• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks Tears Left Achilles , Out for the Entire Season

Well this just fucking sucks

Brandon Brooks tears Achilles, out for season, sources say
    By Derrick Gunn June 15, 2020 7:30 PM

Months away from the start of the 2020 season and the Eagles have already been dealt a devastating blow.

Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks on Monday tore his left Achilles tendon while working out at the NovaCare Complex, according to sources. He will miss the entire 2020 season.

I’m told Brooks knew the severity of the injury right away and was devastated. He injured himself running on a practice field.

As I’ve consistently stated during this offseason, the Eagles want Jason Peters back and Peters wants to be here, having already turned down a couple of offers from other teams. This gut-wrenching news about Brooks should expedite the Eagles’ process to get Peters back in the building.

Back in the 2018 divisional playoff round against the Saints, Brooks tore his right Achilles. He rehabbed from that injury in eight months and returned to start the season opener in 2019. The 2020 season is scheduled to begin in less than three months.

Not only did Brooks return to start the 2019 season, but he went on to make his third consecutive Pro Bowl and played at his highest level yet. Brooks will turn 31 in August, which makes the recovery just a little bit more difficult as an older player.

This is the third significant injury in less than three years for Brooks. He has now torn both Achilles tendons and also needed surgery this offseason on his shoulder after dislocating it in the 2019 regular season finale. He missed the playoff game against the Seahawks. Because he was returning from a previous injury, Brooks was allowed to work out at the NovaCare Complex.

Since arriving as a free agent from Houston in 2016, Brooks has started 62 regular season games and five playoff games while becoming one of the best guards in the league. Brooks is under contract through the 2024 season.

Doug Pederson has a video press conference scheduled for 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

And so it begins.......
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not sure what having Peters back does to help the guard situation. I'm afraid Brooks is having too many injuries for a big guy.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Not sure what having Peters back does to help the guard situation. I'm afraid Brooks is having too many injuries for a big guy.
        I've never heard of anybody tearing both achilles tendons before. Talk about bad luck
        Last edited by Eagle60; 06-16-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I'vs never heard of anybody tearing both achilles tendons before. Talk about bad luck
          I’ve done it. I torn the right one in ‘99 and the left in ‘03, both times playing baseball. Don’t understand the correlation though. Why does tearing one make it more likely you tear the other? If it happened soon after rehab I would think it’s from favoring the weak leg. But more often than not it seems to occur several years later so it makes no sense.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

He was rehabbing the shoulder. The achilles was the year before. He played all last year after the achilles was healed
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Maybe the timeline for Jack Driscoll has moved up.

Comment

Football Gods strike again......

Comment

I can't take another season of perpetual injuries. The last two seasons have been unbelievable. I can't deal with another year of backups, end-of-the-road FAs and undrafted no names again.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

This has to be a joke. This can't be happening already. Good God when are they going to catch a break.

Comment

It happens to us every friekin year going back to 1963 that I can remember. Even the year we won the damned SB we were all mangled up. Pryor got some PT last year and played pretty good. The bigger problem is the fact that this is just the first of a dozen more guys getting hurt and even if that doesn't happen that damned covid will wipe us out.

Comment

Zach Berman

@ZBerm
                        In Brandon Brooks' four years in Philadelphia, the Eagles are 41-23 when he plays at least 50 percent of the offensive snaps. They're 0-6 when he's out or plays fewer than 50 percent of the offensive snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Zach Berman

@ZBerm
                          In Brandon Brooks' four years in Philadelphia, the Eagles are 41-23 when he plays at least 50 percent of the offensive snaps. They're 0-6 when he's out or plays fewer than 50 percent of the offensive snaps.
                          I like stats as much as anybody..... as long as they really do mean something. This one doesn’t (not saying losing Brooks in anyway a good thing). Every year is a different team, with different teammates, with different results, with different opponents, with different injuries, with everything different.... each and every year.

Just sayin!

Let’s try and look at some upside like maybe we can replace him, at least possible?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            I like stats as much as anybody..... as long as they really do mean something. This one doesn’t (not saying losing Brooks in anyway a good thing). Every year is a different team, with different teammates, with different results, with different opponents, with different injuries, with everything different.... each and every year.

Just sayin!

Let’s try and look at some upside like maybe we can replace him, at least possible?
                            I guess that I'm the only guy that likes Pryor. That guy is a maular. Maybe he doesn't pick stunts up as much as he should but I thought that he looked good. The problem is that when you lose 2 pro bowlers off the best O line in the league you're probably only going to be average up front.

Comment

Ugh

Comment

Working...
                              X