We believe you Andy........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We believe you Andy........

Ried:"We're going to be fine. We have to play with discipline and focus. I know the guys are going to do that this week."

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Why is that so questionable?
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
      His signature will explain. Something to do with stubornness and a hard head. That is Fresh, I was talking about.
      Pedro

Comment

Good question. I mean, they've displayed such obvious discipline and focus so far this season, I just don't see how anyone could question that they could possibly have a problem with it.

Comment

I'm not questioning anything. Just posted that quote as a "buyin' or sellin'"
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
            Good question. I mean, they've displayed such obvious discipline and focus so far this season, I just don't see how anyone could question that they could possibly have a problem with it.
            He says they have to play with discipline and focus and that he has confidence they will....

I guess I do not see the horrible part of that quote....what do we want him to say?

"The entire team will be flogged at 4, media is invited and JJ and McNabb will be forced to play 4 rounds of russian roulette this morning. Time's yours."

lol...I guess I do not get after 8 years that some fans do not know how Reid operates with the media.

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK, I see differences in recent Reid speak. When he mentions that the team will get focused and disciplined, that STRONGLY indicates that in his opinion they have NOT been.

As with other quotes that heve ben floated by Reid in the last week or so, he is beginning to gently finger point. WHether it's at someone making a boneheaded mistake, someone making a coverage mistake on STs coverage, JJ being more aggressive.....just a general shift in his pressers. Besides the standardized "we need to do a better job, blah, blah....", he is ID-ing focus, discipline and mistakes.

If he is dropping tidbits likethis to US, then I would bet he is dropping bombs behind closed doors. When is the last time he hauled his team in for an early Monday meeting?

Comment

"As with other quotes that heve ben floated by Reid in the last week or so, he is beginning to gently finger point. WHether it's at someone making a boneheaded mistake, someone making a coverage mistake on STs coverage, JJ being more aggressive.....just a general shift in his pressers. Besides the standardized "we need to do a better job, blah, blah....", he is ID-ing focus, discipline and mistakes. "

Ummm, and this comes on the heels of weekly F'ups, now costing him 2 games in a row...... it shouldn't take anyone by surprise I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  VFK, I see differences in recent Reid speak. When he mentions that the team will get focused and disciplined, that STRONGLY indicates that in his opinion they have NOT been.

As with other quotes that heve ben floated by Reid in the last week or so, he is beginning to gently finger point. WHether it's at someone making a boneheaded mistake, someone making a coverage mistake on STs coverage, JJ being more aggressive.....just a general shift in his pressers. Besides the standardized "we need to do a better job, blah, blah....", he is ID-ing focus, discipline and mistakes.

If he is dropping tidbits likethis to US, then I would bet he is dropping bombs behind closed doors. When is the last time he hauled his team in for an early Monday meeting?
                  I agree about the monday meeting....but coming off the last two games especially and the whole season of inconsistency so far, which I have NEVER seen with a Reid-coached team since maybe 1999, I think we have seen a first, not a change from previous behavior IMO....

I have always heard him point out mistakes and make statements on issues the team needs to improve on every year in his press conferences or media talks....

Perhaps people feel all he says is "we will be fine here" or "that is on me" or "times yours", but if so they need to listen or read the transcripts again because he most times will point things out....he will never name names or throw players or coaches under the bus, but he usually is pretty honest in general terms about what went right and wrong IMO....

Another issue could be that in past years, for whatever reasons, the things got cleaned up quickly and the team went on a winning streak where they played well....this year they have not cleaned things up and so it keeps being repeated more often....I remember starting 2-3 or 0-2 or 3-3, but starting 4-1 and then losing two games like these last ones is a different pattern....

I do not know the answer, but again I d not see how horrible or new his quote was in this case....

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK, it IS a new approach, IMO. And very much for the reasons you outlined, because it is now NECESSARY. That is my point. This teams F-ups have reached a level that Ried is being MORE specific in hs criticisms. Reid might have said before"we need to do a better job on 3rd downs". Vague as all get-out.

MD, it doesn't really take me by surprise, because we all KNOW it's an issue. But I AM surprised to hear Coach Red address it.

Comment

And if anyone says I am reaching, hey, with Reid that is all we CAN do, is interpret his coachspeak, at which he is the Jedi Master. I'm looking for little things. Little things that tell me that Andy knows this is not simply a talent or scheme issue, as it is a discipline issue. However, actions speak more loudly than words, and the Monday meeting speaks louder than anything.

Comment

i think AR knows he has a very young team in some areas that needs reminding about some of these issues.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                          i think AR knows he has a very young team in some areas that needs reminding about some of these issues.
                          Zackly!

And if anyone assumes that what is said in public or to the media is really the ONLY way Reid feels or acts in private--------since he has been here---- well let's just say Jukins house is willing to go on the line again.

Comment

Next person on this team that takes an Unsportsman-like foul should have to pay a fine.

Of all the mistakes, that is the most preventable, and the one I do not want to see out of this team for the rest of the season.

The one exception I would make is for judgement call late-hits on the QB or a runner heading out of bounds. If its blatant, yes, if its ticky-tack I might make an exception.

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
                              Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                              Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":51642
                              He says they have to play with discipline and focus and that he has confidence they will....

I guess I do not see the horrible part of that quote....what do we want him to say?

"The entire team will be flogged at 4, media is invited and JJ and McNabb will be forced to play 4 rounds of russian roulette this morning. Time's yours."

lol...I guess I do not get after 8 years that some fans do not know how Reid operates with the media.[/quote:51642]

I do not see where anyone was seeing some horrible part of that quote. My point was that it was perfectly understandable for someone to question that comment, in light of their performance so far this year. That's why Fresh questioned it, not because he's hard headed, as Pedro so eloqently put it. How you can even ask that question, How is that so questionable, is beyond me, but maybe you've slept through our defeats this year.

FWIW, I think they will show signs of getting their heads out of their a$$es this week. I want to see them paste the Jags, for 60 full minutes, then go into the bye week with some momentum to build on. I "think" that's what's going to happen, but after last week, I ain't bettin the paycheck on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X