Question for everyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for everyone....

.....bashing the Bradford move. I've heard a lot of you hammering this move but I have yet to read any alternatives offered up from anyone. Did you want to keep Foles, who looked like shit last year before he got hurt? Obviously Sanchez as the starter wasn't the answer, what QB is out there that you would have targeted to be the starter? Move up and get Mariota, Winston? I'm just curious as to what all of our resident G.M.'s plan would have been.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Here's a little help for everyone. A list of the FA QB's this year. Many future HOF'rs here.

Jason Campbell, Cincinnati Bengals
    Jimmy Clausen, Chicago Bears
    Matt Flynn, Green Bay Packers
    Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
    Shaun Hill, St. Louis Rams
    Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns
    Tarvaris Jackson, Seattle Seahawks
    Josh Johnson, San Francisco 49ers
    Ryan Lindley, Arizona Cardinals
    Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans
    Ryan Mallett, Houston Texans
    Luke McCown, New Orleans Saints
    Colt McCoy, Washington Redskins
    Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins
    Dan Orlovsky, Detroit Lions
    Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
    Mark Sanchez, Philadelphia Eagles
    Tyrod Taylor, Baltimore Ravens
    Scott Tolzien, Green Bay Packers
    Joe Webb, Carolina Panthers
    Michael Vick, New York Jets
    T.J. Yates, Atlanta Falcons

Comment

I can't speak for everyone, but I think people were generally willing to swallow the loss of all of our offensive starters if it culminated in the drafting of Chip's "perfect QB". So, I guess many expected that counterbalance for the losses....and Sam Bradford doesn't tip the scales back to equal, in many minds.

I will say however that I am ready to move forward with Bradford and support him. So it doesn't really matter at this point, to me.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I would have come back with Foles and drafted Hundley. The real problem with Bradford is even when he was healthy he was not very good. He is truly a 1st round bust. Personally I think Foles is the better QB and he will prove it over and over again in St Louis, while Ole Chippy is still trying to figure you his QB situation here.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

He is a bust due to injury though he is a GREAT kid. Nick Foles like in the locker room. I am ok with it.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

IMO it looks worse when viewed alongside all of the other roster subtractions. That said, I recognize the dearth of talent in both the draft and FA this year. Foles was a known quantity from the fans view and more importantly from the coaches' view. Apparently, there is a great deal of divergence between the two perceptions.

Bradford may indeed get the team over the playoff hump, provided he completes a full season. There's a reason he was selected where he was in the draft. IMO Foles may or may not have done the same. I am behind Bradford now that he is an Eagle, but I was cool with Foles in that role too.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              I would have come back with Foles and drafted Hundley. The real problem with Bradford is even when he was healthy he was not very good. He is truly a 1st round bust. .
              From wiki..

During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie (169), which ended with an interception by William Moore in a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on November 21.[70] On November 28, 2010, against the Denver Broncos, Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory.[71] He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards.

On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.[72][73]

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                I can't speak for everyone, but I think people were generally willing to swallow the loss of all of our offensive starters if it culminated in the drafting of Chip's "perfect QB". So, I guess many expected that counterbalance for the losses....and Sam Bradford doesn't tip the scales back to equal, in many minds.

I will say however that I am ready to move forward with Bradford and support him. So it doesn't really matter at this point, to me.
                My problem with that is, other than the media when did Chip ever say what his ideal qb is? The media are the ones that perpetrated this entire story of the Eagles giving up all their draft picks to move up and get Mariota and everyone out there bought it. No one from the Eagles ever said anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                  My problem with that is, other than the media when did Chip ever say what his ideal qb is? The media are the ones that perpetrated this entire story of the Eagles giving up all their draft picks to move up and get Mariota and everyone out there bought it. No one from the Eagles ever said anything like that.
                  True. Kelly's radio silence regarding his plans and strategy leads the media and fans to have to fill in the blanks or read tea leaves in an attempt to divine his intent.

This 'filling in of blanks' has apparently resulted in the building up and tearing down of expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post

You seem to want to understand why people are responding negatively after the Bradford announcement. I am giving you , what I believe, is the reason. Disappointment, because people expected something different.

Are people crazy for thinking that Chip might want Mariota? Is that baseless? Of course not. In fact, Chip said in his presser TODAY that Mariota is the best QB in the draft. Add in the fact that Chip has been extremely unpredictable in his moves so far in FA, and... It wasn't a huge leap, OK?
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think everything worked out fine.

Chip could have signed JaMarcus Russell at 4:01pm on TUE and I would tell you its a great move!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                        Are people crazy for thinking that Chip might want Mariota? Is that baseless? Of course not. In fact, Chip said in his presser TODAY that Mariota is the best QB in the draft. Add in the fact that Chip has been extremely unpredictable in his moves so far in FA, and... It wasn't a huge leap, OK?
                        Concur with this also. Many of us try to connect the dots, and when we are thrown for a loop, we act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                          True. Kelly's radio silence regarding his plans and strategy leads the media and fans to have to fill in the blanks or read tea leaves in an attempt to divine his intent.

This 'filling in of blanks' has apparently resulted in the building up and tearing down of expectations.
                          Yes. Expectations that were fomented by the talking heads out there that were completely baseless . Then when the fabricated scenario doesn't play out everyone goes nuts! Everyone is constantly setting themselves up for disappointment based on rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                            From wiki..

During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie (169), which ended with an interception by William Moore in a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on November 21.[70] On November 28, 2010, against the Denver Broncos, Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory.[71] He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards.

On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.[72][73]
                            5 seasons, 2 ACL tears and a shoulder injury since. 58pct career completion percentage, 1 to 1 turnover (Fumbles and INT) to Interceptions over his career. Should I continue. 1 season a career does not make. I would have rather Chippy traded for Ryan Fitzpaterick than this bum.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              5 seasons, 2 ACL tears and a shoulder injury since. 58pct career completion percentage, 1 to 1 turnover (Fumbles and INT) to Interceptions over his career. Should I continue. 1 season a career does not make. I would have rather Chippy traded for Ryan Fitzpaterick than this bum.
                              He's a gamer taz. Tough kid. Pull for him.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X