Bradford for Manziel and a high pick??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    It's about getting a check for the players and selling tickets for the team. Nothing else matters but the accountant's statement each month and that is true for everyone involved in pro sports.... except the fans. They feed us BS about caring and wanting to win and that's not totally untrue. But it's not their primary goal. Their primary motivation is the money. It's unfortunate but it's the state of professional sports in the modern world.

Why did you have to go and say that?

Now you've ruined it all for me!

Say it ain't so Joe...I mean Juk!

Comment

MD... I agree. They are going to keep Bradford otherwise they would be lying to Murray.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If something is going to happen, I can't see any possibility before draft day. There's no way they do anything with Bradford unless they are assured of getting Mariota.

Cleveland could always eat the 13 mil, they can afford it, and then throw the ol' franchise tag on Bradford. But, I don't see it happening.

Still, that damned Chip Wagon article is very telling as far as the run game is concerned, and how the right QB would make the run game a lot more dynamic, and not force Chip to alter his scheme. When you look at the pics, the difference in the defense and the running lanes with Vick under center is pretty obvious.

I like Bradford, and I think Chip can definitely win with him under center. But, I can see why Chip would want Mariota.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          If something is going to happen, I can't see any possibility before draft day. There's no way they do anything with Bradford unless they are assured of getting Mariota.

Cleveland could always eat the 13 mil, they can afford it, and then throw the ol' franchise tag on Bradford. But, I don't see it happening.

Still, that damned Chip Wagon article is very telling as far as the run game is concerned, and how the right QB would make the run game a lot more dynamic, and not force Chip to alter his scheme. When you look at the pics, the difference in the defense and the running lanes with Vick under center is pretty obvious.

I like Bradford, and I think Chip can definitely win with him under center. But, I can see why Chip would want Mariota.
          I don't want MM. I don't want any "running QB". They kill you in the end. Vick can run like a deer and got beat out by a turtle named Foles in the end. Maybe Russell Wilson is the exception. Then again he has Lynch and a killer defense to help him out.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sorry Juk, we disagree in this case. I am the leader of the "It's all about the money" train. But there are certain things even Pro's won't stand for, and one is being lied to. He could have gotten as much if not more if he had shopped himself, i think we all know that. He wasn't even on our radar do to his expected cost--- but ended up here because of Bradford and him being very very reasonable about the $$$$. And his being pissed off might not even be a conscious thing, but these guys need to be 100% focused, and he wouldn't be.

I would love MM here to be the back up for a year, but I don't think Chip is gonna use Sam to get him. Hell, I'm sure I might be wrong as who the F knows what Chip's plan is, but my gut tells me that they won't move him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Sorry Juk, we disagree in this case. I am the leader of the "It's all about the money" train. But there are certain things even Pro's won't stand for, and one is being lied to. He could have gotten as much if not more if he had shopped himself, i think we all know that. He wasn't even on our radar do to his expected cost--- but ended up here because of Bradford and him being very very reasonable about the $$$$. And his being pissed off might not even be a conscious thing, but these guys need to be 100% focused, and he wouldn't be.

I would love MM here to be the back up for a year, but I don't think Chip is gonna use Sam to get him. Hell, I'm sure I might be wrong as who the F knows what Chip's plan is, but my gut tells me that they won't move him.
              I agree MD. You can't lie under any circumstances. Your credibility is ruined in that person's eyes no matter what walk of life you are nvolved in.

Comment

You do realize that the Eagles were talking to Murray before the trade for Bradford happened. In fact Murray said when he got the text from Bradford that he was coming here, that he was already talking to us.

The fact is Chip changed his sights to Murray once he knew he wasn't getting Maclin.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  You do realize that the Eagles were talking to Murray before the trade for Bradford happened. In fact Murray said when he got the text from Bradford that he was coming here, that he was already talking to us.

The fact is Chip changed his sights to Murray once he knew he wasn't getting Maclin.
                  That whole story does have a couple of different versions. Whatever it was, Sam was a critical part IMO. I doubt if Murray would have jumped to sign with the Birds if he thought that he'd be playing with a rookie QB and not Sam or Nick.

Comment

No to Manziel. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Not according to Chip!!! He sez they did not pursue Muarry at all since they felt his price tag was going to be to much. Also said Sam claims that HE called Murray and told him he was coming to Philly and that he should also, and Murray at that point called Chip. I'll try and find the quotes from back then.

Comment

Not according to Chip!!! He sez they did not pursue Muarry at all since they felt his price tag was going to be to much. Also said Sam claims that HE called Murray and told him he was coming to Philly and that he should also, and Murray at that point called Chip. I'll try and find the quotes from back then.
                        I think this is where things get fuzzy because I also posed an partial that quoted Bradford as calling Murray (or texting) and Murray responded that he was already in contact with the Eagles. After that things really heated up.

Comment

I can't imagine Kelly wanting Manziel.

Pluses:
                          He's mobile

Minuses:
                          He has an addiction problem to alcohol or street drugs or both;
                          He's small;
                          He's fragile;
                          He's a spoiled, self-absorbed punk;
                          He has clearly demonstrated a blatant reluctance to put in the work to improve.

The jury is still out on his accuracy and his potential to ever be able to quickly read defenses.

Kelly has made it clear that he is willing to unload guys who don't fit his scheme and/or his sense of what a Chip Kelly team player is. Why would he pursue a guy who presents so many risks?
                          Last edited by tinopuno; 04-09-2015, 12:32 AM.

Comment

60, please read the last 5 or 6 posts in the "Boo-Hoo McCoy thread..... seems just about EVERY report has Murray calling Chip, and Chip admitting that they didn't pursue do to ASSUMING they couldn't afford him.

And my only point here is that it seems Sam had a LOT to do with Murray coming here and I do not think he would be real happy IF they moved Sam at least in year 1.

Comment

60, please read the last 5 or 6 posts in the "Boo-Hoo McCoy thread..... seems just about EVERY report has Murray calling Chip, and Chip admitting that they didn't pursue do to ASSUMING they couldn't afford him.

And my only point here is that it seems Sam had a LOT to do with Murray coming here and I do not think he would be real happy IF they moved Sam at least in year 1.
                              If I knew how to find my post about it I would. I'm really just pointing out what taz was referring to. If you look up above you will see that I posted where I agree with you. This whole thing is silly as I think you or I have a better chance of playing for the Birds than Johnny Dipshit does anyway.

Comment

If Manzeil comes to Philly, I root for Dallas
                                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X