one thing in common with the rest of the NFC East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing in common with the rest of the NFC East

The NY media is probably feeling good about the Jints, but the rest of the NFC East's media is shook up these days.

Seems like the Fort Worth Star Telegram and the Washington Post have written off their teams ("1001 problems to fix" in the Post), with the Star Telegram saying a couple of bad things about Parcells too, saying that he'd "flushed" the Dallas season by going to Tony Romo...

And the Inquirer and PDN media said today that AR was annoyed in press conferences -- and they're worried that he doesn't know how to handle this, that the season's at a tipping point that'll either right the ship, or it'll roll over. One writer suggested that a Sunday loss would be "devastating" to the team and that the team lacked character guys like Duce Staley, Ike Reese, Chad Lewis, Carlos Emmons, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent. This quote was a trip: "When they left, so did some backbone."

So the Eagles need a backbone transplant?

Ok.........

I figure it's more like some of us have been saying, the team is re-learning to play all four quarters and playing smart football. As much as I miss expecting a 12-4 season like it's a birthright, that writing really pisses me off. I expected the Eagles to bounce back right away this year, but they've beaten themselves in 3 out of 7 games. So. Does that suck? Yeah, but I figure that the only way to fix this is to play their way through it, whether the media and the WIP fan base can handle that or not.

Do they lack backbone? Hell no. I'd even give the dumb personal foul penalties as examples that they don't.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

I don't think this team lacks backbone. Maybe a brain stem.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
      Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        Not to mention a biological clock

Comment

Of all the guys the writer listed as "backbone" players, only two of them actually played on the Super Bowl team.

Comment

Working...
          X