McNabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loser.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

he should write a book titled, "how to taint a legacy"

Comment

I wished him well when he left. Now I hope he is done.

Comment

Yeah, did you hearthat kinda crap about Montana when he got traded to KC?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

this kind of stuff does really make you wonder if he put 100% effort in while he was with the Eagles. The knock about him showing up overweight every year seemed not all that huge of a deal ... but makes you think the dude just didn't really put in the time to become the superstar QB he could have been.

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
              Too much of this stuff out there. I think there has to be truth to it. Maybe Reid covered for him a lot more than anyone could have imagined? Or maybe McNabb just quit caring at some point?
              The problem is that if McNabb acted like this in Philly Reid should have called him on it. Because if true Reid hamstrung this team even more by letting him get away with crap.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I don't think Donnie acted this way in Philly. I just think he's incapable of learning a new offense so he just started pouting and not caring.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  I don't think Donnie acted this way in Philly. I just think he's incapable of learning a new offense so he just started pouting and not caring.
                  That seems closer to the truth. Vick claims that he learned how to be a Pro from McNabb. Being the first one to practice and the last to leave. This whole thing just doesn't sound right.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    That seems closer to the truth. Vick claims that he learned how to be a Pro from McNabb. Being the first one to practice and the last to leave. This whole thing just doesn't sound right.
                    I suppose we'll never know for sure, but I would agree with those who doubt McNabb didn't put out full effort when in Philly. AR has his faults but I doubt he would have put up with and covered for #5 if he was a lazy shit. He would have gotten rid of him much earlier he finally did.

If the recent spate of stories critical of McNabb's attitude and work ethic are accurate, I suspect it has more to do with McNabb believing he could 'rest on his laurels' late in his career. In any case, it reflects poorly on him and gives further evidence that what kept #5 from real greatness resided between his ears.

Comment

tino - you know as well as I do that McNabb has been working very hard these last two years and that it's everyone around him that's gotten lazier. McNabb is NOT TO BE BLAMED. Do you understand me? It's everyone else who is to be blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                        The problem is that if McNabb acted like this in Philly Reid should have called him on it. Because if true Reid hamstrung this team even more by letting him get away with crap.
                        I agree with this. McNabb might have started acting this way his last year or 2 in Philly. Something made the team want to move him after standing with him thru injuries. His numbers were OK to good. He missed 2 games in 2007 & 2009. He played all 16 in 2008.

Wrong quote. I wanted Tino's. I must have some McNabb in my brain.

Quote I suppose we'll never know for sure, but I would agree with those who doubt McNabb didn't put out full effort when in Philly. AR has his faults but I doubt he would have put up with and covered for #5 if he was a lazy shit. He would have gotten rid of him much earlier he finally did.

If the recent spate of stories critical of McNabb's attitude and work ethic are accurate, I suspect it has more to do with McNabb believing he could 'rest on his laurels' late in his career. In any case, it reflects poorly on him and gives further evidence that what kept #5 from real greatness resided between his ears. Quote
                        Last edited by Rossovich; 10-23-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Total asshat if it's true. And he would've had some nerve to try to get that big contract in Washington if he was going slack in practice, let alone $5M in Minny. I mean, hell........the contract's for what you're going to be produce, not a lifetime achievement award for the last 10 years.......how many young QB's would kill or die to have the chance to be in his shoes, and then show what they could do? I'd like to see him hone his game as a backup, get another chance, be ready and make the most of it, but do I see that happening? Real, real tough to see that........

I also have to agree, the only thing that makes me believe it's not true, is that AR would be sabotaging his own job by letting him start. I mean, we had Kolb on the bench for a couple of years, it's not like he couldn't be replaced......in '08, BDawk was still here and probably would've smacked some sense into him if he stopped caring. In '09, they did say that the team got more interested in Kolb starting after he won those games while DMac was out.....

Anyway. Well if he's quit on himself, he'll end up in the UFL in a hurry. Nobody in the league's going to feel sorry for him, that's for sure......
                          Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 10-24-2011, 08:36 AM.
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I can't believe that we're dismissing the "could he have started quitting on the eagles" if we're now hearing all these stories from Minny and DC.

Andy was so impressed with McNabb's 2005 and 2006 seasons (2 years removed from McNabb's career 2004 year) that he went out and used the Eagles 1ST pick on Kevin Kolb. Then you had the benching in 2008 against Baltimore.

I don't think 5 was as ill-prepared for seasons during most of his tenure here, but I think it's pretty clear the last 2-3 years he let himself go and the Eagles were just reluctant to turn the reigns over to Kolb (who has so far not redeemed himself this year).

Dude has been a bum for the last 5 years.

Comment

Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly was on ESPN Radio saying he knows for a fact that some, I forget if he said staff or coaches, felt that Reid let McNabb "get away" with a lot and "play by different rules"

Now a lot of that could be said b/c he was a qb and winning games so different rules for different players - but Eric was trying to make the point that he knows that the rumblings going on about McNabb now were also around when he was with the Eagles.

Comment

So how come when I started killing McNabb 5 years ago everyone was angry with me?

I AM REDEEMED DAMMIT! REDEEMED!

Comment

Working...
                                X