X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham wants to work out contract with Howie

https://www.phillyvoice.com/nfl-rumo...team-discount/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

IMO absolutely great if it works out. I like Graham's game. I like the continuity of having him. Hurt early in his career but has worked hard the last couple of years. Gonna be enough change that it would be good to keep who they can. Now the money part...….. who knows. If he thinks he has a future TV or radio gig in Philly it might be worth it to him to take a buck less.
    Hope it starts a trend
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      IMO absolutely great if it works out. I like Graham's game. I like the continuity of having him. Hurt early in his career but has worked hard the last couple of years. Gonna be enough change that it would be good to keep who they can. Now the money part...….. who knows. If he thinks he has a future TV or radio gig in Philly it might be worth it to him to take a buck less.
      Hope it starts a trend
      Steve mentioned that he thought that we could sign Jernigan cheap because his contract was ripped up after the injury. I'm not so sure about that but I hope we can just resign him (maybe with incentives?). I'm not sure if we have to do Carson's contract just left because I think that we get a 6th year with #1 picks but I'm not sure. I think that I remember that we had that situation with Simon years ago but could be wrong there.

Comment

The Eagles are kind of tight on the cap going into next year. However they can free up a ton of money very easily. 2020 they are in GREAT cap shape, so they can probably sign anyone they want. They can give them signing bonus to get them their first year dollars so their cap number is lower and get higher in 2020.

Also, as I was looking at the cap number, Alshon is due 14.5 mill on the cap, 11.5 is salary that is guaranteed. As they have done with others they can turn that into a signing bonus and free up 7-8 million.

As for Graham he is 31 and honestly didn't have a great year. I think for him it will depend on what he wants. If he is reasonable along the line of what Chris Long is making 5-6 mill per year I think they bring him back. If he is looking to break the bank won't happen here
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I really want Graham and Peters to be lifetime Eagles and retire here. Heck, I want all the guys to stay and be lifetime Eagles. Come to think about it Peters started in Buffalo but that was 100 years ago so we won't count that.

Comment

So much for the home team discount

Brandon Graham makes it clear that he plans to test free agency
            Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2019, 10:26 AM EST

Getty Images
            On Monday, Eagles defensive end Brandom Graham created the impression that he possibly would be willing to give his current team a hometown discount. On Tuesday, Graham made it clear that’s not the case.

“I love Philly but I owe it to myself and my family to explore free agency,” Graham told PFT by phone on Tuesday morning. “I’m in the business of doing what’s best for my family. I need to explore the market.”

Fueling Graham’s intent to make it to the market is the reality that the Eagles had been trying to get Graham signed to a new deal for a while, but that the offers hadn’t been deemed to be good enough by Graham. Now that he has completed his contract and carries no further injury risk, Graham can shop himself to the highest bidder.

“I’m a little disappointed that we tried the last couple years and couldn’t get a deal done,” Graham, a first-round pick of the Eagles in 2010, emphasized.

Graham’s contract becomes relevant because the Eagles’ season ended sooner than Graham and the team would have preferred. Graham explained that he believes the Eagles had the Saints on the ropes, and he knows that if he’d managed to recover the ball after forcing a Drew Brees fumble late in the first quarter, a field goal or a touchdown pushing the score to 17-0 or 21-0 may have become the dagger for the home team.

Eleven months ago, Graham delivered the dagger in Super Bowl LII, with a Tom Brady strip-sack that sealed the Eagles’ first-ever Super Bowl win. Whether he’ll continue to make such timely plays in Philly or elsewhere remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
            X