No announcement yet.

Analogy: The Raiders are to 40 Yard Times, as the Eagles are to Bench Presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogy: The Raiders are to 40 Yard Times, as the Eagles are to Bench Presses

Interesting...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ress#storyjump

Draft history analogy - Raiders : 40 times :: Eagles : bench press?

Every draft, when the Raiders are on the board, someone invariably makes the same tired joke, "Who's the fastest player available?" It's not without merit, obviously. Al Davis has repeatedly proven he loves speed. Here are the top ten 40 yard dash times from the combine from 2000-2010. If you'll notice, 4 of those players were drafted by the Raiders:

>CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE CHART<

Historically, the Eagles have a similar fascination with players that put up big bench press numbers at the combine. From 2000-2010, the Eagles drafted 3 of the top ten (3 of the top 6, actually) bench press performers:

>CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE CHART<

Oregon State DT Stephen Paea broke the combine record for bench press reps this year with an impressive 49. He's scheduled to meet with the Eagles this week. Just an observation.

I've heard interviews with NFL coaches, front office guys who say Andy loves to draft strong men. That the determining factor between two players in his mind is strength.
    I'm sure there are many factors that go into it but I don't doubt strength is high on his list
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Working...
    X