No announcement yet.

We believe you Andy........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like 2000-2001 all over again. 'Course, I won't complain if it leads to more NFCCG and SB appearances, with a wiser coach and QB on our side.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

[quote=Eaglebreath]
      Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
      Originally posted by Eaglebreath
      Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":f9eff
      Why is that so questionable?
      Good question. I mean, they've displayed such obvious discipline and focus so far this season, I just don't see how anyone could question that they could possibly have a problem with it.
      He says they have to play with discipline and focus and that he has confidence they will....

I guess I do not see the horrible part of that quote....what do we want him to say?

"The entire team will be flogged at 4, media is invited and JJ and McNabb will be forced to play 4 rounds of russian roulette this morning. Time's yours."

lol...I guess I do not get after 8 years that some fans do not know how Reid operates with the media.
      I do not see where anyone was seeing some horrible part of that quote. My point was that it was perfectly understandable for someone to question that comment, in light of their performance so far this year. That's why Fresh questioned it, not because he's hard headed, as Pedro so eloqently put it. How you can even ask that question, How is that so questionable, is beyond me, but maybe you've slept through our defeats this year.

FWIW, I think they will show signs of getting their heads out of their a$$es this week. I want to see them paste the Jags, for 60 full minutes, then go into the bye week with some momentum to build on. I "think" that's what's going to happen, but after last week, I ain't bettin the paycheck on it.[/quote:f9eff]

Then explain it to me, EB, if it is so clear.....

How does the quote, "We're going to be fine. We have to play with discipline and focus. I know the guys are going to do that this week"

elicit emoticon reaction like this:

Those emoticons to me state the poster is shocked, frustrated and upset about the quote and the person who stated it.

I asked very clearly WHY that was such a bad and questionable quote by Reid. IMO it seems very clear that he is stating the team needs to improve its focus and discipline and that he (Reid) is confident that his team will do that starting this week....to me that is exactly what many have been saying on this board since the Tampa game....so you can imagine my confusion as to why it is so objectionable.
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

VFK, let me explain myself to you, if that's what it takes to put this to bed.

The first emoticon is saying "Are you shocked by this?"
        Second: " Are you buyin this?"
        Third: "Does it make you scratch your head? What does it mean to YOU?"

From here forward, I will provide a verbal explanation with any and all emoticons used within my posts. I hope that will help.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

And when I posted that I was not questioning anything, that means that I am not trying to pass judgements on the quote and cloud peoples interpretation. I am ASKING for YOUR reactions.

So, are you shocked, buyin, or what DO you think of the quote?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Actually the 1st e-con advises that "you" are rolling your eyes, thus sarcasm or disbelief or "can you beleive this", no?

My guess is this is what confused VFK, not to put words in his mouth though.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              And when I posted that I was not questioning anything, that means that I am not trying to pass judgements on the quote and cloud peoples interpretation. I am ASKING for YOUR reactions.

So, are you shocked, buyin, or what DO you think of the quote?
              I didn't have any problem understanding it Fresh. It looked to me like your basic line of thinking was that, under the circumstances, you didn't know how the team was going to respond to it.

But, I guess maybe Vote was thinking that you actually had the audactity to question something that Reid said.

Comment

Oh, and I'm buyin.

But, if they brain fart away the Jax game, it's going to severly rattle my confidence. Even moreso than it is right now.

Comment

But, I guess maybe Vote was thinking that you actually had the audactity to question something that Reid said.

Not ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                    Actually the 1st e-con advises that "you" are rolling your eyes, thus sarcasm or disbelief or "can you beleive this", no?

Interesting. On MY screen, my post displays the SHOCKED icon first.

Shocked? Not buyin it? Hmmmmmm.....

Get it??????

Damn this is pathtic.

No more ICONS for the iconic impaired!!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                      Originally posted by MDFAN
                      Actually the 1st e-con advises that "you" are rolling your eyes, thus sarcasm or disbelief or "can you believe this", no?

Interesting. On MY screen, my post displays the SHOCKED icon first.

Shocked? Not buyin it? Hmmmmmm.....

Get it??????

Damn this is pathtic.

No more ICONS for the iconic impaired!!!! LOL!
                      Well iconic impaired as I was/am --- I was using the one from VFK's post, mistake I made was that I used his 1,2,3 order assuming it was correct, my bad, BUT if you use yours-- the rolling eyes is right there at # 2 - again depicting sarcasm and disbelief or the "can you believe this" emotion.

But I guess us iconic impaired morons should "know" that only the first icon is the one that counts!

Comment

When I said impaired, I was referring to MY use of icons, MD. Sheesh, LIGHTEN UP BUD!!!!!!!!

Me, ICON. You PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, and what I DON'T need is someone trying to interpret for me what my post means. If you have questions, ASK! I'm here for ya!

Comment

And to stretch this out and get my post count a little higher.....

Does anyone want to express their thoughts on Reid's qoute, and step away from the intriguing discussion regarding my use of emoticons?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                              Oh, and I'm buyin.

But, if they brain fart away the Jax game, it's going to severly rattle my confidence. Even moreso than it is right now.
                              I think they are being called out, to the extent that Reid will do it publicly. No names, just an abreviated reminder of the ass reaming that he probably gave them on Monday. Or maybe it just entered his consciousness during his presser, cuz he can't escape it and is having nightmares.

I have NO problems with Reid doing this. I am NOT suggesting that Reid is doing anything wrong here. I support it wholeheartedly, and I HOPE that from this and other indications tht we have read about, that Andy is taking these guys "behind the woodshed" about some of the crap we've seen. I ALSO hope that it has the desired effect and that some of these players get their heads out of their collective asses, ...for a whole game would be NICE!

Comment

Well quite frankly I wasn't "interpreting" your post, just reading it!

Since you never mentioned/acknowledged the "rolling eyes" at all or that it(the rolling eyes) was a "possible" reason for VFK to read your post they way he did, I assumed I was reading it correctly.

Since you only addressed Icon #1.. never acknowledging icons 2 (sarvcasm) and 3,, you only chided me for not getting the order correct.

Sorry for trying to help out.

This MUST be my error...... I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                                X