How are you feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you feeling?

How are you feeling about the Eagles chances going into the game tomorrow?

For myself, I am worried that Brees picks our secondary apart. They are playing much better but Brees is so quick to get rid of the ball that I’m worried that they won’t have time to recover from mistakes. With a young and relatively inexperienced secondary, mistakes are to be expected. I am also worried a little about our D line. Again because Brees is so fast with his release (something Mrs Brees has complained about for years!) I can see the D line getting close but not getting there in time. Between frustration and a desire to quiet the crowd, I think our guys become victims of flag happy officials calling roughing the passer and illegal hands to the face penalties.

On the other side of the ball I think Nick will have a great day. I think Goedert will have a big day along with Golden Tate. The Eagles haven’t used him to his full potential yet and this is a great day to get him more involved in the offense.

I think we win a very close game and it will come down to the team who has the ball last. Eagles 38 - Aint’s 35.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Brees wasn't playing well towards the end of the year, teams seem to devise a way to get to him and slow down his receivers. I think this game will be much like the Atlanta game last year, a game where the expectation of high scoring affair that winds up being a knock out drag out defensive game. In those games who can bet against Nick? The biggest thing in my mind will be the officiating. If its fairly officiated I think we win, if even a few calls go there way that shouldn't we will lose. I think right now these teams are very evenly matched (and that is with half of our team on the IR).

Also, I think Wallace makes a difference tomorrow. I think very early they stretch the field with him and it loosens up the Saints defense
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I agree with above. Brees was showing his age a little towards the end of the season and let's hope that continues. I'd also take the under in this game because the Saints also have a great defense. They are a monster team to play.

I heard a little tidbit today that sounded different. The Eagles are actually working on a bunch of different silent counts that they think can fool the Saints. I'll believe that one when I see it but who knows? I think that the toughest thing about playing in the dome is that it's almost impossible to change plays because you can't even hear the guy next to you never mind the whole team. I hope that we can stay with them and continue the Legend of Nick Foles and play so friekin good that the Eagles will have a huge decision about keeping him or Wentz!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Earlier today, I was flipping through the football shows, and I caught sight of the Saints players thoroughly enjoying themselves while pummeling the Eagles earlier this season. If I'm Doug, I've made sure that the Eagles watched enough of that this week to be extremely annoyed.

That said, this is going to be a tough game to win. They can, but I think a couple of things have to happen. One, they need to get some calls. No way can the beat the Saints and the refs. Two, they need to win the turnover ratio. If they can do that, they can win the game. They are going to have to play a super clean game, and get a couple of calls. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          Earlier today, I was flipping through the football shows, and I caught sight of the Saints players thoroughly enjoying themselves while pummeling the Eagles earlier this season. If I'm Doug, I've made sure that the Eagles watched enough of that this week to be extremely annoyed.

That said, this is going to be a tough game to win. They can, but I think a couple of things have to happen. One, they need to get some calls. No way can the beat the Saints and the refs. Two, they need to win the turnover ratio. If they can do that, they can win the game. They are going to have to play a super clean game, and get a couple of calls. Simple as that.
          It's always the turnovers EB. They have to play clean and take it away a few times for them to win. Also as you said stay away from the pass interference and illegal contact stuff.

Comment

I don’t remeber the exact numbers, but I heard a stat that when Nick throws in less than 2.5 seconds he has a 78% completion rate and a 7 TD to 1 Int ratio. When he has more time the compltions drop to 60-something and TD-Int goes to 3-5. Clearly this stat if correct means he is forcing passes and trying to do too much. This worries me a little because as others have said we can’t turn the ball over tomorrow.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just me, but to win I think they have to sack Brees at least twice in addition to getting pressure and knocking him down occasionally (have to knock him off his routine). They need two turnovers that result in points. And they have to stay away from the flag. Not going to be easy. Gonna be tough
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

It will take all of the above guys. Interesting stuff about Foles Juk. Nick can be a turnover machine sometimes. No room for that against NO.

Comment

Working...
                X