, CB, QB).

Comment

Nope, the Eagles pay premium dollar for positions they covet (OT, DE, CB, QB).
            damn right,plus this would make the defense extremely better and leave a draft pick for a DE. God I wish they would draft a DE with some size.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Unfortunately we were very close to landing Julius Peppers. I don't want to be close to landing Asomugha.

Clearly, you can't value every position like the Yankees but at some point, I wish we would invest in a LB for once.

Comment

Peppers was a trade though so that brings another factor into the equation. The only big-ticket FA they lost out on that I can recall was Bentley, and that was for equal or less money, but he wanted to go to his hometown.

Comment

Peppers was a trade though so that brings another factor into the equation. The only big-ticket FA they lost out on that I can recall was Bentley, and that was for equal or less money, but he wanted to go to his hometown.
                  And how screwed would we be had we made that deal w/Bentley ?
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Peppers was a FA. The Eagles offered $10 million and wouldn't budge.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

That would be a great signing. That said, without a pass rush, it doesn't matter who is back there. The qb will find someone open if he gets time to throw. Not crazy about going the draft route looking for someone to rush the passer.

Anyone know of any stud pass rushers who are going to be free agents??
                      Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                        That would be a great signing. That said, without a pass rush, it doesn't matter who is back there. The qb will find someone open if he gets time to throw. Not crazy about going the draft route looking for someone to rush the passer.

Anyone know of any stud pass rushers who are going to be free agents??
                        http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

I figure the good ones get snatched up quick by the teams they play for. Doesn't really look promising.

I would love to correct a mistake we made and get Ngata. Bit I am almost positive he gets franchised.

Linebackers look like the better bet but I doubt they would go out and sign any of them.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I thought his contract was voided?

Comment

That story that rotoworld cited is just a guesswork piece by Frank, I don't think he has any inside info at this point: http://www.csnphilly.com/01/11/11/Te...203&feedID=704

That said, I'm sure they will target him. Hopefully, Nnamdi will give them a chance to bid. Peppers went to Chicago and never left, I don't think the Eagles ever really even had a shot to get him.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

I figure the good ones get snatched up quick by the teams they play for. Doesn't really look promising.

I would love to correct a mistake we made and get Ngata. Bit I am almost positive he gets franchised.

Linebackers look like the better bet but I doubt they would go out and sign any of them.

No way the Ravens would ever let Ngata go. He's my favorite non-Eagle in the whole damn NFL. What a beast. It kills me that they missed out on him by such a close margin.

I think the Eagles really only target Nnamdi this offseason. Logan Mankins and Chad Greenway would be great targets for them as well, but there's no way I could see them signing all three. If they got two, I'd be thrilled. If they just got Nnamdi and addressed the lines at the top of the draft I'd be pretty happy too.
                              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                              X