Too many observations to count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Well, they're sure a lot tougher than we are.
    * Yesterday. Yes. I agree.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The Eagles have one of the fastest players in football as our QB. They try the middle on sneaks and traps. Why not roll Vick out and have a run/throw option? 1 play anyway, inexcusable to have 4 plays (Giants off sides on 1 play) from the 2 and not score.

Comment

I could not figure out the play calling. I kept thinking that Lewis would be perfect. he is short, had leverage and could tunnel his way in. I also like the idea of a wide pitch to mcCoy or DJax. Who is going to beat them to teh cone on a quasi sweep pitch. I know that no one pitches the ball per se, but anything to get it out quick. Stick Avant out wide to block and we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          Seems to me the the wide nine should be nothing more than an alignment we go into on obviousy pass rushing downs.
          To employ it constantly, especially with our LBrs, is borderline retarded which I'm afraid may also describe our Defensive Coordinator. Or maybe Castillo is simply pathologically stubborn like AR.

Comment

You gotta play to the strengths of your personnel. The wide 9 is fine but it's like playing the Princeton offense with a bunch of 6'11 stiffs.

Comment

PFW analysis of game: http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...against-eagles

" The PFW Spin
              The Giants' game plan suggested they knew they couldn't trade blows with the offensively superior Eagles — not with WR Mario Manningham out for the game. So they took a measured approach offensively and defensively and made the Eagles work for their yards and not get the deep plays that make them so dangerous.
              They also attacked specific weaknesses of the Eagles, such as their linebacker corps. With defensive changes afoot — namely rookie LB Casey Matthews moving to the weak side — the Giants knew they could get man coverage in a few key situations and isolated Brandon Jacobs on a wheel route for a 40-yard TD past Matthews.
              They also preyed on the Eagles' other weaknesses defensively, such as poor tackling and taking bad angles. It showed up glaringly on tape the first two weeks, and the Giants exploited it with short passes, such as Victor Cruz's 74-yard catch-and-run touchdown and the Ahmad Bradshaw screen for a score.
              And the secret no one wants to admit? CB Nnamdi Asomugha is struggling so far, unable to do the things the Eagles are asking of him. In Oakland, he was a press-man corner who could muscle receivers at the line. (Emphasis mine.) In Philly, he's playing a lot of off-man and zone coverage, and he's all turned around. What no one expected was his inconsistent tackling.
              The Giants went after Asomugha a number of times, but the fact that Manning had only 26 dropbacks (23 pass attempts and three sacks) shows how measured the passing approach was. The past two games, including Monday's win over the Rams, the Giants have called 59 pass plays (including sacks) and run the ball 63 times. They are playing to their strengths right now.
              Defensively, they kept their safeties deep and forced the Eagles to go underneath. They also pressured Michael Vick, hit him incessantly and made the Eagles a running team. The last time the Eagles ran the ball 40 times in a game was in 2008. They did it effectively, amassing 177 yards, but it came at a cost. The drives took longer, there were few explosive plays (none longer than 24 yards) and it took the X-factor, DeSean Jackson, out of the game for the most part.
              Manning played in control. Coughlin had a great game plan and the team executed it flawlessly. And in the process, the Giants won a game they probably should not have."

Comment

Here's the problem:

"And the secret no one wants to admit? CB Nnamdi Asomugha is struggling so far, unable to do the things the Eagles are asking of him. In Oakland, he was a press-man corner who could muscle receivers at the line. In Philly, he's playing a lot of off-man and zone coverage, and he's all turned around. What no one expected was his inconsistent tackling."

This is Castillo's doing. He has to put his best defensive player in a scheme that fits him. He shouldn't be asking Asomugha to defer to Asante Samuel and play a zone.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Re: wide nine. Perhaps the team could consider Dixon/Jenkins inside against teams that favor the run? Are the LBs suited for the wide nine? I guess I will go and look at the Titans LBs through Washburn's tenure there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                    Here's the problem:

"And the secret no one wants to admit? CB Nnamdi Asomugha is struggling so far, unable to do the things the Eagles are asking of him. In Oakland, he was a press-man corner who could muscle receivers at the line. In Philly, he's playing a lot of off-man and zone coverage, and he's all turned around. What no one expected was his inconsistent tackling."

This is Castillo's doing. He has to put his best defensive player in a scheme that fits him. He shouldn't be asking Asomugha to defer to Asante Samuel and play a zone.
                    Actually that would fall on the guys doing the shopping. Why would you go and spend that kind of money on a guy who doesn't fit your system?
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                      Actually that would fall on the guys doing the shopping. Why would you go and spend that kind of money on a guy who doesn't fit your system?

Good coaches adjust to the talent and make the best use of their abilities. Reid really doesn't do that, IMO. He won't change for nobody.
                      Last edited by Leonard Tose; 09-27-2011, 03:19 PM.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Reminds me of how the Skins blew it with Haynesworth trying to make him something he's not. Our team has zero coaching right now.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                        X