Why am I not worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

Just too many issues for a team to overcome, IMO. I think they'll improve, or at least I hope they will. But, as it stands now, unless the top contenders get racked with injuries as the season unfolds, there is no way this team can string together the necessary playoff wins, and then beat the top team in the AFC to win a title. Not going to happen. They're just not that good. Simple as that.
    The Packers were 8-6 and just about eliminated last season. The Steelers were 5-6 before rattling off nine straight to win the SB.

The league as a whole is too weak for anyone to be truly eliminated. I think we all agree that the top team is the Packers but even their D stinks. No one is untouchable.

If the Eagles O plays like it did last season they are 3-0 right now.

The offense right now is killing this team. People talk about the D but the D has held up nicely before breaking down due to stupid offensive TO's or lack of production. Reid needs to lean more on the running game until the passing attack can pull its head out of it's ass.

I am not worried about the D at all. If the offense plays like it is capable of the D is definitely good enough to win games for us. You can't expect a D with a brand new DC and a ton of new players with a very short off season to win you games early on. The O OTOH has been together and should be jelling quicker.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      The Packers were 8-6 and just about eliminated last season. The Steelers were 5-6 before rattling off nine straight to win the SB.

The league as a whole is too weak for anyone to be truly eliminated. I think we all agree that the top team is the Packers but even their D stinks. No one is untouchable.

If the Eagles O plays like it did last season they are 3-0 right now.

The offense right now is killing this team. People talk about the D but the D has held up nicely before breaking down due to stupid offensive TO's or lack of production. Reid needs to lean more on the running game until the passing attack can pull its head out of it's ass.

I am not worried about the D at all. If the offense plays like it is capable of the D is definitely good enough to win games for us. You can't expect a D with a brand new DC and a ton of new players with a very short off season to win you games early on. The O OTOH has been together and should be jelling quicker.
      Valid points, all. But, I'm still not buying it. I honestly think that despite the talent they posess, this team will be lucky to make the playoffs, and will get smoked if they do. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll gladly take my crow with some hot sauce if need be. But, I just don't see it. Too much stuff to overcome.

Comment

Valid points, all. But, I'm still not buying it. I honestly think that despite the talent they posess, this team will be lucky to make the playoffs, and will get smoked if they do. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll gladly take my crow with some hot sauce if need be. But, I just don't see it. Too much stuff to overcome.

This team is totally lost. The defense needs a wholesale overhaul. This wide nine is a joke. And the O line, surprise-surprise, has no push. Gee, when have we heard that before. Add an OC who is a moron and what do you have? 4-12 and up in smoke? It's September and we need a bye week already (or maybe a bye month).
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The offense can get much better because there is talent there. You can mask offensive deficiencies with other offensive talent. But you can't do that on defense. The LBs and Safeties are gonna be the death of us all.
          Last edited by sfphillyfan; 09-27-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I'm not worried about the season yet, they have time to right the ship and they have the talent---if used properly. I am worried that dumb ass losses in games you should win hurt you in the long run and the Eagles do it routinely. They are going to put themselves in the position where they HAVE to win a game or HAVE to have someone lose a game and that isn't a position I like to see
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

To sit here and say that you know what's going to happen in January is ridiculous. You have no freaking idea what's going to be happening in January. The league is littered with Super Bowl Champions that looked like they were going nowhere fast after week 3. You have to go all the way back to...2007 to see an example of this!

There is more than enough time for the staff to figure out how to limit the stupid plays. I'd be far more concerned if the Eagles had gotten their doors blown off by the Falcons and Giants. They didn't. A tackle is made here, a play is made there, and the outcome is totally different. That shit didn't happen so we lost, but that does not mean that all is now lost for this season. To say so, especially given Andy Reid's track record of getting his team to play their best ball in the last third of the season, is fucking ridiculous.

I expect this shit from WIP. Didn't expect to see that shit here. I can understand it on Sunday when emotions are running high, but not now, two days later.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                The offense can get much better because there is talent there. You can mask offensive deficiencies with other offensive talent. But you can't do that on defense. The LBs and Safeties are gonna be the death of us all.
                If the offense gets much better you're no longer worried about the D. The D is fine as long as it doesn't get worn down. The defense kept the Eagles in the past two games until the offense shit the bed.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  If the offense gets much better you're no longer worried about the D. The D is fine as long as it doesn't get worn down. The defense kept the Eagles in the past two games until the offense shit the bed.
                  I hope you're right but I get the feeling that as the offense gets better, the defense will show their weakness. Trent Cole is playing out of his mind but the linebackers and safeties are truly dreadful.

Regarding the Falcons game, did we not have the lead?

Didn't everyone watch Stephen Jackson and think, "huh... that's not gonna be good."

The defense is the problem for the season, even if the offense is the problem right now.

Comment

I hope you're right but I get the feeling that as the offense gets better, the defense will show their weakness. Trent Cole is playing out of his mind but the linebackers and safeties are truly dreadful.

Didn't everyone watch Stephen Jackson and think, "huh... that's not gonna be good."

The defense is the problem for the season, even if the offense is the problem right now.
                    The defense, and Vick getting his brains beat in every game.

Oh, and EFD, it's not WIP shit, buddy. I've never listened to WIP in my life. It's my opinion. Sorry if it makes you blanch, but I'm just calling it like I see it. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to lie about it.

Comment

But that Defense played well enough to win both the Giant and Falcons games until the offense went down the toilet. The Eagles biggest problem is that the old Atlanta Vick is back.
                      FRESH > cancer

Comment

Every team does it, in single games things can go wrong or mistakes can be made.

The keys are like you said, its early in the season and most of the issues are correctable. The team is still gelling and finding the right chemistry. As long as we do not get hit hard with the injuries, we should be able to hit our groove
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I get a kick out of this coachspeak that somehow all these mistakes are "correctable". You either execute or you don't, and this team doesn't. Are you really trying to tell me somehow that Matthews getting squashed like a mosquito on a windshield is correctable? The nonexistant LBer play is somehow correctable? Yeah, it's correctable if the FO brings in some guys who can actually play there instead of the junk they have now.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We are going to smoke SF.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                              We are going to smoke SF.
                              I think we win by a TD.

After last week, I don't think we smoke anyone.

Comment

The Giants game was sloppiness all the way around. Maybe it was just one of those games. But the ATL game was sloppy too. I am not sure where this is headed. If they don't look MUCH better this weekend, I was be extremely concerned instead of the plain old concerned I currently am.

Comment

Working...
                                X