No announcement yet.

McNabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta vote no here, too. Even if it meant we'd get rid of VY. We'd be trading one set of media headaches for another.

Stunner from ESPN: for QB's dropping back "under pressure" (and God only knows how they cherry-picked those plays), McNabb of all people in the NFL has the best rating. I think it's their "total quarterback rating," I have no idea how they calculate it. But I don't think he'd wish that every QB on every team got blitzed on every play.....
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...under-pressure
    Top player in the NFL on "pressure" plays: McNabb
    Worst: Sanchez
    Most-pressured QB in league: Vick
    Five Least-pressured QBs in league: Pats, Titans, Cowgirls, Bengals, Bills
    Five Most-pressured QBs in league: Eagles, Bears, Dolphins, Rams, Vikes
    Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I'd rather have Koy Detmer than McNabb ... who has really become just a sulky, sullen, gloomy kind of guy. which is quite hard to do with a smile ... but it just makes the smile that much more annoying (dude, you're not fooling anyone that you're happy). I loved McNabb but simply cannot root for a guy that clearly does not take responsibility for his shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        Well I met Kid Rock and Pam Anderson at a craps table in Vegas once. That bastard didn't let Pam pleasure me so I still hold a grudge now.
        It's a good thing he didn't let her or you might be out a liver.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
          I'd rather have Koy Detmer than McNabb ... who has really become just a sulky, sullen, gloomy kind of guy. which is quite hard to do with a smile ... but it just makes the smile that much more annoying (dude, you're not fooling anyone that you're happy). I loved McNabb but simply cannot root for a guy that clearly does not take responsibility for his shortcomings.
          It's more of a wry smile than anything. As if you to say "can you believe what I have to work with here? / I can't believe they're trying to blame me for this mess / don't blame me, I'm saying all the right things."

It's so fucking phony.

Comment

So true Vin. It's funny that he is seen as a "high road" guy because he can be so passive aggressive with faulting others.

Comment

I dunno man. It's not like being blunt is working all that well for Terrell Owens or Allen Iverson.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                I dunno man. It's not like being blunt is working all that well for Terrell Owens or Allen Iverson.
                There's a happy medium. It's called being genuine without being an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  It's a good thing he didn't let her or you might be out a liver.
                  They came over to a craps table where I was playing at Mandalay Bay. Neither of them looked like celebrities - they barely looked human! When a guy next to me said it was Kid Rock and Pam Anderson I really had to do a double take. Kid Rock looked totally strung out and she looked like a complete skank. I wouldn't have touched the dice after she handled them, let alone actually touched her. My liver was never in any danger.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

By contrast I saw Faith Hill and Tim McGraw at a craps table at the Hard Rock. Talk about absolutely gorgeous and as good as you see on tv. And an ass you could bounce a quarter off of. And faith looked pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      There's a happy medium. It's called being genuine without being an asshole.
                      FWIW, I can't deny that the fake smile and laughs have bugged the hell out of me now and then. I know these guys have to do the player-speak and always say The Right Thing, but it seems so much like an act that it gets tougher to take him seriously when he really does say what's on his mind.
                      — Michael Strahan

Comment

Some people are real nice and they're assholes. Some are outspoken and they're assholes.

Above all else, be yourself. We're all smart enough to spot phony. And it's insulting.

You can't say stuff like "I'm going to take the high road.."

That implies you want to say something scathing but are too "good" to do it. Which means you're a phony. If you are going to take the high road, then just say whatever is on the high road. Don't tell us you're taking the high road. Know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          Some people are real nice and they're assholes. Some are outspoken and they're assholes.

Above all else, be yourself. We're all smart enough to spot phony. And it's insulting.

You can't say stuff like "I'm going to take the high road.."

That implies you want to say something scathing but are too "good" to do it. Which means you're a phony. If you are going to take the high road, then just say whatever is on the high road. Don't tell us you're taking the high road. Know what I mean?
                          Good point.

Comment

PFT: If true, he is truly done-McNabb benched for showing up late at meetings, won't put in time to better understand Vikings offense

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-in-the-time/

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                                PFT: If true, he is truly done-McNabb benched for showing up late at meetings, won't put in time to better understand Vikings offense

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-in-the-time/

Too much of this stuff out there. I think there has to be truth to it. Maybe Reid covered for him a lot more than anyone could have imagined? Or maybe McNabb just quit caring at some point?

Comment

Working...
                                X